LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Some of you are jumping the gun....he may not be the player he was before. Players regress on 2 fronts, mental or physical. We already saw what a year its been for Kap, some were saying 100 million after week 1, a bit foolish now. Might want to wait and see how Crabs is first.

I agree with you in regards to this season. I don't expect much from him this year when he comes back. But by next season, his explosion should return.
maybe
The fact that we have sucked in developing, utilizing, drafting, and all of the other categories of suckage in regards to WR you can think of we have sucked at it. That affects a lot of our thoughts on keeping Crabs, i say keep him, he was coming into his own, don't give an injury prone not top ten number one WR in the league any kind of big contract though. I wouldn't even give him as much money as Mike Wallace. But we need to keep the one talented guy we have had.

This whole season i have been thinking, how is Ted Ginn Jr. Producing and looking like a deep threat that CAN catch in Carolina. He looks like a damn good complementary number 3 at times. Tonight he even made a Crabs esque catch and run for a TD. I know we haven't had tons of guys go and find success elsewhere but we haven't had any good WR's here really either.

This makes me want to hang onto the one guy we have that has decent size/speed combo with some of the best strongest hands and good route running type of guy that we have had in the last ten years.
Also agree we have to find a way to sign Crabtree. I'd also offer our first rounder for Josh Gordon. This is how badly we need an infusion of talent at WR. Without decent wideouts we are very limited and as others have pointed out, we stink at drafting and developing young WRs.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
All I know is I'm scared to death thinking that our WRs under contract for 2014 are

Crabtree
Baldwin
Patton
Carswell
Osgood (undisclosed contract so maybe it was a 1 year deal - anybody know?)

emoticons to convey my feelings on the player

With Rio and Boldin as POSSIBLE returns I am a bit happier but I can't but feel like we need to draft 2+ WRs this season and try and reup Boldin and Rio cause at this point who knows if Baldwin or Osgood will even be on this team next season let alone finish the year with the team and Carswell was a camp body anyway....
Crab definitely made a difference today. But he is still healing. Clearly wasn't as fast as before the injury.

Funny though that he has more receiving yards in one game than Baldwin has all year. Also has only one less catch. Baldwin, you suck.
Was nice to see Crabtree out there moving like he was. Didn't expect him to play that much or make that much impact. It should only get better as it goes each week.
If staley cums back, ill has a bonur z
[ Edited by Eastcoastniner on Dec 1, 2013 at 6:08 PM ]
Pay dat man.
Today you could definitely see what Baalke originally had in mind when he traded for Q. The Rams defense had no idea who to key in on. Boldin and Davis were both looked at in key situations just like normal but the difference was that Crabtree on the field kept the defense honest so they couldn't stop it.

Kap didn't light up the score board but the offense was moving pretty well for most of the game, and that was without a rushing attack.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Dec 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM ]

Crab definitely made a difference today. But he is still healing. Clearly wasn't as fast as before the injury.

Funny though that he has more receiving yards in one game than Baldwin has all year. Also has only one less catch. Baldwin, you suck.

I don't know, he looked at full speed on that 60 yarder along the sideline. He made a double move and had the DB (was it Jenkins?) totally faked out. On a bum Achilles, I don't think he could have cut like that

I'm happy for him and he was clearly excited to be back out there again
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

I don't know, he looked at full speed on that 60 yarder along the sideline. He made a double move and had the DB (was it Jenkins?) totally faked out. On a bum Achilles, I don't think he could have cut like that

I'm happy for him and he was clearly excited to be back out there again

I thought he looked good, too. Just didn't seem to have the speed he did last year. It'll take a little time, but he looked better than I thought he would today.
Great to see him in and producing.

He would have scored before the injury.

Easing him back in is smart and using Manningham w/Crabs takes some pressure off of VD & Boldin. Kap is also more comfortable to hit 2-3 in progression.
Kind of odd that Manningham was starting to look better, but with Crab returning, Manningham was invisible yesterday.
Share 49ersWebzone