There are 156 users in the forums

Possible answer to 49ers 2 Wideout

Shop 49ers game tickets
With Cleveland obliviously going into rebuild mode.. 49ers have more then enough picks to share. Why not trade for Josh Gordon.. He may have just came off a suspension for drugs but im sure he is not will to throw away a promising career. Gordon is a big deep threat to stretch the field and still on a rookie contract.
I'm in!
Lets trade rape the browns
I would LOVE that
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I am open to it, but I don't want it to eat up too much of our draft ammo cos I am sure we will go after WRs big time in the next draft, not to mention corner and safety. We might just need every single draft pick we have in order to trade up to get the prospects we want. Unless we become desperate at the position as the season goes on, then sure. I just feel like Kap has yet to explore anyone else apart from Anquan and Vernon.
I wonder what they'd want for Joe Haden.
Originally posted by Rascal:
I am open to it, but I don't want it to eat up too much of our draft ammo cos I am sure we will go after WRs big time in the next draft, not to mention corner and safety. We might just need every single draft pick we have in order to trade up to get the prospects we want. Unless we become desperate at the position as the season goes on, then sure. I just feel like Kap has yet to explore anyone else apart from Anquan and Vernon.

None of the WR that have a chance at actually touching the field regularly can stretch the field and open it up for Anquan or Vernon. Josh Gordon is an big play threat every play thats not a run. None of the WR on our team is more dangerous than him, maybe Vernon Davis and thats a big maybe. 49ers couldnt stretch the field on the Seahawks so safeties could play closer to the line. Josh Gordon has showed what he can do in the league, the draft is just hoping we find the gem that can.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeHubb:

None of the WR that have a chance at actually touching the field regularly can stretch the field and open it up for Anquan or Vernon. Josh Gordon is an big play threat every play thats not a run. None of the WR on our team is more dangerous than him, maybe Vernon Davis and thats a big maybe. 49ers couldnt stretch the field on the Seahawks so safeties could play closer to the line. Josh Gordon has showed what he can do in the league, the draft is just hoping we find the gem that can.

OK, how much would you fork out for him then ? Even if they want to get rid of Weeden, they will still need to have some weapons for the new QB, I am just not sure whether they will be happy to wipe the slate completely clean.
The Browns like him so it won't happen.
[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Sep 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM ]
OK, how much would you fork out for him then ? Even if they want to get rid of Weeden, they will still need to have some weapons for the new QB, I am just not sure whether they will be happy to wipe the slate completely clean.

4th or 5th. He has 3 years left on his contract and he's a stud. A blue chip if I've ever seen one.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
The Browns like him so it won't happen.

Are you a Browns fan?

• buck
  • Veteran
Trading for Josh Gordon would be a mistake in my humble opinion.
Maybe a huge mistake.

Cleveland Browns' Josh Gordon confirms he faces year's suspension by NFL if there's another failed drug test

Cleveland.com reported in June that Gordon, who was suspended two games for a positive codeine test that he said was in his cough syrup prescription, faced a year's suspension with another failed test. In that case, he'd have to apply for reinstatement from Commissioner Roger Goodell.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/cleveland_browns_josh_gordon_n.html
Trade them our whole receiving corps except Quinton Patton, Boldin and Crabtree.
Either that, or convince the Raiders to give us Rod Streater for something. The kid has hands of glue and always gets open. I think he would be perfect for the team, I wanted him in Red and Gold so bad after I heard he went undrafted. The kid is going to be a stud.
Originally posted by eonblue:

4th or 5th. He has 3 years left on his contract and he's a stud. A blue chip if I've ever seen one.

I think a 3rd or

a 4th plus a player (Baldwin, Kyle Williams, )
I don't see us trading for anyone because of the following reasons:

1) We already traded for Baldwin, and he's in the process still (probably getting pretty close now) in getting completely caught up with our offense.

2) Manningham is expected back in the near future.

3) Crabtree is expected back later on.

4) They like Patton and he's developing.
Share 49ersWebzone