LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Colts trade for Trent Richardson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Woulnt have minded offering Lattimore and a 2nd for T-Rich. A 1 is a steep price to pay for a RB. Looks like we got the better of the KC deal for sure. Possible 2 second rounders. Wow
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
couldn't they have easily made this trade after this season?? It's almost like they've given up already and are willing to tank for a better draft.

It does seem that way. Who knows, maybe they think that a late 1st (which is what we'd expect from the Colts) is the best return they could get, so they pulled the trigger.

What's interesting is their division doesn't seem to be any good, meaning they have at least a remote chance of making the playoffs, then they go and ship one of their best players off...

Browns being Browns
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
My stepfather is a huge browns fan and he believes trent sucked. So im thinking the browns won this trade based on getting a first rounder

Anytime you can get a No. 1 pick for a RB you have succeeded. They were dumb to draft him at No. 3 to begin with. RBs are a dime a dozen, especially in a pass first league.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
couldn't they have easily made this trade after this season?? It's almost like they've given up already and are willing to tank for a better draft.

The Colts were desperate for an all-purpose, young RB. They want to win this year. No way anyone trades a No. 1 pick after the season.
I know that if we were gonna make any inseason trades it better be for a wr but god Trent would look sexy in red and gold behind our line. Colts just got their marshawn ..
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I know that if we were gonna make any inseason trades it better be for a wr but god Trent would look sexy in red and gold behind our line. Colts just got their marshawn ..

without legal troubles and much younger...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Yup. Our wr core commands zero respect so we can expect to see lots of 8 man fronts . Trent or marshawn would be the type of back needed to make any impact . We've needed a power back for years but pretty much went small and whiffed on Dix and Brandon Marshall

Yup. Our wr core commands zero respect so we can expect to see lots of 8 man fronts . Trent or marshawn would be the type of back needed to make any impact . We've needed a power back for years but pretty much went small and whiffed on Dix and Brandon Marshall

Brandon Jacobs?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
The latest is that Trent will play against the 49ers. If I were the 49ers, I would tend to blitz with him in the lineup. Chances are he won't know their blitz pickup well.
Originally posted by fryet:
The latest is that Trent will play against the 49ers. If I were the 49ers, I would tend to blitz with him in the lineup. Chances are he won't know their blitz pickup well.

Totally agree... I wouldn't be surprised to see him come off the field on 3rd down to reduce the liability in pass protection

• fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:

Totally agree... I wouldn't be surprised to see him come off the field on 3rd down to reduce the liability in pass protection

Yes, but even on early downs, if you blitz, you are less worried about them passing with him on the field. Do a run blitz, and if it is a pass play, you still have an extra rusher.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

By trading RB Trent Richardson to Indianapolis, Browns now have two picks in 2014 draft in rounds 1, 3, 4. QB of future on the way...

lol is this cause weed is like 30 now and they need a younger franchise Qb. To be honest, I get it the new guys didn't really like him I take it, but when he's healthy he's a special player. Would have traded Gore for him no doubt.
I'm worried about Ahmad Bradshaw.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Ouch! Thats sad.
Damn who will carry browns fans to victory now?
Share 49ersWebzone