LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Originally posted by gunner77:
Originally posted by HawkManDan:
Originally posted by gunner77:
Winners of #5Rings should be embarrassed by this thread. Oh, and can you remind me how many rings you've won since the Hawks have joined the division? I forget.

As many as the 49ers have won

Read mine again man. I'm pretty sure we're on the same side here.

Yup zero
Crowd noise is already an advantage because it "pumps up" the home team and gives them energy, while intimidating the away team. If it gets to the point where thy actually PHYSICALLY influence the game, like only the away team not even being able to hear their own plays...... well then that would kind of be like us generating artificial wind only when the away team kicks.

I think noise is part of the game and makes it great, but if it physically gives an advantage to only one team, then make it equal by putting in microphones or something.

CAN'T. WAIT. FOR. A. REMATCH. AT. THE. STICK.
nah, i like the way it is now, i mean you cant help it if a stadium is rocking.

they already have tons of rule changes, of what u can and cant do. some new rules that are cool for safety, and some that just dont make sense.

Stadium issues have been a thing for years, and years, and id like to keep in the way it is.

I will say this tho, I'll be glad when we get that new stadium, because it always seem like when we have home games that the 49er fans are always outdone by the visiting teams fans. and i haven't been able to figure that one out yet.
It's up to the team to become so fluid that noise won't bother them. It is a self discipline and practice issue, which the niners need to improve. They often lack composure in these situation...Detroit, Seattle...
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Seattle and other teams are enhancing the noise artificially...and it should be banned. Cheering? Great! But enhancing it? Not so great. I don't go to Warriors games (and would love to see them) because they play loud obnoxious music all night long! That's not sports to me.
Bullsheet. They accused Seattle of that years ago and it was completely disproven...You idiots need to get a life!!
Originally posted by sounddude:
Bullsheet. They accused Seattle of that years ago and it was completely disproven...You idiots need to get a life!!

Learn to spell and use grammar so I can interpret your posts more accurately. Sounds like you said...go niners!
Of course NFL must do that, noise must be reduce to the exact db when 9ers can win in Seattle.
Nope, I think it should stay as is. Everyone has their own home field advantage, teams just need to evolve and learn to overcome it.
Put a mic in the QB's helmet and speakers in the other players helmets. case closed.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Put a mic in the QB's helmet and speakers in the other players helmets. case closed.

Sounds like a possible solution, but it may be jammed by the opposing fans...

Originally posted by 24plus25er:

ahh add more sound decimals to an already loud environment...Brilliant
Originally posted by drunk49er:
Know what's rich? Seattle fans calling us whiners because a handful of Niner fans are butthurt. You want whiners? Try all of Seattle that STILL hasn't gotten over the officiating in their one super bowl appearance (LOSS) ever.

this would work better if we didnt just lose a super bowl in which a number of our fans complained about the refs.
all they have to do is hire niners stadium ushers to tell people to quiet down
Why don't they just paint their field that god awful green and then match their home field uniforms to the field too. Then they will call people whiners about that advantage too.

There is no problem with a little home field advantage where the team is familiar with the environment, have the fan support (usually), and don't have to travel. But what is going on in Seattle and New Orleans is a complete joke IMO. This is not home field advantage; it is a mockery of the game. When you can't hear the person one foot away from you and he is screaming at you, there is a problem.

The league should and must do something about this. Seattle fans aren't doing anything special, they had their stadium designed to acoustically be artificially loud. It is akin to piping in noise with the speaker system, but they did it with the building design. This is a complete joke.

Seattle is a very average team on the road or at a neutral stadium. They haven't done $hit on the road and have almost lost to sucky teams over and over, this is not a coincidence. If they do make it to the SB, they will get boat-raced by Manning or Brady as long as the weather holds up.
[ Edited by bigwads on Dec 6, 2013 at 11:40 AM ]
why do they call it a boat race?
Share 49ersWebzone