LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Colts trade for Trent Richardson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

How many of those have played for the niners?

I count 5 of them.

Detmer, Garcia, Dilfer, Dorsey, McCoy. (Wallace doesn't count)
Originally posted by Disp:
What a weird trade. Richardson is a decent back, but nothing particularly special. Why the Browns would trade him after 1 reasonably productive season is beyond me, and why the Colts would trade a first for him is beyond me too. I think the Colts got a pretty crappy deal in this. How many backs that are as good or better than Richardson, and less injury prone, come out of round 3 and later? Quite a few.

This! What made him worth giving up a first for?
Originally posted by YungAce:
Brown's got hosed but at least they'll end up with either Clowney or Bridgewater. They should've received another 3rd

Im with you here. They should have gotten a little more. Trent was #3 over all two years ago, no way that the Colts would be picking that high. First and a Third or a Fourth, just to dump him for a late first doesnt seem to make a hell of a lot of sense. But with this, the Browns are done, they were bad before, now worse. 2-14 if they are lucky, but that may be the plan. High first with their pick (qb), then a wr with the Colts pick. Makes sense I guess, but if I were a Browns fan, I'd be angry as hell.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Browns source says Richardson just wasn't a great fit, so getting a 1 was great value. Cleveland now has 2 1's, a 2, 2 3's and 2 4's in '14.

It is funny how some in the "media" are questioning the Brown long term plans...

Based on this move it seems like the Browns realize they are going to need a new QB and a lot more to compete.

There future plan is clear, build through the draft. Getting a first in return is a good move.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

that's f**king depressing

lol i'm glad we're finally done with that.

our post steve young list is just as.... ....... with some of the same names......
Baalke should call Browns and see what they want for WR Josh Gordon
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
f**ks sake we're gonna lose on Sunday

F**ks sake i hope you are joking.
Fire sale after week 2. Got to love Cleveland.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Took a look at Trent's numbers in my workbook, he will have a dead money hit of $3,335,250 for 2013, savings of $1.321M, but take a cap hit of $6,670,500 in 2014. He was to make $5,587,250 in cap next year.

Wonder why they would do this. Last checked on NFLPA site, they had $24.2M in cap room right now. And they must spend 90% of the cap, There at $113,408,437 right now before the trade. However they carried over $14M, so they may be at the 90% limit, which is based off of the $123M cap, not adjusted cap. Which is 123M + 14.2M.

They are also signing Mcgahee. Although that can't cost much.

Better put a link in before I get hounded.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000246848/article/willis-mcgahee-to-sign-with-browns-pending-physical
[ Edited by dwett on Sep 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM ]
Lets offer a 7th for Haden while theyre having a fire sale!

Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

By trading RB Trent Richardson to Indianapolis, Browns now have two picks in 2014 draft in rounds 1, 3, 4. QB of future on the way...

hopefully they draft a Qb under the age of 40 this time
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No way would I trade a 1st pick for any RB. See Frank Gore 3rd round. Colts are morons IMO, Alfred Morris 6th round. And your damn right I would trade away any RB for a 1st round pick.
Wow, one season and their 3rd overall pick is already gone for what will likely be a pick in the 20s. That franchise is a total mess.

I want to feel sorry for their fans, but when I visited one of their forums before the game we played in 2011 the tone of it was like this:

"OMG WE'RE PLAYING THE TEAM FROM THE GAY AREA. YOUR TEAM IS FULL OF GAYS BECAUSE SAN FRANCISCO IS ALL GAY! WHAT A BUNCH OF f*gGS!! YOU'RE FROM SAN FRANCISCO WHICH MEANS YOU'RE GAY!! GAY GAY GAY GAY GAYYY!!!!"

That's really all they talked about, I'm not even kidding, with pictures of rainbows and everything. I laughed at their ignorance and kind of lost all concern in anything Cleveland after that lol.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
No way would I trade a 1st pick for any RB. See Frank Gore 3rd round. Colts are morons IMO, Alfred Morris 6th round. And your damn right I would trade away any RB for a 1st round pick.

Chances are slim to nil finding anyone midseason. They too lost their back this week (Ballard).
Holy hell... are the Bengals going to trade AJ Green to them next? This could set Indy up for a long time.
Share 49ersWebzone