There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colts trade for Trent Richardson

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How does this make sense for the Browns? Why? They just drafted him real high? He was productive and pretty good. Give up on him this fast? Why?

I don't really know if the next draft is super talented but this seems like a pretty dumb trade
Makes little sense from the Browns side. They are rebuilding sure...but that is the kind of young talented guy you build around. Seems like the coach has a huge ego and wants "his type of player".

well, seems like there is a culture change in the NFL

teams are moving away from the running game and more into an option, throwing league.

Look at vikings 0-2 compared to rest of that division.

The Browns shouldnt have drafted him, but getting a 1st round pick for him was good.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
No way would I trade a 1st pick for any RB. See Frank Gore 3rd round. Colts are morons IMO, Alfred Morris 6th round. And your damn right I would trade away any RB for a 1st round pick.

Agreed.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
How many of those have played for the niners?

More than I would be happy to admit.
Still can't believe the Browns made this trade within their own Conference, what are they thinking? I was under the impression that Richardson had a pretty darn good year last season considering it was with the Browns.
lol browns lol
I think the Browns realize you cannot succeed without a franchise qb. By getting two first round picks they are increasing their odds to land a qb in round 1.
This is the way you tank a season to get a high draft pick. Anyone who ever questions if a team would actually do this needs to reference this trade.
Good trade for both teams.
Love this comment
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/18/colts-trade-first-round-pick-for-trent-richardson/

"Inspired by the popularity of the 49ers Pistol offense, Chip Kelly's No Huddle offense, and variations of the Spread offense around the league, the Cleveland Browns bucked the trend and are setting their own standard.

It will be called the No Offense. Cuts down on team costs because you don't have high priced necessities like quarterbacks, wide receivers or running backs sapping away salary cap dollars. Instead you can focus on hard nosed, old school defense to win games, and only use your offense to kill clock time. Let the other team throw the game away. Its brilliant."
Is probably not a bad trade for both sides, especially for the Colts. But, if I was a Browns fan I would be pis*ed to see your team basically give up the season after 2 games. The thing is you have a new managment and coaching staff, is almost only natural they want to make moves that they can take full ownership on.
Maybe this is the rare trade that turns out to be bad for both teams. Browns tank the season for a future that is dubious and Colts get a quick RB fix but suffer long term because they overpay with a first round pick for just a good RB.
The Browns are pathetic and the Colts got away with murder. They're sitting there with a 1st overall and a 3rd overall in the same backfield. And sure, Trent is a b***h. Gee, he didn't like losing and wasn't happy. Too fricking bad, prima donna! That's the way the NFL works. Good players get drafted high by bad teams. Man up and play. I can't believe the Browns were so weak and pathetic that they just unloaded him because he had a bad attitude.
Haha the one star the browns have and they give him up? If you ask anyone on the streets one player they know on the browns, it would be trent richardson. At least that's all I know of
Originally posted by leon49:
Love this comment
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/18/colts-trade-first-round-pick-for-trent-richardson/

"Inspired by the popularity of the 49ers Pistol offense, Chip Kelly's No Huddle offense, and variations of the Spread offense around the league, the Cleveland Browns bucked the trend and are setting their own standard.

It will be called the No Offense. Cuts down on team costs because you don't have high priced necessities like quarterbacks, wide receivers or running backs sapping away salary cap dollars. Instead you can focus on hard nosed, old school defense to win games, and only use your offense to kill clock time. Let the other team throw the game away. Its brilliant."

lol. That's pretty good. It also gives me another opportunity to show this:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
No way would I trade a 1st pick for any RB. See Frank Gore 3rd round. Colts are morons IMO, Alfred Morris 6th round. And your damn right I would trade away any RB for a 1st round pick.

Really? If you were the Vikings you would deal Peterson to say to a playoff team and get maybe the 30th pick?

Sure I said, I would trade any RB for a 1st round pick, but lets be reasonable, trading Peterson would go to the highest bidder. Did I say I would just give a RB away?