There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bigger,Faster,Stronger and Younger

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Is this a friggin Niner Talk thread or an NFL Talk thread?

Let's just everybody sell the farm and move west. We got beat. It happens,
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
Its that simple. the Seahawks are waaaay more physical than us period.
Seattle played a great game. Congrats to them, this was a great home win for them.

Yep. That's what I have been saying for a while.

Apart from being bigger, faster and stronger, if I may I would like to add younger too.

In essence, they are just a better version of the 9ers.

If you believe that, you don't know football. The 12th Man won this game.

If you believe it was only the noise and their fans, then you are in denial. I hate the Seahawks too, but you got to recognize what is going on here. Honestly, I think there is a good chance they may beat us at the Stick. Their team has grown, matured and are gradually moving into their prime. In both games, they have totally more than matched-up with any phase of our game and personnel. I just can't sit here and look at myself and say it didn't happen.
It's tough to play two physical games back to back. After playing a physical game with the Packers (the week before) then having to go up to Seattle (where the seahawks almost never lose), I can see why the 49er's lost.

Additionally, they exposed Boldin in the Packers game as their best receiver and the Seahawks were able to prepare for him. Had this been Boldin's first game with the 49er's, it may have resulted with the same element of surprise as it did with the Packers.

Whats even tougher is that the Seahawks next opponent are the Jags and that should give them another win. The niners have to face the Colts which won't be so easy even at home.

If the 49er's can get through the first half of the season without losing too much ground on the Seahawks, perhaps things will turn around in the 2nd half.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Oh come on now. No one should be saying that yet. They have the most epic home field advantage ever. They barely beat an 0-2 team last week. The 12th man is only allowed to play in 8 of their games.

Nah, I can't honestly convince myself they are not better than us nor can I put everything onto the 12th man neither. I am not talking about how we or they match up with other teams. I am solely talking about this Seahawks team Vs our own 9ers team. I believe they have our number.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Seattle played a great game. Congrats to them, this was a great home win for them.

Yep. That's what I have been saying for a while.

Apart from being bigger, faster and stronger, if I may I would like to add younger too.

In essence, they are just a better version of the 9ers.

If you believe that, you don't know football. The 12th Man won this game.

If you believe it was only the noise and their fans, then you are in denial. I hate the Seahawks too, but you got to recognize what is going on here. Honestly, I think there is a good chance they may beat us at the Stick. Their team has grown, matured and are gradually moving into their prime. In both games, they have totally more than matched-up with any phase of our game and personnel. I just can't sit here and look at myself and say it didn't happen.

Yes, they are a good team. That is not a secret.

But the 49ers offense under Harbaugh & Roman makes its money off of pre-snap adjustments at the line, audibling into the second play called in the huddle (KILL KILL KILL!), and executing motion before the snap to create mismatches.

The 49ers CANNOT DO THAT CONSISTENTLY in an environment like Seattle. They simply can't hear all the calls. It simplifies the entire offense and makes us look very vanilla.

It's pretty damn simple. I don't know why fans can't see that after watching this team for two years in this offense. Yes, Seattle is good, but I think we beat them at Candlestick 8 times out of 10 if everyone is healthy.

But yea, Seattle is good. I'm just not gonna worry until they either blow us out at home or we have to play them in Seattle in the playoffs. It is what it is.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:21 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Oh come on now. No one should be saying that yet. They have the most epic home field advantage ever. They barely beat an 0-2 team last week. The 12th man is only allowed to play in 8 of their games.

Nah, I can't honestly convince myself they are not better than us nor can I put everything onto the 12th man neither. I am not talking about how we or they match up with other teams. I am solely talking about this Seahawks team Vs our own 9ers team. I believe they have our number.

You could only possibly be basing that off of the last two games we have played against them in Seattle. There is no further evidence available to support that belief.

The 9ers as a team are 'cap' older. When the Seattle rookie contracts start to expire , they will have some hard choices to make - just like the 9ers had to this past offseason. In todays NFL, parity means most teams have a small window of opportunity before their expiring contracts start to strangle the cap.
I don't think its just the noise and the fans. But i think it is mental.

They were 4-15 on 3rd down. We were 3-12
They had 4.6 yds per play; we had 4.4 yds per play.
Yet the score is a blowout.
So where was the difference?
5 turnovers to 1 (including one in the on the goal line).
121 penalty yards to 84 (including a holding in the endzone for a safety and several penalties after 3rd down stops).

Think its safe to say we lost this game, they didn't win it. Our leadership needs to step up. These two teams are physically quite similar. Mentally, they got us beat.
Bigger + stronger + faster = Adderall
They looked better tonight for sure. We embarrassed ourselves in several ways tonight. But the game would have been much closer if we didn't have so many personal fouls to extend their drives and move ourselves backwards. A couple of these were very ticky tack, and the officials didn't do us any favors that'f for sure. Seattle was called for holding a few times, but there were several times that they were clearly holing on both sides of the ball and it wasn't called. I give Seattle credit and we had better find a way to win the division. Because it's clear we will not go up there and win in the playoffs. But if we can stay healthy elsewhere and get our receivers back we'll give them a serious fight for the division. The season is 16 games. We do need Crabtree back bad though, and Manningham would help too. I also hope Ray Mac and Reid can come back soon. We are a very good team, and we will learn from this. Tonight was a serious kick in the nuts, but we will bounce back. There's too much talent on the roster and coaching staff to not be a serious contender.
We're two games in here. Stop the panic.
yes they looked like it tonight
I thought we looked better this year in Seattle then we did last year. Wait until Crabtree and Manningham come back, then we will see how good they are.
It was 3-0 essentially guys before kap blew it!!!! Our D was dominating. Defense can only do so much when your offensive don't move ball. Roman was a joke today calling college offense and not even giving Gore a chance. Kap needs to learn how to throw and not always throw with no arc and touch.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
My dick

This. Seattle has an edge on defense against the 49ers offense, that's about it. 49ers need to add a lot more speed to their offense, they also need to improve the playcalling a hell of a lot more. Cutesy little draw plays against an 8 man front rarely work well. They need to spread Seattle out, get them out of their comfort zone.