There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Built in noise cancelling helmet headsets for all offensive players?

Taking away home field advantage is, in other words, taking the fans out of the game.

Kiss of death to the sport.
  • titan
  • Veteran
How about a confined space headset so we know if the guy on the bottom of the scrum is ok?!
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
With Kaep calling the plays from his outfitted headset mic?

I'm guessing the league would say NO -- against the rules.

But effective communication is the key to victory in any war and if Clink can effectively eff that up -- we should be able to counter with technology.

And plus that place was deafening noise cancelling would be beneficial to one's health. I wouldn't be surprised if players start to sue the league for hearing loss later down the line.

Thought about this all day. Lawsuits are coming. Expect them from fans too.

I'm guessing that they are covered with fans. Not an attorney by any means but those tickets have some disclaimers and I bet somewhere they have something about noise
good god, why the heck is this embarassing thread opened yet? Should we start playing indoor just to be fair to the teams from the south who see snow and rain once a year? should we forbid Peyton Manning-like talent?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Taking away home field advantage is, in other words, taking the fans out of the game.

This is a strawman argument. Reducing sound would not take away home field advantage. It would restore the balance that used to exist in the sport. Players would still have an advantage playing at home.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
good god, why the heck is this embarassing thread opened yet? Should we start playing indoor just to be fair to the teams from the south who see snow and rain once a year? should we forbid Peyton Manning-like talent?

Please explain how a thread on a message board causes you to be embarrassed.
Originally posted by fryet:
Please explain how a thread on a message board causes you to be embarrassed.
Because this thread, like the 10,000 similar thread in this section, are based on crying around about the noise in Seattle (and some other stadiums). We know about that issue for years.
Just don't allow fans in the games anymore. What's the point of getting loud on defense if its pointless? People get loud just for this reason to make it so away teams are at a disadvantage. Take that away and I the game loses something.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Only golf claps!!!!! Lol
Screw that! Give Seattle fans props for showing up and being great fans...one of the few areas where fans can be part of the team, why take that away. We need to show up and be loud too. Stop complaining because Seattle fans are too loud.

I totally agree. But I think the league is gonna have to loosen up on the rules here. There are a lot of loud stadiums, but Seattle is ridiculously loud. No team should have that type of competitive advantage where an opposing teams offense cannot communicate more than 3 feet away from the QB. Hand signals have their limitations. At some point players have to be able to hear (like tackles, TE's, slot players, and WR's). The Seabuzzards are a completely different team when they don't have the benefit of their home noise, and it shows in their game strategy. Their remaining away games are Houston, Indy, Cards, Rams, Atlanta, 49ers, and Giants. I see them winning - maybe - two road games (and I don't them winning against NO at home).

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the fans. They should be as loud as they can get. But I do think that the league should really tweak the rules to equalize the competition for visiting offenses going to cities like Seattle. I admit that I'm not sure how the rules should be tweaked but I'm not in favor of penalizing the home team. I just don't like the idea of taking the fans out the game. But in my mind no team should have that type of home field advantage. Teams, even the best ones, or almost guaranteed a loss going up there. It's not good for the league when teams are nearly guaranteed a loss.

That's my take anyway
Originally posted by jreff22:
would anybody be complaining about this if we had a stadium like that?

But we don't -- and excluding the doomed teams -- neither do the 31 other teams which comprise
the NFL. However, to honestly answer your question ... well you already know the answer is NO.
f**king brilliant idea.

I'd save it for a play-off game in Seattle. No rules against it...so if you just do it, then you can always say sorry after. Only rule that I'm aware of at this time is that you can't have your players get it in a headset directly from another player..but noise cancellation? Pretty sure that's not listed.
As a fan of the game, which includes all of its quirks and advantages/disadvantages for ANY team...

I'm embarrassed for you guys.

Plenty of teams have beaten Seattle at home over the years.
Give credit where its due and move on, FFS.

Just sad, but don't worry... I've already called the WAAAAAmbulance.