There are 137 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Michael Crabtree has 2 years left on his deal. It appears that the 49ers want to spend a lot of money on their OL, and will be forced to pay CK a large amount of money as well. If you have an expensive OL and QB, you have to take money from somewhere. One possible location could be the skill location offensive positions like WR and RB. If the 49ers know that they can't pay Crabtee what he expects (and probably deserves), one other option is to trade him to another team that will pay him, while he still has a year on his contract. That way the 49ers get a good draft pick (my guess is a 2nd). You have to weigh, though, whether another year of Crabtree is more important than a high draft pick.
No I honestly think he will be back with the team once his contract is up. We have been receiver less since TO left and Crabs has emerged as a go to guy now. Can't see us letting him go. But that's just my opinion anyways
Its a sincere observation but more than likely the salary cap will go up a bit over the next two years. I trust this regime to work it out somehow. With how Crabtree has developed into our number one guy now, I think we will find a way to keep him.
I think they franchise him if they can't get a deal when his contract is up.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

The point I am trying to make is that they can't afford a top WR. If that is the case, they won't be able to afford to franchise him.
Originally posted by fryet:

The point I am trying to make is that they can't afford a top WR. If that is the case, they won't be able to afford to franchise him.
if we cant afford top players how the heck do we have all these top player on the roster ?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

if we cant afford top players how the heck do we have all these top player on the roster ?

Kaep is going to end up getting 15 to 20 million a year and we never had a QB taking up that much cap space. Right now we have a QB that doesn't make much money.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Its a sincere observation but more than likely the salary cap will go up a bit over the next two years. I trust this regime to work it out somehow. With how Crabtree has developed into our number one guy now, I think we will find a way to keep him.

The salary cap is essentially flat over the next two years, and likely longer. It's even artificially inflated right now to keep it level through taking out of the pension fund.
hey why you wanna get get rid of me lol
Originally posted by pd24:

Kaep is going to end up getting 15 to 20 million a year and we never had a QB taking up that much cap space. Right now we have a QB that doesn't make much money.

Let him walk if he wants crazy money

• dj43

Given his history, it should surprise no one if he refused to report if he was franchised.

This is a legitimate question. If they cannot trade him, they may have to settle for a comp pick when he walks.

He has become a solid NFL receiver but I doubt any other team would agree to a trade unless MC approves the deal. That fact will diminish his trade value, IMO. This is going to be interesting to watch in 2014.
NO NO NO NO NO … man i hope not ...
That would mean us drafting 2 receivers in next years draft. Cause boldin won't be around forever either
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
hey why you wanna get get rid of me lol

People thimk your ridiculously greedy, and have a dick for a agent lmao jk personally tho a good majority i included think your beast n wanna stay playing wit kaep!
Wouldn't surprise me. This regime replaces FAs with draft picks all the time. Look at Goldson, let him walk. Alex was replaced with Kaep and traded for picks. RJF and Ice both allowed to walk. I'm guessing there are even more instances that aren't coming to mind at the moment. Kaepernick is gonna need to get paid, Aldon will need to get paid, we have a lot of money tied up on defense already, and we will probably figure out a way to replace Crabtree with a younger guy IMO. We still have no idea what Jenkins can do.
Share 49ersWebzone