There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bigger,Faster,Stronger and Younger

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Yes, they are a good team. That is not a secret.

But the 49ers offense under Harbaugh & Roman makes its money off of pre-snap adjustments at the line, audibling into the second play called in the huddle (KILL KILL KILL!), and executing motion before the snap to create mismatches.

The 49ers CANNOT DO THAT CONSISTENTLY in an environment like Seattle. They simply can't hear all the calls. It simplifies the entire offense and makes us look very vanilla.

It's pretty damn simple. I don't know why fans can't see that after watching this team for two years in this offense. Yes, Seattle is good, but I think we beat them at Candlestick 8 times out of 10 if everyone is healthy.

But yea, Seattle is good. I'm just not gonna worry until they either blow us out at home or we have to play them in Seattle in the playoffs. It is what it is.

Your claim is absurd. If your offense can't work in hostile environments...guess what....you gotta fix your offense. 49ers won't have the luxury of playing every game at home in the playoffs, if they have to travel to Seattle, they need for their offense to work its not just enough to say "well, we can't do our pre-snap adjustments so its not fair." Simply, they need to figure out a way to get it done.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
Its that simple. the Seahawks are waaaay more physical than us period.
Seattle played a great game. Congrats to them, this was a great home win for them.

Yep. That's what I have been saying for a while.

Apart from being bigger, faster and stronger, if I may I would like to add younger too.

In essence, they are just a better version of the 9ers.

Oh come on now. No one should be saying that yet. They have the most epic home field advantage ever. They barely beat an 0-2 team last week. The 12th man is only allowed to play in 8 of their games.

Agreed. Theyre a solid squad that matches up good to us, but That home field advantage of theirs inflates their win total by 1-2 games a year.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

But the 49ers offense under Harbaugh & Roman makes its money off of pre-snap adjustments at the line, audibling into the second play called in the huddle (KILL KILL KILL!), and executing motion before the snap to create mismatches.

The 49ers CANNOT DO THAT CONSISTENTLY in an environment like Seattle. They simply can't hear all the calls. It simplifies the entire offense and makes us look very vanilla.

It's pretty damn simple. I don't know why fans can't see that after watching this team for two years in this offense. Yes, Seattle is good, but I think we beat them at Candlestick 8 times out of 10 if everyone is healthy.

But yea, Seattle is good. I'm just not gonna worry until they either blow us out at home or we have to play them in Seattle in the playoffs. It is what it is.

Your claim is absurd. If your offense can't work in hostile environments...guess what....you gotta fix your offense. 49ers won't have the luxury of playing every game at home in the playoffs, if they have to travel to Seattle, they need for their offense to work its not just enough to say "well, we can't do our pre-snap adjustments so its not fair." Simply, they need to figure out a way to get it done.

How about this... I don't think my claim is absurd at all. I think I'm 100% on target.

BUT I think you are 100% right. They have to find a way for this offense to run when they can't get all cute and creative at the line of scrimmage. It doesn't work in a hostile environment.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM ]
This is going to be a long f**king week.
Originally posted by Muggins:
This is going to be a long f**king week.

Yes. We have threads by the pound and most of them are of the negative Nancy variety
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

How about this... I don't think my claim is absurd at all. I think I'm 100% on target.

BUT I think you are 100% right. They have to find a way for this offense to run when they can't get all cute and creative at the line of scrimmage. It doesn't work in a hostile environment.

Couldn't agree more. It's been noted several times that the niners call several plays at the line. The QB gets to the line and sees the defense. Once he sees something he likes he audibles to one of the other plays.

In Seattle it's nearly impossible. My main problem is they need to learn how to play out of traditional sets. Seattle's front is too good for these pistol and shotgun formations.
Let's not suck their D's just yet. The DB holding was pretty bad, Aldon's personal foul was the turning point IMO. Lets see their DBs do that at the Stick, wont happen. We have a lot of work, DEC 8 is already on my radar.
Oh come on now. No one should be saying that yet. They have the most epic home field advantage ever. They barely beat an 0-2 team last week. The 12th man is only allowed to play in 8 of their games.

Nah, I can't honestly convince myself they are not better than us nor can I put everything onto the 12th man neither. I am not talking about how we or they match up with other teams. I am solely talking about this Seahawks team Vs our own 9ers team. I believe they have our number.

You could only possibly be basing that off of the last two games we have played against them in Seattle. There is no further evidence available to support that belief.

Look, I am trying to argue with you. I believe pictures speak more than a thousand words. If I am wrong I am wrong and I hope I am wrong too. But, as it stands I really believe that is what I am seeing. In the last game, yes we blamed it on Justin Smith being out, we were exhausted from the travelling from Foxborough and our D having played 90 snaps. So, for this game, I tried to go against what I felt and hoped it would be a different story with a close to100% healthy team, not to mention they are the ones who are suffering from injuries. Just look at the scores, last time we got beaten by 29 points and this time 26 points. I didn't think we would necessarily walk out of there with a W, but at least not with yet another blowout. If we had lost by 5 or 6 points, then I would have left it alone and see what happens in the home game. You don't lose in such a fashion without being dominated. That was what happened in the last game and that was what happened in this game too. You just can't ignore it and lay everything onto the 12th Man. That is just my opinion.
These teams are relatively equal. At home, we're slightly better. When they are at home, goodness. Lots to learn from this game.
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
Its that simple. the Seahawks are waaaay more physical than us period.
Seattle played a great game. Congrats to them, this was a great home win for them.

Apart from being bigger, faster and stronger, if I may I would like to add younger too.

If you believe that, you don't know football. The 12th Man won this game.

If you believe it was only the noise and their fans, then you are in denial. I hate the Seahawks too, but you got to recognize what is going on here. Honestly, I think there is a good chance they may beat us at the Stick. Their team has grown, matured and are gradually moving into their prime. In both games, they have totally more than matched-up with any phase of our game and personnel. I just can't sit here and look at myself and say it didn't happen.

So, you are saying it was the pre-snap adjustments that got us blown out ? I would agree the pre-snap adjustments didn't help with getting the plays off, that much I would agree, but to get blown out because of it ? No. We have consistently been blown out twice now.

Well, let's see what happens in the home game in December then. So far everything that has happened in this game and the last game has pretty much been totally consistent. Getting blown out, dominated and ended up with a truckload of injuries. I am of the belief this could well happen at the Stick. If I am wrong, let me be wrong and I hope I am wrong too for the sake of the 9ers.
If I could put my professor spectacles on for a second...

Here's another way to look at this, guys.

Imagine the performance of this football team as a sine wave. We'll assume the function is centered along the x-axis, which is our normal level of play. What we are concerned with here is the amplitude of the function--how far above and below our baseline our performance fluctuates.

In 2011, we had a very consistent team. By this I mean we were generally stable week-to-week in our level of performance--we occasionally dipped below our normal quality of play (Baltimore, Arizona) but not very far, and never lost any game more than 10 points. Conversely, when we needed to elevate in the playoffs it wasn't there.

Starting in 2012, we started to see a very large variance in the quality of our play from week to week. We laid eggs in Minnesota, against New York and St. Louis, and in Seattle. Our poor performances were really, really poor. But on the flip side, when we were good we were transcendently good--take wins in New England and in the playoffs versus Green Bay and Atlanta. The Super Bowl may have been the most illustrative microcosm of this phenomenon, in that we played waaaay below our talent level in the first half and were unbelievable in the second.

We are undeniably a very dynamic team. But I submit that the price of this dynamism, of this ability to play at that very high level at times, is that we also swing very far in the opposite direction, so that when we are not good, we are very not good.

So, fellas, let's take this with a grain of salt and as solace that we will be okay. Nothing is necessarily broken...it's a long season, and we all know how good we can be.
the reason the 49ers lost is the 49ers gave up their running game
  • buck
  • Veteran

This was one game. Seattle played better than we did. There are 14 more games to go.

But, hey you can say whatever you want.

Do you thin the NFL going to award them the NFC West tomorrow?
Originally posted by reno90210:
the reason the 49ers lost is the 49ers gave up their running game

I am afraid not, we couldn't run the ball just like in the last game. Their D-line totally stuffed our run.
Originally posted by buck:

This was one game. Seattle played better than we did. There are 14 more games to go.

But, hey you can say whatever you want.

Do you thin the NFL going to award them the NFC West tomorrow?

No.

But the media is going to crown their ass like Napoleon Bonaparte.