There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The USFL Announces Kickoff Date (2015)

• xcfan
  • Veteran
don
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't want to see this again. NFL only.

don't worry, no nfl players will play there. only nfl has-beens, and practice-squad types, and worse. it'll actually improve nfl quality, because a small % of young usfl players who have high athletic ability will have time to develop and make it to the nfl.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
They should make a UKFL and stop shipping off NFL games to London...

Thank you! Or the NFL adopts it and makes it into minor league, in place of practise squads etc.

Spring football would be good.
i like the idea of having football to watch when the nfl isnt playing
Originally posted by xcfan:
yeah, baby.

Is that Kerwin Bell? Orlando Thunder was my favorite USFL team, they opened their first ever game with back to back on sides kicks, which if I remember correctly the recovered both kicks and scored on both drives!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Sep 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Having the USFL season during the NFL offseason is the smartest thing they could do. Competing with the NFL is foolish, this could be successful due to fans craving more than the draft during the offseason. I hope we don't have to pay for the channel the games are on, that will kill a lot of interest. They need to start on lower channels and build interest before they try to charge a premium for their product.
Great farm league to monitor for improved players. Also, an experiment lab to try new concepts.

I like it.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Bazinga!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Is that Kerwin Bell? Orlando Thunder was my favorite USFL team, they opened their first ever game with back to back on sides kicks, which if I remember correctly the recovered both kicks and scored on both drives!

bobby herbert, oakland invaders
Originally posted by DVDA:
Having the USFL season during the NFL offseason is the smartest thing they could do. Competing with the NFL is foolish, this could be successful due to fans craving more than the draft during the offseason. I hope we don't have to pay for the channel the games are on, that will kill a lot of interest. They need to start on lower channels and build interest before they try to charge a premium for their product.

The USFL was pretty successful when they played during the offseason, with pretty decent talent and coaching. It wasn't until Donald Trump convinced the league to start competing with the NFL that they met their demise. Maybe some of your older dudes have some better insight, but that's what I gathered from the 30 for 30 episode about the USFL on Netflix.

If the USFL is competently managed they have plenty of room for success.
I would love to be able to tryout for a team lol. I'm only 5-5 so id be doing it for the short people !!
how would this effect the draft? who gets first dibs? seems a little ridiculous to me trying to compete against the nfl.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
how would this effect the draft? who gets first dibs? seems a little ridiculous to me trying to compete against the nfl.

It wouldn't at all. Guys that go undrafted and that don't sign as free agents may get a shot however.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Players would have a choice between the NFL and the other draft maybe?

Not like anyone would pass on the nfl draft for the usfl tho.