LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 141 users in the forums

Boom! Seattle fan gets payback for breaking the record.

Shop 49ers game tickets
The game on Sunday Night Football wasn't that great for us 49ers fans. There was a lot of hype leading up to the game. Seattle's run at the end of the season was pretty good and they seem to be a legit team. That being said, the 49ers are clearly the better team. When all the folks on the sports shows were asking eachother who was going to win, only a few went with the Seahawks. The main reason is that they are all afraid to pick outside the trend.

I had my eye on this game as soon as the schedules were announced. I reckon we can beat the Colts but the first two games were worrying. Sure, we hammered the Packers in the playoffs but they are still a strong team. Seattle always give us a tough game, so I was slightly concerned. When I heard that the Seattle fans were going to try and set a noise record, I was really worried. They're a noisy bunch at the best of times. I was so impressed by the wall of sound that I wrote an article about it. The very best part is at the end where a 49ers fan punches a dude in the face for taunting.

You can read it here,
http://www.infobarrel.com/The_Worlds_Loudest_Fans_with_Fists

I genuinely believe that without that crowd, we would have beaten them hands down. The 12th Man really was the deciding factor in that game and there's nothing we can do about it. I just hope that we can give them the required payback on Dec 8th.
I disagree. Seattle's crowd noise definitely helps slow the offenses down for other teams but it doesn't make them completely crap the bed.

The biggest reason for the loss was that Seattle did a great job of keeping Kap off-balance and out of rhythm... because of that he stunk and the offense stunk. The next big key was the NFL throwing the 5 yard contact rule out the window. Watching that game again was frustrating because they let the Seahawks maul our WRs well beyond the 5 yards they would basically latch on and never let go. I don't think it is a conspiracy, just a very loose interpretation of the rules by the refs. First the contact is legal and then once they get past 5 yards they are switching to another rule that the CB can fight back after the WR initiates contact... the BS here is that as the Seattle guys initiated contact and kept contact going they are flipping responsibility on the 49ers WRs after 5 yards which is untrue... they wouldn't even be touching the Seahawks guys if the Seahawks guys did initiate under 5 yards. Lastly, the Offensive Line is not doing a very good job on pass protection this year and it is keeping Kap nervous and unsettled.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I disagree. Seattle's crowd noise definitely helps slow the offenses down for other teams but it doesn't make them completely crap the bed.

I'm with you there threelittlebirds, I don't think that they crapped the bed either, but I do think that a lot of the unsettled play was because of communication issues and a little bit of the atmosphere.

The Seahawks were undefeated at home last year, so there has to be some truth in the noise factor claims.
Can't we just say SEA has a damn good defense and a solid offense?
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

I'm with you there threelittlebirds, I don't think that they crapped the bed either, but I do think that a lot of the unsettled play was because of communication issues and a little bit of the atmosphere.

The Seahawks were undefeated at home last year, so there has to be some truth in the noise factor claims.

Detroit's dome was pretty damn loud when the 49ers went there in 2011, caused a bunch of false starts.

One thing I will concede though, is that the atmosphere does lead to favorable officiating. The refs feel the energy and aren't afraid to feed into it and are terrified of going against the crowd.
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:
The game on Sunday Night Football wasn't that great for us 49ers fans. There was a lot of hype leading up to the game. Seattle's run at the end of the season was pretty good and they seem to be a legit team. That being said, the 49ers are clearly the better team. When all the folks on the sports shows were asking eachother who was going to win, only a few went with the Seahawks. The main reason is that they are all afraid to pick outside the trend.

I had my eye on this game as soon as the schedules were announced. I reckon we can beat the Colts but the first two games were worrying. Sure, we hammered the Packers in the playoffs but they are still a strong team. Seattle always give us a tough game, so I was slightly concerned. When I heard that the Seattle fans were going to try and set a noise record, I was really worried. They're a noisy bunch at the best of times. I was so impressed by the wall of sound that I wrote an article about it. The very best part is at the end where a 49ers fan punches a dude in the face for taunting.

You can read it here,
http://www.infobarrel.com/The_Worlds_Loudest_Fans_with_Fists

I genuinely believe that without that crowd, we would have beaten them hands down. The 12th Man really was the deciding factor in that game and there's nothing we can do about it. I just hope that we can give them the required payback on Dec 8th.

12th man? it's the STADIUM that amplifies the noise.
They should go back to the rule before 2007 and hold the crowd noise accountable. It's not fair to the visiting team to not hear the QB. Especially when the owner built the stadium to hold the noise in. There is also the report that they are using the PA system to help enhance the noise level. I wonder if they looked at that when they supposedly set a new world record? I doubt it!
It is no doubt one of the main factors, but I don't think we beat them hands down... Their defense is perfectly constructed to shut our offense down, especially since we're so thin at WR.

I am pretty confident, barring anymore injuries and things keep going according to plan, that we will beat Seattle later in the year, though.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Vegas paid refs... go ask roger BADell
HAHAHAHA we fans are too much HAHAHAHA thats awesome im glad it wasnt the other way around

that was a sucker punch for no reason
Any stadium would be that loud if they pumped in crowd noise and amplified it. Yeah, they may have built the stadium to redirect sound toward the field, but they without a doubt pump in noise. Thinking they don't is plain ignorance.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
I don't know what happened there, but it didn't look like a punch and the other didn't react like someone just sucker punched him.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
It is no doubt one of the main factors, but I don't think we beat them hands down... Their defense is perfectly constructed to shut our offense down, especially since we're so thin at WR.

I am pretty confident, barring anymore injuries and things keep going according to plan, that we will beat Seattle later in the year, though.

If "things keep going according to plan" it's gonna be hard for them to play the same defense... Crabs/Boldin/MM/VD.... that man-to-man/stuffing the box crap won't suffice. Not to mention, they play Saints (will be a tough game) before their beat down at the Stick. Then they go to Giants (won't be playing for anything), I'm sure Giants gonna get dirty for the hell of it
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

If "things keep going according to plan" it's gonna be hard for them to play the same defense... Crabs/Boldin/MM/VD.... that man-to-man/stuffing the box crap won't suffice. Not to mention, they play Saints (will be a tough game) before their beat down at the Stick. Then they go to Giants (won't be playing for anything), I'm sure Giants gonna get dirty for the hell of it

I think you misinterpreted what I said. I meant if everything goes according to plan for us and we don't hit any more major speed humps.
Share 49ersWebzone