LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
indeed......somehow we need to get this video to harbs lol.

I don't think the rule is in place anymore. The original poster put in the options it was pre 2007.

Anyways, I am fine the way it is as long as these two conditions are met:

1. Teams don't pump in fake crowd noise which I think they should monitor more closely. Wouldn't be surprised if Indy, Minnesota or Seattle has done it (especially the first 2.

2. Fans aren't allowed to bring in noise making devices which so far they arent. Ex: Whistles, bullhorns, Vuvuzelas, etc

The most annoying sound ever. lol
You deal with the weather you deal with the noise. That's football 101 especially when in enemy territory
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't think the rule is in place anymore. The original poster put in the options it was pre 2007.

Anyways, I am fine the way it is as long as these two conditions are met:

1. Teams don't pump in fake crowd noise which I think they should monitor more closely. Wouldn't be surprised if Indy, Minnesota or Seattle has done it (especially the first 2.

2. Fans aren't allowed to bring in noise making devices which so far they arent. Ex: Whistles, bullhorns, Vuvuzelas, etc

+1. First thing I thought of.

Any word yet on whether the new stadium in SC was designed to be loud? It would be nice for us in the future if it were.
This isn't tennis
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'm all for microphones in helmets...of all players. HFA shouldn't be allowed to directly affect the game.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
You deal with the weather you deal with the noise. That's football 101 especially when in enemy territory

If that was the case, then why are domes allowed? Fair should be fair. The NFL should try to level the playing field as much as possible, and let the teams' quality of play be the determinant of who wins.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
If they introduce the Vuvuzela to NFL games, I'll quit watching.

Keep Futbol out of my Football

I'm pretty sure vuvuzuelas got banned from all 32 NFL stadiums a year or two ago. I remember some random 49er fan trying to get everyone to go the Stick last year with a whole bunch of those annoying things. Thank God everyone thought it was a lame idea.

As for the whole crowd silencing thing, I think it's lame. I think it's great for the NFL because it can make fans feel more part of their team. It's all about "home field advantage". However, I could see Harbaugh doing what the Vikings did to the Lions this Saturday. He's an a*****e like that and I love it. He's just giving his team the best chance to win.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
You can't silence the crowd. Period.

But give the players the tools and the tech to make crowd noise matter less.
Here's a decibel comparison chart -http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html
Aw hell nah... expensive ass tickets + expensive ass beer + already pretty tipsy heading to the game...
like hell anyone should tell me to "quiet down" as long as I'm not being overly obnoxious.

Originally posted by kray28:
I'm all for microphones in helmets...of all players. HFA shouldn't be allowed to directly affect the game.

Jump on the Shehawks early and the crowd will become very quiet.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:

It's ironic that people who use this are sometimes the least intelligent people of the board.
Originally posted by kray28:
It's ironic that people who use this are sometimes the least intelligent people of the board.

He's got a point though

Home Field Advantage is one of the drawing interests keeping people going to NFL games, and the NFL is all about selling all the tickets they can

Hamstring that advantage in the name of "fairness" and it's just icing on top of the many thousands of other reasons people would rather watch a game from the comfort of their own home
I mainly wish we had a stadium that did the same thing. If we had an advantage like this, I wouldn't feel bad about it at all
Share 49ersWebzone