LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

wr help DaRick Rodgers

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Colts-sign-Lawrence-Guy-Xavier-Nixon-cut-DaRick-Rogers-Kerwynn-Williams.html
was wondering what people thought??? Think he can help???
sorry if this is in the wrong forum!!!
[ Edited by nanticoke on Sep 24, 2013 at 5:23 PM ]
Originally posted by nanticoke:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Colts-sign-Lawrence-Guy-Xavier-Nixon-cut-DaRick-Rogers-Kerwynn-Williams.html
was wondering what people thought??? Think he can help???
sorry if this is in the wrong forum!!!

doubt it. Didnt make an opening day 53 man roster, signs on Indy, gets cut 1 week later. Reason why he gets cut. Rather let Patton and Moore develop more, and cut Williams' ass.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
MODS Merge with the other Da'Rick threads?

We won't sign or trade for any receivers because we currently have 6 WRs on our roster 2 that are inactive on game day because they need(ed) time to learn the playbook according to the coaches.

We then have our 2 starting WRs from last season slated to come back in 1 month and 2.5 months respectively

and even if we did cut/trade any of the fringe players like Harper, Baldwin, or Osgood we would just promote Chuck Jacobs from the practice squad so he can be inactive on game days like Baldwin and Harper have been.
Originally posted by sfout:
MODS Merge with the other Da'Rick threads?

We won't sign or trade for any receivers because we currently have 6 WRs on our roster 2 that are inactive on game day because they need(ed) time to learn the playbook according to the coaches.

We then have our 2 starting WRs from last season slated to come back in 1 month and 2.5 months respectively

and even if we did cut/trade any of the fringe players like Harper, Baldwin, or Osgood we would just promote Chuck Jacobs from the practice squad so he can be inactive on game days like Baldwin and Harper have been.

searched and didn't find any other DaRick Rodgers or Da'Rick Rodgers threads..if there is I apologize
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nanticoke:
searched and didn't find any other DaRick Rodgers or Da'Rick Rodgers threads..if there is I apologize

all good, last I checked there were a few, maybe they've be locked or removed by now. but my point still stands even though I think our locker room would set him straight.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
It doesnt matter. Any WR we sign aparently has to sit for 3 weeks to learn the playbook. Might as well wait for manningham.
This guy is a bum. Sign Collie.
[b]hawkins
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Bring back Hastings and Swain
I actually wanted us picking Rogers.

I'm optimistic that Baldwin will be unleashed this week as the #3 guy, with a strong performance hopefully he can break into the starting lineup. Really miss Mario and Crabs
I also wanted to get him in the draft - what a mistake that would have been.

It's not an accident that he gets let go by teams. He must be real poison.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
MIles Austin, Josh Gordon or some other trade would be the right direction.
LOL at Rogers.....are people serious with this nonsense? Dude's been cut by two NFL teams within the past month after going undrafted. He's useless.
Originally posted by Chief:
MIles Austin, Josh Gordon or some other trade would be the right direction.

Would love Austin if he could stay healthy. Not quite sure what his contract holds though. Austin works best in the slot rather than on the outside. Wonder what the Browns would take for Gordon? It could save an early round pick on WR for next year in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone