LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't think we pay crabs "Whatever he wants" That''s a stupid idea/move to make. If we give him a 60M deal, that's not good for business. Maiocco reported he wants or will want 11-12M a year average wise. Thats a lot of money. Like Doc said, only 1 real good year out of him. Yeah he broke out with Kap as QB, but where was he when we had Alex. He wasn't doing s**t. Missed 1st 4 games of 09 due to holdout, also missed 3 years of preseason games, finally played in 2012 preseason. But he only produced once Kap took over. I am not on the Spend right now on Crabs. Tag him. I did a write up, and may do one again, we can keep the guys together. It may come to Iupati or Crabs. Plus Aldon and Kap aren't getting those ridiculous numbers everyone posted.

Kap is a 15M QB at best right now. His market would be 15-18M a year on average. We can't afford a flacco type deal. I got blasted for saying it was a terrible deal, just cause Ozzie Newsome is the GM in baltimore. You have to understand, they had to pay him that, or he could of left to go elsewhere. Now is he a 120M QB, hell no. Is Kap, hell no. I would give Kap a choice, 65M for 4 yrs or $80M for 6 yrs.

Aldon wise, I wouldn't touch him until he is clean. We could find a new pass rusher in the draft easily to play OLB. Brooks is staying, he is a solid vet, and all pro at times. I know this is about Crabs. But I wanted to clear stuff with people.

Here are 2 links to my site, on a few articles/blog posts.

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/09/29/colin-kaepernick-contract-value-for-extension/

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/09/29/list-of-players-who-have-their-base-salaries-guaranteed/

1st is a comparison of deals signed in past few years for top QBs, except Flacco, I refuse to compare that deal to any deal Kap would get.

The 2nd is what players have guaranteed salaries, and which dont. Meaning who could be cut for money, or who can't.

Note that some players cant restructure until Novemberm due to CBA rules. Plus guys like Bowman, Willis, Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, are all at lowest levels. Guys like Vernon, and Rogers cant redo until november since they helped out with NaVorro's signing.

Only option is Boldin and Whitner, but have no real leverage. Best at their spots. Playing really well. I highly doubt one or both will give up cash to get a Josh Freeman, who is owed over 6M still, or Britt, Gordon, etc.. No Phil Taylor, Kevin Williams, etc...

Go to OverTheCap.com, and look at salaries, base salaries that is, take that number, divide it by 17, and times by 13 or whatever weeks remain, and thats what's left on their base pay.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think crabs has the injury history bringing his value down, but the dire need for receivers going for him. its gonna be interesting how they handle this. I hope they bring him back but not at some ridiculous rate. we need better scouting for WRs and a shift in philosophy of drafting little guys. our division has huge corners and they are extremely physical. we need big bodied receivers with good hands and an aggressive attitude. we definitely need to draft a couple receivers in this draft and not the bargain bin type we have been drafting. we have plenty of picks. go get a homerun prospect not a wait and see wide receiver

He does have to come back from the torn Achilles.

Other than the current injury, his injuries do not seem to be all that serious.

Before this year, Crabtree missed one game because of injury.

He held out in his first year. He did play in 11 of 11 games when he signed.

From 2010 to 2012, he played in 47 of 48 games.
pay him in dicks
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
pay him in dicks

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Like Doc said, only 1 real good year out of him. Yeah he broke out with Kap as QB, but where was he when we had Alex. He wasn't doing s**t.

Really only 1/2 of one good year. I think what we're seeing with Boldin right now too is that Crabtree even wasn't that special with Kaep. We have a lot of tape on Boldin over the years, and he's a good, sure handed #2 receiver. He's also doing exactly what Crabs did. Basically, Crabs is worth on the open market what Boldin would be worth on the open market, which is about 6 million per year (which might even be generous). Someone is gonna overpay, but I don't think it will be us.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
We really need to keep Crabs. Our WR future is not encouraging.

Knee-jerk reactions dont improve teams. If he were 100% healthy and balling right now, perhaps. But NFL contracts arent guaranteed for a reason: injuries. The unfortunate reality is he may never be the player he was,...he has to actually perform on the field to earn a good contract. He has to do it all over again. Unfortunate for him, but reality.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think I wait until mid next season to later in the season before re-signing him if we do at all. I want to see how he comes back. Also, depends on if he wants 50-60 million or something reasonable like 5 years 35-40 mil or so. I don't know if we can trust him with a big contract.

Unfortunately for him, he got injured at the wrong time and has ZERO leverage. He has to be signed this offseason.
I don't think we pay crabs "Whatever he wants" That''s a stupid idea/move to make. If we give him a 60M deal, that's not good for business. Maiocco reported he wants or will want 11-12M a year average wise. Thats a lot of money. Like Doc said, only 1 real good year out of him. Yeah he broke out with Kap as QB, but where was he when we had Alex. He wasn't doing s**t. Missed 1st 4 games of 09 due to holdout, also missed 3 years of preseason games, finally played in 2012 preseason. But he only produced once Kap took over. I am not on the Spend right now on Crabs. Tag him. I did a write up, and may do one again, we can keep the guys together. It may come to Iupati or Crabs. Plus Aldon and Kap aren't getting those ridiculous numbers everyone posted.

Kap is a 15M QB at best right now. His market would be 15-18M a year on average. We can't afford a flacco type deal. I got blasted for saying it was a terrible deal, just cause Ozzie Newsome is the GM in baltimore. You have to understand, they had to pay him that, or he could of left to go elsewhere. Now is he a 120M QB, hell no. Is Kap, hell no. I would give Kap a choice, 65M for 4 yrs or $80M for 6 yrs.

Aldon wise, I wouldn't touch him until he is clean. We could find a new pass rusher in the draft easily to play OLB. Brooks is staying, he is a solid vet, and all pro at times. I know this is about Crabs. But I wanted to clear stuff with people.

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/09/29/colin-kaepernick-contract-value-for-extension/

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/09/29/list-of-players-who-have-their-base-salaries-guaranteed/

1st is a comparison of deals signed in past few years for top QBs, except Flacco, I refuse to compare that deal to any deal Kap would get.

The 2nd is what players have guaranteed salaries, and which dont. Meaning who could be cut for money, or who can't.

Note that some players cant restructure until Novemberm due to CBA rules. Plus guys like Bowman, Willis, Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, are all at lowest levels. Guys like Vernon, and Rogers cant redo until november since they helped out with NaVorro's signing.

Only option is Boldin and Whitner, but have no real leverage. Best at their spots. Playing really well. I highly doubt one or both will give up cash to get a Josh Freeman, who is owed over 6M still, or Britt, Gordon, etc.. No Phil Taylor, Kevin Williams, etc...

Go to OverTheCap.com, and look at salaries, base salaries that is, take that number, divide it by 17, and times by 13 or whatever weeks remain, and thats what's left on their base pay.

Neither is Kaep. Why would his market value be 15-18 million?

Hes played like Josh Freeman type money. Lots of mistakes, lots of potential, with flashes of brilliance.

I'm not even trying to troll but at this point it's starting to look like Crab elevated Kaeps play and not the other way around.

An argument could be made that Smith liked incorporating Davis into the offense more so Davis ate Crabs production.

This would be evidenced in Davis getting targeted 31 less times from 2012 to 2013 where Crabtree was targeted 12 more times.

Also Crabs lackluster seasons don't discount his 2012 season.

He went from playing college CB that will end up never playing another snap after school to play the worlds best.

He still increased his production every year, and his 2012 season was brilliant.

Any team that is interested in him will respect that.

I don't see why we wouldn't

I mean obviously he has to prove himself next year, but if he puts up the same numbers, and he dominates after the catch then in my mind he's worth more than 40mil. Not that I wouldn't mind paying him 40mil but I doubt he's going to want 40 mil.

He would be the #1 so he's going to want what other #1's are getting. (Bowe, Jennings,Wallace)

And I don't see anything wrong with that. If we don't pay him someone else will.

I think it would be smart business to lock up someone who is clearly very important to the offense.
Each game Crabs becomes worth more money. Extend him & get someone who can stretch the field.
Seriously, pay this man Baalke. Whatever it takes. He needs to be in red & gold for a long, long time.

Some of you are jumping the gun....he may not be the player he was before. Players regress on 2 fronts, mental or physical. We already saw what a year its been for Kap, some were saying 100 million after week 1, a bit foolish now. Might want to wait and see how Crabs is first.
Originally posted by iCameHere2LaughatU:
As a longtime Seahawks fan, this is lovely.

I HATE THE HAWKSSSSSSSSS
Originally posted by jreff22:
Some of you are jumping the gun....he may not be the player he was before. Players regress on 2 fronts, mental or physical. We already saw what a year its been for Kap, some were saying 100 million after week 1, a bit foolish now. Might want to wait and see how Crabs is first.

I agree with you in regards to this season. I don't expect much from him this year when he comes back. But by next season, his explosion should return.

You mean the same Alex Smith whose turned Dwayne Bowe into a 40 yard per game receiver. Not hating on Alex per se but he's just more comfortable dinking and dunking.

1,500 yards under Alex Smith in 2 years is pretty good production.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM ]
Meanwhile, Ted Ginn just scored what could be the winning TD against NE.
Share 49ersWebzone