There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bigger,Faster,Stronger and Younger

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
So, wait a minute let me try to understand what you are saying. So, the fact Harbaugh relies a lot of pre-snap adjustments is Seattle's fault ?

If we had lost by a few points I would give you the benefit of doubt, but not in a consecutive blowout.

Let's hope you are right and I am wrong and we win the home game. Right now ? I just have a huge question mark on where we stand against them.

Make up you mind. Earlier you said they were a better team. Now, you have a huge question mark about what team is better.

Those are two contradictory states--both can not be true.
Originally posted by buck:
So, wait a minute let me try to understand what you are saying. So, the fact Harbaugh relies a lot of pre-snap adjustments is Seattle's fault ?

If we had lost by a few points I would give you the benefit of doubt, but not in a consecutive blowout.

Let's hope you are right and I am wrong and we win the home game. Right now ? I just have a huge question mark on where we stand against them.

Make up you mind. Earlier you said they were a better team. Now, you have a huge question mark about what team is better.

Every. Damn. Time. With. Rascal.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
Its that simple. the Seahawks are waaaay more physical than us period.
Seattle played a great game. Congrats to them, this was a great home win for them.

Yep. That's what I have been saying for a while.

Apart from being bigger, faster and stronger, if I may I would like to add younger too.

In essence, they are just a better version of the 9ers.

If you believe that, you don't know football. The 12th Man won this game.

If you believe it was only the noise and their fans, then you are in denial. I hate the Seahawks too, but you got to recognize what is going on here. Honestly, I think there is a good chance they may beat us at the Stick. Their team has grown, matured and are gradually moving into their prime. In both games, they have totally more than matched-up with any phase of our game and personnel. I just can't sit here and look at myself and say it didn't happen.

Yes, they are a good team. That is not a secret.

But the 49ers offense under Harbaugh & Roman makes its money off of pre-snap adjustments at the line, audibling into the second play called in the huddle (KILL KILL KILL!), and executing motion before the snap to create mismatches.

The 49ers CANNOT DO THAT CONSISTENTLY in an environment like Seattle. They simply can't hear all the calls. It simplifies the entire offense and makes us look very vanilla.

It's pretty damn simple. I don't know why fans can't see that after watching this team for two years in this offense. Yes, Seattle is good, but I think we beat them at Candlestick 8 times out of 10 if everyone is healthy.

But yea, Seattle is good. I'm just not gonna worry until they either blow us out at home or we have to play them in Seattle in the playoffs. It is what it is.

So, you are saying it was the pre-snap adjustments that got us blown out ? I would agree the pre-snap adjustments didn't help with getting the plays off, that much I would agree, but to get blown out because of it ? No. We have consistently been blown out twice now.

Well, let's see what happens in the home game in December then. So far everything that has happened in this game and the last game has pretty much been totally consistent. Getting blown out, dominated and ended up with a truckload of injuries. I am of the belief this could well happen at the Stick. If I am wrong, let me be wrong and I hope I am wrong too for the sake of the 9ers.

Yes, consistently blown out twice... IN SEATTLE.

How can you look at our offense over the past two years and just say, "Oh, it's just cause we're more talented." Harbaugh & Roman's offense RELIES on pre-snap adjustments. Every single damn play. KILL KILL KILL! When we can't do that, we lose.

I guarantee you... same two teams play on this night and we win. Easily.

I'm not saying the 49ers couldn't have prepared better, but I don't think Seattle is the better team. I think their stadium gives them a HUGE advantage though, hence why almost no one beats them at home.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Sep 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Seattle played a great game. Congrats to them, this was a great home win for them.

Apart from being bigger, faster and stronger, if I may I would like to add younger too.

Oh come on now. No one should be saying that yet. They have the most epic home field advantage ever. They barely beat an 0-2 team last week. The 12th man is only allowed to play in 8 of their games.

^^^well said!!! s**t we have a lot more games left, seattle wont have no 12th man at the stick come rematch. And there are many games in between!
Goniners!
Great win for seattle, s**tty for us but we are just getting started on the season! Now ray mac! Ian, vd, e reid! Those injuries are what im concerned about...... Whats the damage???
I will say in this game they looked just that - they over-matched us at every level.

What happens when they get Irvin, Clemons, and Browner back???

OL - SEA created enough holes for Marshawn to run up the middle, 9ers did chase RW a bit and sacked him a few times though. SF OL Gore was stuffed, Kap was chased

RB - Lynch ran better than our starter Gore, Turbin played, where was Hunter, besides caught behind the line once?

WR - They had a few long balls, we had NONE.

TE - Neither side did much, VD had a couple of catches, McDonald crushed Sherman , but also got a PF.

QB - RW outplayed CK tonight

DL - SEA stuffed the 9ers runs and harassed CK, SF DL did okay, but was giving up 3-5 yard runs consistently.

LBs - 9ers LBs played pretty well, edge SF

DBs - SEA smothered SF, SF did okay except for a couple of WIDE OPEN receivers and the Lynch touchdown (which was really a LB blown coverage)

ST - SEA had better returns than SF

So in every facet except LB, SEA looked to have enough of an edge to look dominant TONIGHT.

If you believe it was only the noise and their fans, then you are in denial. I hate the Seahawks too, but you got to recognize what is going on here. Honestly, I think there is a good chance they may beat us at the Stick. Their team has grown, matured and are gradually moving into their prime. In both games, they have totally more than matched-up with any phase of our game and personnel. I just can't sit here and look at myself and say it didn't happen.

But the 49ers offense under Harbaugh & Roman makes its money off of pre-snap adjustments at the line, audibling into the second play called in the huddle (KILL KILL KILL!), and executing motion before the snap to create mismatches.

The 49ers CANNOT DO THAT CONSISTENTLY in an environment like Seattle. They simply can't hear all the calls. It simplifies the entire offense and makes us look very vanilla.

It's pretty damn simple. I don't know why fans can't see that after watching this team for two years in this offense. Yes, Seattle is good, but I think we beat them at Candlestick 8 times out of 10 if everyone is healthy.

But yea, Seattle is good. I'm just not gonna worry until they either blow us out at home or we have to play them in Seattle in the playoffs. It is what it is.

So, you are saying it was the pre-snap adjustments that got us blown out ? I would agree the pre-snap adjustments didn't help with getting the plays off, that much I would agree, but to get blown out because of it ? No. We have consistently been blown out twice now.

Well, let's see what happens in the home game in December then. So far everything that has happened in this game and the last game has pretty much been totally consistent. Getting blown out, dominated and ended up with a truckload of injuries. I am of the belief this could well happen at the Stick. If I am wrong, let me be wrong and I hope I am wrong too for the sake of the 9ers.

How can you look at our offense over the past two years and just say, "Oh, it's just cause we're more talented." Harbaugh & Roman's offense RELIES on pre-snap adjustments. Every single damn play. KILL KILL KILL! When we can't do that, we lose.

I'm not saying the 49ers couldn't have prepared better, but I don't think Seattle is the better team. I think their stadium gives them a HUGE advantage though, hence why almost no one beats them at home.

Their stadium is insane for crowd noise!!! Let peyton or brady lose there couple times they will make them quiet it down lmao
Originally posted by frankie:

Their stadium is insane for crowd noise!!! Let peyton or brady lose there couple times they will make them quiet it down lmao

Brady DID lose there last year.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Sep 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM ]

This was one game. Seattle played better than we did. There are 14 more games to go.

But, hey you can say whatever you want.

Do you thin the NFL going to award them the NFC West tomorrow?

No.

But the media is going to crown their ass like Napoleon Bonaparte.

Let em! We seem to use that s**t to our advantage when we become the under dawg! Tho losing in seattle wont make us much a underdog in let alone wk 2 lol we will be just fine! Hope our guys injuries are nothing severe! Bring on the colts!!!!
  • buck
  • Veteran

This was one game. Seattle played better than we did. There are 14 more games to go.

But, hey you can say whatever you want.

Do you thin the NFL going to award them the NFC West tomorrow?

No.

But the media is going to crown their ass like Napoleon Bonaparte.

The media and apparently some members of the forum.

Everybody knows the season is 16 games long. I am happy to wait and see how the season goes.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Screw that the Seahawk officials had a hand in that game. Sure they gave the 9ers a Justin Smith off-side no call, but those b***hes were holding every other play, quite noticeably too.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Screw that the Seahawk officials had a hand in that game. Sure they gave the 9ers a Justin Smith off-side no call, but those b***hes were holding every other play, quite noticeably too.

Let me ask you guys a question? How do you get open if a DB has a hold of your jersey? I mean you can't turn around and slap his hands down......Our LBs and Dline were being held by the shoulder pads to the point where they couldn't turn around and chase......what are they suppose to do to be able to turn around? knee the Olineman in the nuts?

Yes, they are the better team if you want me to be no nonsense and direct about it.
Niners were out played and as soon as the delay happened, were out coached as well. The offense had a chance early on to take the crowd out of it. The interception in the endzone was brutal and the safety was really when it all started to snowball. The coaches need to bring something else to the table the next time they play. More screens, half back tosses and quick hit slants to get out of these 3rd and long situations. Injuries were a killer this week. Ian Williams looks like his out for a while and Reid might miss a game or two.

Like it or not, Seattle has our number and quite frankly are the better team until the offense gets James, Crabtree and Manningham back.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I will say in this game they looked just that - they over-matched us at every level.

What happens when they get Irvin, Clemons, and Browner back???

OL - SEA created enough holes for Marshawn to run up the middle, 9ers did chase RW a bit and sacked him a few times though. SF OL Gore was stuffed, Kap was chased

RB - Lynch ran better than our starter Gore, Turbin played, where was Hunter, besides caught behind the line once?

WR - They had a few long balls, we had NONE.

TE - Neither side did much, VD had a couple of catches, McDonald crushed Sherman , but also got a PF.

QB - RW outplayed CK tonight

DL - SEA stuffed the 9ers runs and harassed CK, SF DL did okay, but was giving up 3-5 yard runs consistently.

LBs - 9ers LBs played pretty well, edge SF

DBs - SEA smothered SF, SF did okay except for a couple of WIDE OPEN receivers and the Lynch touchdown (which was really a LB blown coverage)

ST - SEA had better returns than SF

So in every facet except LB, SEA looked to have enough of an edge to look dominant TONIGHT.

Brilliant post and analysis. That was pretty much what happened tonight whether we like it or not. Once again, just like in the last game, they totally dominated us. The scores of both games spoke for themselves.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Niners were out played and as soon as the delay happened, were out coached as well. The offense had a chance early on to take the crowd out of it. The interception in the endzone was brutal and the safety was really when it all started to snowball. The coaches need to bring something else to the table the next time they play. More screens, half back tosses and quick hit slants to get out of these 3rd and long situations. Injuries were a killer this week. Ian Williams looks like his out for a while and Reid might miss a game or two.

Like it or not, Seattle has our number and quite frankly are the better team until the offense gets James, Crabtree and Manningham back.

They do not have the 9ers number, check that, they only beat the 9ers once before this since 2011. Bring their ass to the Stick, and the 9ers will gladly shove that Stick right up their ass!!!