There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Know what's rich? Seattle fans calling us whiners because a handful of Niner fans are butthurt. You want whiners? Try all of Seattle that STILL hasn't gotten over the officiating in their one super bowl appearance (LOSS) ever.
Originally posted by HawkManDan:
I'm embarrassed for the ones who think ANYTHING should be done. Seahawks fans have been loud since the Kingdome days! If this is such an unfair advantage why is this being brought up now? In 2005 when the Seahawks won the NFC the NFL CONFIRMED that the stadium wasn't piping in noise. Now here in 2013 ONLY after the Niners lose is when this is brought up. Why did it take all this time? When the Niners won in 2011 in Seattle why weren't people complaining of crowd noise then? BECAUSE THE NINERS WON. Seems to only be an issue when the team loses. If it wasn't unacceptable Sunday, then it should have been as unacceptable in 2011 or any other game the Seahawks lose at home. Its not an unfair advantage if teams beat the Seahawks at home. Is there any accountability for the losing team? Do the Seahawks win because they're actually really good? Last year when the Seahawks won 42-13, it wasnt that the Seahawks were good, it was always excuses. This year Seahawks win 29-3, Seahawks still aren't good, seems to be acts of god on why they win games at home or on the road.

I'm sure this is the part where the haters call me a troll and the obligatory "we won super bowls, you haven't" line is spewed. Impossible to talk to many 49ers fans because this is their default argument for everything. Ive met a couple cool Niner fans who actually talk about tangible football stuff in todays era. My cousin is a niners fan, he congratulated me and said the Seahawks are the better team now. No excuses, thats refreshing from a 49ers fan! Obviously he thinks that his team will win division and thats fine! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 1 thing is for sure. You didnt win the NFC West and NFC past couple years because you won a Super Bowl 20-30 years ago, you won it because you were the best team.

Do something on the road first.

Seattle had a far easier schedule on the road last year. Yet, 8 - 0 at home, 3 - 5 on the road. It is obvious there is a complete dependence on the noise box. You lost EVERY NFC West road game. Your only road wins were against Carolina, Buffalo, and Chicago. This year you have to play at Texans, at Giants, at Falcons, and of course the NFC West where you are 0 - 3. You squeaked by the mighty Panthers, just like last year. And just like last year, you're going to need every one of those home game victories to even have a chance at competing for the division title.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM ]
Originally posted by gunner77:
Winners of #5Rings should be embarrassed by this thread. Oh, and can you remind me how many rings you've won since the Hawks have joined the division? I forget.

As many as the 49ers have won

Read mine again man. I'm pretty sure we're on the same side here.
Winners of #5Rings should be embarrassed by this thread. Oh, and can you remind me how many rings you've won since the Hawks have joined the division? I forget.

As many as the 49ers have won

Read mine again man. I'm pretty sure we're on the same side here.

Yup zero
Crowd noise is already an advantage because it "pumps up" the home team and gives them energy, while intimidating the away team. If it gets to the point where thy actually PHYSICALLY influence the game, like only the away team not even being able to hear their own plays...... well then that would kind of be like us generating artificial wind only when the away team kicks.

I think noise is part of the game and makes it great, but if it physically gives an advantage to only one team, then make it equal by putting in microphones or something.

CAN'T. WAIT. FOR. A. REMATCH. AT. THE. STICK.
nah, i like the way it is now, i mean you cant help it if a stadium is rocking.

they already have tons of rule changes, of what u can and cant do. some new rules that are cool for safety, and some that just dont make sense.

Stadium issues have been a thing for years, and years, and id like to keep in the way it is.

I will say this tho, I'll be glad when we get that new stadium, because it always seem like when we have home games that the 49er fans are always outdone by the visiting teams fans. and i haven't been able to figure that one out yet.
It's up to the team to become so fluid that noise won't bother them. It is a self discipline and practice issue, which the niners need to improve. They often lack composure in these situation...Detroit, Seattle...
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Seattle and other teams are enhancing the noise artificially...and it should be banned. Cheering? Great! But enhancing it? Not so great. I don't go to Warriors games (and would love to see them) because they play loud obnoxious music all night long! That's not sports to me.
Bullsheet. They accused Seattle of that years ago and it was completely disproven...You idiots need to get a life!!
Originally posted by sounddude:
Bullsheet. They accused Seattle of that years ago and it was completely disproven...You idiots need to get a life!!

Learn to spell and use grammar so I can interpret your posts more accurately. Sounds like you said...go niners!
Of course NFL must do that, noise must be reduce to the exact db when 9ers can win in Seattle.
Nope, I think it should stay as is. Everyone has their own home field advantage, teams just need to evolve and learn to overcome it.
Put a mic in the QB's helmet and speakers in the other players helmets. case closed.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Put a mic in the QB's helmet and speakers in the other players helmets. case closed.

Sounds like a possible solution, but it may be jammed by the opposing fans...
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

ahh add more sound decimals to an already loud environment...Brilliant
Originally posted by drunk49er:
Know what's rich? Seattle fans calling us whiners because a handful of Niner fans are butthurt. You want whiners? Try all of Seattle that STILL hasn't gotten over the officiating in their one super bowl appearance (LOSS) ever.

this would work better if we didnt just lose a super bowl in which a number of our fans complained about the refs.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home