LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want to see how that achilles looks before I give him a big contract extension. If he comes back like Kendall apparently has, I have no problem giving him a nice new contract.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by outside4949:
THIS times a million. Iupati is replaceable these other cats aren't. Iupatis reputation in bigger than his game. imo

At least Iupati is on the field.

Iupati might be the top LG in the league. Don't minimize his impact on the game.

Even the top G in the league isn't worth what a #1 receiver is. It is much easier to find guards than receivers of Crabtrees abilities.

So far the FO has had a hard time drafting OL outside of Kilgrore. Unless we want to burn another high pick on a OG....it will be a gamble. You remember the old days when the line really sucked? Do we want to force Kap to play with that s**t?
Originally posted by jreff22:
So far the FO has had a hard time drafting OL outside of Kilgrore. Unless we want to burn another high pick on a OG....it will be a gamble. You remember the old days when the line really sucked? Do we want to force Kap to play with that s**t?

Staley, Davis, and Boone? Poor Kaep.
Originally posted by eonblue:

Staley, Davis, and Boone? Poor Kaep.

One injury to them and we are f**ked. You take away the line and both Kap and the run game suffer. People complain now about them...it will only get worse.
One injury to them and we are f**ked. You take away the line and both Kap and the run game suffer. People complain now about them...it will only get worse.

Iupati is not a versatile Olinemen. If you were really concerned about injury you would probably want us to save some space for Boone's extension.

Boone can actually play more than one position.We are stacked at tackle with Davis, Boone, and Staley.

Tackle is honestly the only position that really matters on the line.

Granted. A good guard is nice to have when they can reliably block a DT one on one but if you don't have your edge's sealed then it all comes tumbling down.

We can survive with a semi-competent guard.

No ones complaining about them either. It's funny your so critical about "future" injuries when a current injury has killed the offenses passing production.

I guess it make's sense to plan for things that haven't happened yet over thing that we're currently dealing with.

• titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by titan:
I agree. But our trouble with Crabs is he really thinks he is that awesome. He held out before I'm sure he would jump all over free agency.

That was four years ago, let it go. Since the day he signed his contact (with a losing joke of a franchise) til now he had not shown any behavior to suggest that he's a problem. Always seems very humble.

We're lucky we got him. No other WRs were wanting to come here during those times... coaching, owners, QB, etc were pretty laughable (at best).

We are very lucky. Good skilled WR's don't come along often. There are plenty of fast guys, big guys, athletic guys, but there are not that many SKILLED WR's in the league.
Crabtree can make tough catches, get open, block, run after the catch, about as well as anyone.

I had nothing against him for holding up for more money. Just making a point money comes first for some players. Some players won't be satisfied with appreciation and winning. To feel that they are great and to justify their talent the $$$ must match what they feel they are worth in their head. So don't be surprise if we can't afford to sign all our FA.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I would pay at max 50 mil for him.

I would pay him 50 f**king million mothaf**king dollars too and if he wants 60, we ll then i would pay him that as well
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

I would pay him 50 f**king million mothaf**king dollars too and if he wants 60, we ll then i would pay him that as well

What if he wants an island... an island where fantasies come true... an island with two men in white suits (one is a dwarf) greeting you???
  • titan
  • Veteran

What if he wants an island... an island where fantasies come true... an island with two men in white suits (one is a dwarf) greeting you???

LMAO
I'm mixed on giving him Ft. Knox. In the one hand I just don't want to pay a guy how's had problems staying on the field and can be inconsistent with his hands at times. On the other hand he is a guy I don't think has a problem getting off the LOS, and given what we're going through at the WR position I cannot throw out paying Crabs his ransom as an option. That might be a little panicy but we have to get better play at the WR position. I know one thing, in next years draft I gotta believe WR is a position we're gonna target heavily.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think Crabtree will get a deal somewhere in between what Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace got. 5 years, $45 - 60 mil. That's just speculation on my part.

I would agree it will be between 5 years 45-60 million.

What I think is the right value: 5 years 40 Million
What I think he would want: 5 years, 55, 60 Million
What I think our top dollar would be: 5 years, 50 million
What I think the deal gets done at. 5 years, 45 million (High as 50, probably around 45-48)

Now that's if we decide to re-sign him. We could very well choose Iupati and the others over him. Keep in mind we can tag him in 2015 at around 10 mil and 2016 around 12 mil (20% increase for 2nd tag in a row I believe). At the worst if we can't reach a deal I tag him in 2015 so we have him for 2 more years. I think about 2016 but it depends if we can afford it or not and if he would hold out or not.
Matt Maiocco is still saying he doesn't think they'll be able to keep Crabtree. But then again, he was saying they wouldn't be able to keep Willis AND Bowman, yet they found a way to do it.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue

Tackle is honestly the only position that really matters on the line.

That is a joke, right.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
We really need to keep Crabs. Our WR future is not encouraging.

Whatever he wants !!!!

No thanks. That would be not smart.

Doing stuff like that would put us back in cap hell quickly.

Offer him a good contract but we do have to see how he plays after the Achilles.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:

LMAO

"Smiles every one, smiles...." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3w9AfC5Ms0
Share 49ersWebzone