LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by titan:
I agree. But our trouble with Crabs is he really thinks he is that awesome. He held out before I'm sure he would jump all over free agency.

Agree with you there. I'll be shocked if Crabtree signs without testing free agency. He wants to get paid. I think he's going to go for a mega deal, but will be disappointed by the offers he receives.
I agree. But our trouble with Crabs is he really thinks he is that awesome. He held out before I'm sure he would jump all over free agency.

That was four years ago, let it go. Since the day he signed his contact (with a losing joke of a franchise) til now he had not shown any behavior to suggest that he's a problem. Always seems very humble.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Should Crabtree receive Megatron, AJ Green, Julio Jones money? Is he in that class? These three have shown they can get deep. He needs one more year performance wise to be in that class. If they sign him now there may be a reduction. Coming back after a serious injury changes the mindset of the player, especially with the money on the table. I'm all for signing him but I'rather see long term success and that means financial restraints.

No man. You don't have to argue that Crab is not worth Green, Jones, or Johnson money. No one thinks that. Crab probably doesn't think that. I think he deserves #1 WR money like Bowe, Wallace, or Jennings got this year.

He's a foundation piece for the WR core.

He's not a burner, but he is a great route runner with an excellent release. He's a unique WR in that he uses his strength to create separation. He has elite hands and can adjust to any throw. In combination with his strength he can make catches with CBs in his body. He's a chain mover and the offense is missing that so much right now. After we inject some talent from this WR rich draft we're going to have a very strong group.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM ]
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Crabs is great and I hope he comes back and plays great and I hope the Niners pick up a great receiver in the draft but Kap needs to learn how to put some touch on the ball or that new receiver better be able to catch darts
Originally posted by Andra:
Crabs is great and I hope he comes back and plays great and I hope the Niners pick up a great receiver in the draft but Kap needs to learn how to put some touch on the ball or that new receiver better be able to catch darts

Would be awesome if we can retain boldin as well! Dunno bout 6 mil a yr going forward!! Boldins beasten and he wit crabs gonna be awesome if crabs can come back this season!!
Originally posted by outside4949:
THIS times a million. Iupati is replaceable these other cats aren't. Iupatis reputation in bigger than his game. imo

At least Iupati is on the field.
I would pay at max 50 mil for him.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
THIS times a million. Iupati is replaceable these other cats aren't. Iupatis reputation in bigger than his game. imo

Iupati might be the top LG in the league. Don't minimize his impact on the game.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Iupati might be the top LG in the league. Don't minimize his impact on the game.

He hasn't been pass protecting like the best LG in the league. No doubt he had a beastly game yesterday but best in the league is debatable at this point.

I agree though. He is a very valuable cog in the machine.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM ]

Even the top G in the league isn't worth what a #1 receiver is. It is much easier to find guards than receivers of Crabtrees abilities.

Originally posted by eonblue:
He hasn't been pass protecting like the best LG in the league. No doubt he had a beastly game yesterday but best in the league is debatable at this point.

I agree though. He is a very valuable cog in the machine.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Even the top G in the league isn't worth what a #1 receiver is. It is much easier to find guards than receivers of Crabtrees abilities.

Agree on both points. It's easier to find a starting quality guard than a go-to receiver. I'm just sticking up for our guy because it seems like he's a little undervalued by the fanbase. Iupati is a pretty rare athlete for a guard, so while he might be replaceable, it's still a long shot we find someone of equal ability.
Agree on both points. It's easier to find a starting quality guard than a go-to receiver. I'm just sticking up for our guy because it seems like he's a little undervalued by the fanbase. Iupati is a pretty rare athlete for a guard, so while he might be replaceable, it's still a long shot we find someone of equal ability.

I'm a big Iupati fan but the position is more easily plugged into than tackle, and receiver. Only so many people can be paid. When a guy like Paul Kruger can sign a 5 year 40 mill contract, shouldn't Iupati get as much as he can. Take the money and run.

There's no way. He's an absolute animal no doubt, but to be the best on the o-line, it's more about consistency than blowing up dudes every other play. The defensive side, perhaps, is another matter.

On the other hand, I'd like to see the 49ers keep Iupati. I just don't know if I would pay Carl Nicks money.
[ Edited by dhp318 on Sep 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

That was four years ago, let it go. Since the day he signed his contact (with a losing joke of a franchise) til now he had not shown any behavior to suggest that he's a problem. Always seems very humble.

We're lucky we got him. No other WRs were wanting to come here during those times... coaching, owners, QB, etc were pretty laughable (at best).
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

We're lucky we got him. No other WRs were wanting to come here during those times... coaching, owners, QB, etc were pretty laughable (at best).

We are very lucky. Good skilled WR's don't come along often. There are plenty of fast guys, big guys, athletic guys, but there are not that many SKILLED WR's in the league.
Crabtree can make tough catches, get open, block, run after the catch, about as well as anyone.
Share 49ersWebzone