LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SFrush:
I didn't at the time...but they could have done so and kept him if they wanted. And in hindsight they should have...just like they should have not let all that talent walk out the door in FA

and in hindsight Crabtree would be nothing more than mediocre with our current QB situation.

So because they can't adequately stock the roster with competent QBs they should just let other talent walk? Lol. That seems to sum up this franchise perfectly
You say that like it's easy.

I know that is asking a lot for a FO to actually do their job
  • titan
  • Veteran
So because they can't adequately stock the roster with competent QBs they should just let other talent walk? Lol. That seems to sum up this franchise perfectly

Not everyone can be a star. I would be content with mediocre players right now until we get some real franchise players
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:

Not everyone can be a star. I would be content with mediocre players right now until we get some real franchise players

We have a bunch of mediocrity right now.
Originally posted by Hopper:

mediocrity would be an upgrade
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

mediocrity would be an upgrade

IKR. Mediocre or mid level players are good especially when surrounded by Pro bowl caliber players. Too bad we have below average players with only 2 pro bowlers and 1 is injured.
They did have enough space back then, not as much as now, but certainly enough.... so that is not a valid response. And that is your opinion that Boldin was their best WR. What is a joke is the teams current WR core...and the team in general

There was enough space to fear him what we offered him. Not to franchise him. Average of the top 5 earners at wide receiver? Come on!
Originally posted by English:
They did have enough space back then, not as much as now, but certainly enough.... so that is not a valid response. And that is your opinion that Boldin was their best WR. What is a joke is the teams current WR core...and the team in general

There was enough space to fear him what we offered him. Not to franchise him. Average of the top 5 earners at wide receiver? Come on!

They had $13+mil in cap space and the tag at the time was $12.8 ...so They absolutely had the cap space to tag him so you come on!

They had $13+mil in cap space and the tag at the time was $12.8 ...so They absolutely had the cap space to tag him so you come on!

I will take your word for the figures although my recollection was different. What is unarguable, though, is that he did not want to stay. And he frankly wasn't all hat good in our game plan. So throwing the entire cap ceiling away on a malcontent who wasn't particularly good is a great plan in your book?

I will take your word for the figures although my recollection was different. What is unarguable, though, is that he did not want to stay. And he frankly wasn't all hat good in our game plan. So throwing the entire cap ceiling away on a malcontent who wasn't particularly good is a great plan in your book?

This is all hindsight on my part. I am not trying to say I was for tagging him back then, because I wasn't. But when you say they did everything they could to bring him back...that's just not true. And to say he wasn't good is not a particularly accurate assessment.
Craptree is a b***h

• Hopper
  • Veteran

A franchise tag was never happening any way you spin it.
Crabs getting locked down by the Broncos #1 corner. 1st catch came in the 4th quarter. Crabs will never be a legit #1
[ Edited by Blindfury on Nov 6, 2016 at 7:58 PM ]
Ah, that hindsight vision. It wasn't happening. And if the team put the franchise tag on Crabtree, based off of what he had seen up until that point, this place, including the OP, would've gone nuts.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Ah, that hindsight vision. It wasn't happening. And if the team put the franchise tag on Crabtree, based off of what he had seen up until that point, this place, including the OP, would've gone nuts.

Exactly...hindsight. But certain folks shouldn't act dismissively and say the Niners did everything they could to retain him.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Crabs getting locked down by the Broncos #1 corner. 1st catch came in the 4th quarter. Crabs will never be a legit #1

From what I could see, he wasn't exactly locked down. The reality was that other receivers were much more open than MC so Carr went elsewhere.

I'm not a big Crabtree fan but he fits very well in that Musgrave offense and will be playing a couple more games this year than the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone