There are 226 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Going to be an expensive offseason. Iupati, Crabs, Smith, Kap...

Wonder if there's any way possible they can manage to sign all of them. As far as Daniel Kilgore next year, reports seem skeptical, and it doesn't appear that Kilgore is looking like a viable replacement at guard or center. To they link Looney can take over?

Regardless, I don't see us exiting the draft without at least another top guard and receiver prospect.
Pay da Man

If we can keep Crabs, Smith, and Kap thats a win in my book.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by billbird2111:
OK. If Crabtree goes on to make some ridiculous catches and dominates the Super Bowl, I will agree with the title of this thread.

That's a big IF!

But if it happens, Trent, PAY THE MAN!

you haven't seen enough proof yet? cmon Bill. Crabtree makes Kap. Crabtree is one of the most clutch WRs on 3rd down i have ever seen. this is going on two years now.
Originally posted by pete98146:
I don't think it's even close. I'll miss Iupati but we need Crabtree.

Originally posted by boast:
Crabtree makes Kap. it's now even more evident.

pay. the. man.

Beginning of the season, I was leaning towards Iupati over Crabtree but now, it's not even close. If it came down to them two and can only keep one, it's Crabtree that the 49ers need to resign.
Anyway we can keep both Boldin and Crabs? I don't think so but hopefully Kap takes a little less to keep both guys around.
After seeing our offense minus Crabtree, I have no problem whatsoever admitting that I was wrong about him.

Yea.....pay the man.
Originally posted by sacleads:
Beginning of the season, I was leaning towards Iupati over Crabtree but now, it's not even close. If it came down to them two and can only keep one, it's Crabtree that the 49ers need to resign.

Exactly. Before the season my list or priority of players to re-sign was : 1. Kap 2. Aldon 3. Iupati 4. Crabtree (mainly because of his injury)

But now it's: 1. Kap 2. Crab 3. Aldon 4. Boldin 5. Iupati

The difference in the offense from the time he has come back is night and day. The guy always finds ways to make plays and he and Colin definitely have a connection. The plays he made in those conditions yesterday were all-pro level.
Among the salaries that figure to be unloaded, I'm not sure how much it will help pay for the stars we need to keep. Here are some names and either how much they're making now, or will make next year.

Potential releases:
Carlos Rogers ($6.25 million)
Jon Baldwin ($1.2 million)

Unlikely to be re-signed:
Manningham ($1.8 million)
Goodwin ($2.5 million)
Anthony Dixon ($630K)
Osgood ($~900K)
Colt McCoy ($650K)

Big Question Marks:
Whitner ($3.8 million)
Boldin ($6 million)
Tarell Brown ($925K)

----------------------------------

Where do they see the most value? This is a massively deep WR class now with all the underclassmen declaring. As much as I'd hate for Boldin to go, we may not be able to afford him. We made the Super Bowl without him before, and Crabtree did almost all the work in the first round this year. Does a year-older Boldin get re-signed for 6+ million? I think they want to, but how would we manage it?
OK. If Crabtree goes on to make some ridiculous catches and dominates the Super Bowl, I will agree with the title of this thread.

That's a big IF!

you haven't seen enough proof yet? cmon Bill. Crabtree makes Kap. Crabtree is one of the most clutch WRs on 3rd down i have ever seen. this is going on two years now.

My major concern isn't talent. He's already proved he's got loads of it. My concern is health. You've got to agree, it's a concern. He hasn't been able to stay on the field for a full season, other than last year.

Talent isn't the issue. Reliability is.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

That's a big IF!

My major concern isn't talent. He's already proved he's got loads of it. My concern is health. You've got to agree, it's a concern. He hasn't been able to stay on the field for a full season, other than last year.

Talent isn't the issue. Reliability is.

i get ya. consider how fast he came back tho too.

That's a big IF!

I wouldn't say Crabtree "makes" Kap, any QB is going to struggle when they lose their favorite Target and #1 WR.

That being said I'm 100% in favor of resigning Crabs, he is Mr. move the chains, pay the man.
I think healthy with kap he could put up 1600 yard season. he is that good
Priority #1 absolutely has to be keeping Crabtree and Kaepernick together. Crabtree is by far our most explosive and our most clutch player on that side of the ball. We have to find a way to keep him and Kaepernick. Our Super Bowl window slams shut if either one of them is allowed to leave.

That's a big IF!

It goes both ways. Crabtree makes Kap because Kap makes Crabtree. Under the other QB, Crabtree simply didn't get the opportunities he does now. Kap let's Crabs do his thing.
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
Anyway we can keep both Boldin and Crabs? I don't think so but hopefully Kap takes a little less to keep both guys around.

This this and more of this.
Share 49ersWebzone