There are 165 users in the forums

Possible answer to 49ers 2 Wideout

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
All it takes is one more strike for Gordon to be kicked out the NFL. Too risky... Oh yeah Brandon Marshall was also traded for two 3rd round picks. Like I said No to a 2nd for Gordon.

Id probably rather have two thirds than a second.
Baldwin is our #2. We need a #3 since Kyle and Marlon Moore aren't doing anything
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Baldwin is our #2. We need a #3 since Kyle and Marlon Moore aren't doing anything

baldwin ain't doing s**t either? what has he been lighting it up or something? he has caught like 3 passes with us so far. seems like a lot of potential but i rather get a proven commodity.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

baldwin ain't doing s**t either? what has he been lighting it up or something? he has caught like 3 passes with us so far. seems like a lot of potential but i rather get a proven commodity.

That's why we get Gordon and have Baldwin son! Two big ass wide receivers who can go up and snag balls. Get er done Baalke!!
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Oct 7, 2013 at 3:03 PM ]
Crabtree, Gordon, Patton, and Baldwin sounds pretty damn good for next year.
But can be play defensive end?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

On Josh Gordon: #Browns owe it to themselves to answer the phone and listen. Any team would. Worked on Trent, may not get a 2nd for Gordon

why not just give them the second we getting from KC? its going to be a really low second the way the chiefs are playing anyways.
To me the solution seems simple:

Give the Browns a similar conditional pick to the one we got from the Chiefs. If Gordon stays out of trouble for the year and plays then they get a 2nd. If not, then they get a 3rd or a 4th.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

On Josh Gordon: #Browns owe it to themselves to answer the phone and listen. Any team would. Worked on Trent, may not get a 2nd for Gordon

why not just give them the second we getting from KC? its going to be a really low second the way the chiefs are playing anyways.
To me the solution seems simple:

Give the Browns a similar conditional pick to the one we got from the Chiefs. If Gordon stays out of trouble for the year and plays then they get a 2nd. If not, then they get a 3rd or a 4th.

Sounds like a plan. Pull the f**kin trigger Baalke
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yup and just let Marlon Moore go. Imagine having a receiving core of Gordon, Crabtree, Baldwin, Boldin, Manningham, and Patton.

And no qb to get them the ball
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yup and just let Marlon Moore go. Imagine having a receiving core of Gordon, Crabtree, Baldwin, Boldin, Manningham, and Patton.

And no qb to get them the ball

Trade Nadami and a 7th
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Multiple receivers are wasted on kap. He has 1 read on most plays and the play breaks down if not open
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't see us trading for anyone because of the following reasons:

1) We already traded for Baldwin, and he's in the process still (probably getting pretty close now) in getting completely caught up with our offense.

2) Manningham is expected back in the near future.

3) Crabtree is expected back later on.

4) They like Patton and he's developing.

None of the above matter if you are a Super Bowl contender. At this point, this very, very, very early point, one would expect the road to the Super Bowl to go through Seattle. The 49ers don't win in Seattle unless they get a lot better at WR and QB.

The offense is in the stone age (again). This will work against 75 - 80% of the teams in the league as long as the defense keeps playing as well as they do. But the Broncos exist. And I don't know that stone age can beat the Seahawks. They need a big tough, Dez Bryant-esque WRer who has speed and the ability to get up and get the ball in the red zone and fight off Seattle's DBs.

Manningham has historically been a number 3 receiver who they were going to cut - but he took a pay cut to stay with the team. His contract expires after this year. He signed with the 49ers under a modest deal late after there was not a ton of interest from other teams.

Crabtree's value has skyrocketed this year when you look at how much the passing offense has struggled without him. He's coming off a major injury and November is highly optimistic. He also could be gone after next year.

Baldwin is a failed pick who was traded for a failed pick. I hope he turns out OK. But I'm not banking on him as a #2 for a SB contender.

Patton is a rookie 4th rounder.

Gordon is a game changer, with elitle tangibles. This isn't 2008 anymore. We're not building for the future - we're trying to get back to the SB given a small window of opportunity we have before CK and Aldon and Crabs get paid big bucks.

Smart teams make these moves a year (or two) before they have to. To me, getting Gordon would be a smart move.

edit:

Andy Behrens just posted this on twitter and it is a good point.

Andy Behrens ‏@andybehrens4m
OK, you can't convince me that return of post-ACL Mario & post-Achilles Crabtree is reason to not trade for a healthy Josh Gordon. Good try
[ Edited by RKab on Oct 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Multiple receivers are wasted on kap. He has 1 read on most plays and the play breaks down if not open

Originally posted by RKab:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't see us trading for anyone because of the following reasons:

1) We already traded for Baldwin, and he's in the process still (probably getting pretty close now) in getting completely caught up with our offense.

2) Manningham is expected back in the near future.

3) Crabtree is expected back later on.

4) They like Patton and he's developing.

None of the above matter if you are a Super Bowl contender. At this point, this very, very, very early point, one would expect the road to the Super Bowl to go through Seattle. The 49ers don't win in Seattle unless they get a lot better at WR and QB.

The offense is in the stone age (again). This will work against 75 - 80% of the teams in the league as long as the defense keeps playing as well as they do. But the Broncos exist. And I don't know that stone age can beat the Seahawks. They need a big tough, Dez Bryant-esque WRer who has speed and the ability to get up and get the ball in the red zone and fight off Seattle's DBs.

Manningham has historically been a number 3 receiver who they were going to cut - but he took a pay cut to stay with the team. His contract expires after this year. He signed with the 49ers under a modest deal late after there was not a ton of interest from other teams.

Crabtree's value has skyrocketed this year when you look at how much the passing offense has struggled without him. He's coming off a major injury and November is highly optimistic. He also could be gone after next year.

Baldwin is a failed pick who was traded for a failed pick. I hope he turns out OK. But I'm not banking on him as a #2 for a SB contender.

Patton is a rookie 4th rounder.

Gordon is a game changer, with elitle tangibles. This isn't 2008 anymore. We're not building for the future - we're trying to get back to the SB given a small window of opportunity we have before CK and Aldon and Crabs get paid big bucks.

Smart teams make these moves a year (or two) before they have to. To me, getting Gordon would be a smart move.

exactly

Gordon would help us out immensely NOW! but would also be a trade that could set us up long term with Boldin and Manningham becoming free agents after the season
Share 49ersWebzone