There are 159 users in the forums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

the way i see it, this is 2013 right? We have the technology to put audio equipment in all of the players helmets so why not use it? I think wholly unfair to any team to not be able to communicate due to an unfair advantage of rowdy fans+ sound pumping+ acoustically specialized stadiums. Sure its fun that the fans can affect a game but its just not fair. Level the playing field.
I'm so glad the majority of you think its fine as is. EVERY team has the right to make their field just as loud as Seattle and KC. Yes, Seattle's stadium redirects/amplifies sound, But KC in an outdoor non partially covered stadium has absolutely no problem getting just as loud. Focus your attention on getting your fans in the game in on making noise rather than crying about it. As embarrassing as that letter is that the Miners org sent out to the fans, at least its a step in the right direction for trying to get the same HFA. Crying about it to newspapers and trying to get rules made against it, that's pretty sad.
Originally posted by 49glory:
the way i see it, this is 2013 right? We have the technology to put audio equipment in all of the players helmets so why not use it? I think wholly unfair to any team to not be able to communicate due to an unfair advantage of rowdy fans+ sound pumping+ acoustically specialized stadiums. Sure its fun that the fans can affect a game but its just not fair. Level the playing field.

You know in college basketball people the entire student section will jump up and down and scream the entire time the visiting team is on offense. Maybe they should all be told to quiet down and sit down so it can be fair for teams who have poor fan bases who attend games.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The only way the league quiets stadiums is if Drew Brees falls down with blood pouring from his ears due to excessive crowd noise.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
You know in college basketball people the entire student section will jump up and down and scream the entire time the visiting team is on offense. Maybe they should all be told to quiet down and sit down so it can be fair for teams who have poor fan bases who attend games.

They shouldn't allow lame ass franchises to build stadiums that funnel the crowd noise back to the playing field in order to gain an unfair advantage. Arrogant ass fans that think that they are better than other fans because their stadium artificially enhances their loudness are only fooling themselves. f**king cheating ass joke of a franchise/fanbase.
Isn't there a rule for loudness?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
They shouldn't allow lame ass franchises to build stadiums that funnel the crowd noise back to the playing field in order to gain an unfair advantage. Arrogant ass fans that think that they are better than other fans because their stadium artificially enhances their loudness are only fooling themselves. f**king cheating ass joke of a franchise/fanbase.

Not much fans can do about how their franchises design and build stadiums. All they can do is show up and do their part to be LOUD on DEE and let the chips fall where they may. After all, fan is short for fanatic and football is a game, it's entertainment and it's supposed to be fun

If there really are engineering techniques that help amplify sound and help a team gain a competitive advantage, you'd think everyone would do it.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

Not much fans can do about how their franchises design and build stadiums. All they can do is show up and do their part to be LOUD on DEE and let the chips fall where they may. After all, fan is short for fanatic and football is a game, it's entertainment and it's supposed to be fun

If there really are engineering techniques that help amplify sound and help a team gain a competitive advantage, you'd think everyone would do it.

Just down the street is the SJ sharks one of the loudest if not thee loudest venues in hockey

Sits 17k
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

Lisa you are certainly an exception to my general experience with seahawk fans. Most teams would not feel the need to make a stadium amplify crowd noise and direct it back on the field. That stadium only got a rep for being loud after the bandwagon started filling up. My problem is the douchebags that try and claim they are the best fans because of the loudness of the stadium, when the stadium is doing a lot to make them as loud as they think they are. Being drunk, loud and douchey doesn't make a better fan.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Arent we gonna have an acoustically designed stadium designed to hold in that noise to?

No.

People are so sue happy these days I'm waiting for some fans to file a suit against the league and claim permanent hearing loss any day now.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM ]
Originally posted by zaghawk:

Exactly
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
People are so sue happy these days I'm waiting for some fans to file a suit against the league and claim permanent hearing loss any day now.

That is a great freaking idea.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

That is a great freaking idea.

A seahawk fan will be the first one. Book it!
The CHEATHAWKS would never win another game.....
Share 49ersWebzone