LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Possible answer to 49ers 2 Wideout

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'd like to see Baldwin, Moore, and Patton get a legitimate shot before we say that the #2 we need is not on this time. 10-12 snaps a game isn't going to cut it. Kyle Williams on the other hand has shown he is not the guy.
Josh Gordon should already be on a plane to SF. The team needs help now. Even with him, it will take time to mesh but they got get some help in the WR corps. Williams is out of position at the #2, and who knows how long it will take to get Manningham and Crabs back.

And remember, Boldin is a FA, he is free to go wherever he wants. Manningham and KW are not likely to be back so really it would only be Crabs, Gordon, Patton, and Baldwin. I would also prefer having Gordon on his rookie contract than having to pay to re-sign and aging Boldin, even though he has been great.
How is Kyle Williams still on this team?
Trade for him, we dont have time to wait for these other receivers to come into their own.
My guess is the Browns are putting players out there to see what they can get but aren't just going to give them away like a fire sale. They probably want a 1st or 2nd and change for him and doubt we would do that. A 3rd I think we would do. Maybe our late 2nd but not a 2nd and mid round pick or 1st. Little isn't really worth trading for unless it's for a 6th or 7th and the Browns won't do that. I'm sure we inquired or did our home work but I'm sure it won't happen. We are stuck with what we have. Not a lot of trades happen during the season in the nfl. Also, nobody is giving up on the season yet. Would have better luck towards the deadline mid way through the season (I think week 8) but by then should have Manningham and Crabtree should be on the way.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
My guess is the Browns are putting players out there to see what they can get but aren't just going to give them away like a fire sale. They probably want a 1st or 2nd and change for him and doubt we would do that. A 3rd I think we would do. Maybe our late 2nd but not a 2nd and mid round pick or 1st. Little isn't really worth trading for unless it's for a 6th or 7th and the Browns won't do that. I'm sure we inquired or did our home work but I'm sure it won't happen. We are stuck with what we have. Not a lot of trades happen during the season in the nfl. Also, nobody is giving up on the season yet. Would have better luck towards the deadline mid way through the season (I think week 8) but by then should have Manningham and Crabtree should be on the way.

This. Browns have had offers for both Gordon and Little and turned them down because they reportedly weren't enough. I'm guessing they are looking for a team to give them a 1st rounder or a 2nd and maybe 4th rounder for Gordon, which I don't think is worth it. He's up for a 1 year suspension if he fails one more drug test, it's a lot of risk for any team.
So it has been speculated that the Browns are listening to offers on everyone. I know we need WR help and a lot of the webzone wants WR Josh Gordon. I am not a supporter of his, due to his problems.

The 49ers should go after either NT Ahtyba Rubin or NT Phillip Taylor. It would be an under the radar move, but it would pay major dividends for us. We have the draft picks and we need a True NT.

Thoughts?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k the browns we already got too many of them losers.
Rubin is a solid player. Gordon is exactly the kind of receiver we need, but we don't need another player with drug abuse issues.
Can't afford either of those guys. Only have about 1.6M in cap room.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Bummer. Doubt we would make a move anyhow. I get the feeling we just have to weather the storm and wait for guys to come back.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Yeah. Maybe a third could get him?

Reportedly Browns have already been offered that, they are looking for a 1st rounder supposedly.

LOL not happening for a player that's one failed drug test from missing a whole yr, take a 3rd and be happy

Yeah I brought up Rubin but totally wasn't aware he was making 6 mil a year. We'd have to trade someone making like 5 or so to make that move work. As for Taylor pretty sure he's making around 1 mil so he is possible but again I think Browns were just seeing what they could get and unless they got a really high pick for Gordon, Taylor, Rubin and Sheard doubt they will move them. They got a lot of team's fans hopes up but it's not happening. They aren't giving away players.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Yeah I brought up Rubin but totally wasn't aware he was making 6 mil a year. We'd have to trade someone making like 5 or so to make that move work. As for Taylor pretty sure he's making around 1 mil so he is possible but again I think Browns were just seeing what they could get and unless they got a really high pick for Gordon, Taylor, Rubin and Sheard doubt they will move them. They got a lot of team's fans hopes up but it's not happening. They aren't giving away players.

Kaepernick for Rubin...oh, wait...
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
LOL not happening for a player that's one failed drug test from missing a whole yr, take a 3rd and be happy

Browns won't trade him then, they aren't desperate, this isn't a fire sale, but they are hoping someone else is desperate and will allow them to rack up even more picks in a loaded draft.
Share 49ersWebzone