There are 14 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colts trade for Trent Richardson

Originally posted by Kolohe:
No way would I trade a 1st pick for any RB. See Frank Gore 3rd round. Colts are morons IMO, Alfred Morris 6th round. And your damn right I would trade away any RB for a 1st round pick.

Chances are slim to nil finding anyone midseason. They too lost their back this week (Ballard).
Holy hell... are the Bengals going to trade AJ Green to them next? This could set Indy up for a long time.
How does this make sense for the Browns? Why? They just drafted him real high? He was productive and pretty good. Give up on him this fast? Why?

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How does this make sense for the Browns? Why? They just drafted him real high? He was productive and pretty good. Give up on him this fast? Why?

Pretty much know they're already starting over.
Originally posted by Overkill:
I would feel bad for Browns fans if I gave a sh*t about anyone in Cleveland. Its not like Trent's an all-star, but damn that must be one depressing franchise to follow.

I went to Canton a few weeks before the draft and met a bunch of really cool Browns fans. Everyone I spoke to wanted them to grab Richardson with that first pick and wanted to add another weapon for Colt. Everyone of them said they appreciated the way the Niners played football in the Harbaugh era. I feel pretty bad for those dudes

yeah they said "he doesn't fit" b******t he's the only one putting people in the seats

I don't really know if the next draft is super talented but this seems like a pretty dumb trade
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by Disp:
What a weird trade. Richardson is a decent back, but nothing particularly special. Why the Browns would trade him after 1 reasonably productive season is beyond me, and why the Colts would trade a first for him is beyond me too. I think the Colts got a pretty crappy deal in this. How many backs that are as good or better than Richardson, and less injury prone, come out of round 3 and later? Quite a few.

This! What made him worth giving up a first for?
The season ending injury to Ballard and the assortment of garbage behind him made them buyers...price seems fair to me. maybe a slight over pay. He was an early first rounder who has under achieved a little bit on a horrible team..traded for what is likely a mid to late first rounder a year later. The Colts now have a young QB,RB and WR who can all grow together. I doubt he will make a big difference this week....but this will pay dividends very soon
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

I don't really know if the next draft is super talented but this seems like a pretty dumb trade
Makes little sense from the Browns side. They are rebuilding sure...but that is the kind of young talented guy you build around. Seems like the coach has a huge ego and wants "his type of player".
Browns gonna brown....
No way would I trade a 1st pick for any RB. See Frank Gore 3rd round. Colts are morons IMO, Alfred Morris 6th round. And your damn right I would trade away any RB for a 1st round pick.

Really? If you were the Vikings you would deal Peterson to say to a playoff team and get maybe the 30th pick?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Really? If you were the Vikings you would deal Peterson to say to a playoff team and get maybe the 30th pick?

I think the Colts got the better deal. Was he not like top 5? And they will probably get the 20th pick or something? What? Why? Browns are so dumb....
we shoulda traded them dixon for a 2nd if theyd give a 1st for an RB
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I think the Colts got the better deal. Was he not like top 5? And they will probably get the 20th pick or something? What? Why? Browns are so dumb....

3rd over all I believe.
And there's your BOOM!!!