There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

I don't want the league to touch it. If they do, then the Hags win. It is basically admitting that the fans are so into it that the league needed help just to stop them.

No... if you only knew the rewarding feeling of walking out of there, high fiving and hugging other Niner fans in front of massively dejected Hags fans. I have seen it four times and while the 2002 game was uneventful, the 2006 and 2011 games were nothing short of euphoric. I got a big kiss and hug from the cutest girl I have ever seen in a Niner jersey because in 2011 when the Hags took the lead, I kept them there as they began to leave. I promise you that nothing hurts a Hags fan more than seeing happy Niner fans after they have made alk their noise but still lose.

We are due brothers. 2014 we will share that celebration again. WITHOUT the NFL making more noise rules for penalties.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Does anyone else think it's a lil fishy that there crowd hit 137 decibels of sound in there first home game but didn't break 110 in the nfccg?

As ticket prices ramp up in the playoffs, you get a lot more of the casuals selling their tickets to less-fanatic, well-off bandwagoners for profit. What was a couple seats for a few loud beer hounds in their 20's is now occupied by a group of fair-weather people in their 40's or 50's sitting on their hands. Several season ticket holders have never attended a game nor are even fans -- there's four seats right next to mine and they're different people every single game. Turns out the owner is some person in St Louis and just uses them for raw profit. Also, playoffs are right after the holidays, making the exorbitant prices a little tough to justify for a lot of people. Perfect time for rich a-holes who don't even follow the team to swoop in and pick them up and write them off as a business expense as they take some clients to a game.

Also, the readings are just taken in front the south end with all of the costume nuts which is 'closed,' even though it has no roof over it (as opposed to the north end which has gaps between the rising metal bleachers and the actual stadium wings on either side of it.)

Here's a sample from outside the open end at a few hundred yards. Still pretty loud even though the mic is pretty weak. It was when the record was set; Bennett returning Brees' air fumble for a TD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYwGDOlaPQ4

Originally posted by xcfan:
stadiums designed to produce overwhelming noise are unsportsmanlike and have no place in the nfl. it hurts the game. i'm dumbfounded that seattle is allowed to steal victories; it's a travesty. if it continues, santa clara stadium should install speakers and hire lemmy from motorhead to tune the system. if seattle can design noise into their field, why can't we?

So...the NFL should get rid of domes, too? And replace Arrowhead? Retaining sound is not producing nor amplifying sound. Any environment other than one designed to dampen volume is going to be perfectly capable of being loud. How is that 'stealing victories?' The real travesty is all of the petulant sniveling over our stadium when I know damn well no other fan base in the league would see this as an issue if their own venue were as energetic, or if their teams could pull out wins on something resembling a consistent basis up here.

No one cries about Arrowhead or the Superdome being too loud, even though both are just as capable. Why are those venues not considered unsportsmanlike? Where was the outrage when KC blew away Seattle's record (and it was cadenced, not organic) by almost a full decibel? Was 135 okay but 136 is just plain unacceptable? If the media wasn't providing a metric for this, no one would care because it wouldn't have been brought to their attention.
[ Edited by Einulfr on Apr 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM ]
One thing about Hags fans is that they go out of their way to make that noise. There is no doubt in my mind that any fan base that really wanted to could be effective in causing disruption at some level. For all the Niner games I have been to in Seattle, the whole ridiculous noise levels seemed to start for me in 2006. It was loud before, but there is no doubt in my mind that the last 4 Niner games I have seen there have been louder each time. I don't care what the stupid reader shows, the NFCC had to be the loudest of all. The silence comes with Niner success. Play well and they aren't nearly as much trouble, but the first sign of trouble and it is like a frenzy. They totally go as the game does.
It's just human nature. There's still the handful of dedicated rowdies in every fanbase of every sport no matter the team's performance, but winning always brings fans in by the truckloads. Even if it's just right around .500 or so, it can sustain for a long time. Just about every one of these hipster-looking douches you see is a total bandwagoner though, I will give you that. The 20-30 crowd make up the biggest bunch of fair-weather fakes. Chances are they've even bled over from the Sounders because the Hawks are winning and hey, it's the trendy thing to do! The team colors are even like totally the same and stuff! Social media has just exacerbated it all to a whole new level.
Here you all go!!! You ask for it and you shall receive. Teams get mad cause the Hawks win too much at home!!! I find this funny cause whenever I get into with another teams fan base they always talk about how we have TWO good seasons and now we talk like we are great. If that is true then why even bring up the noise. Its not like we had winning seasons since the stadium was erected. We had some s**tTY seasons there. Actually we had some down right awful seasons there. Some owner got butt hurt and now we play our prime time games on the road. Oh well if we win them then no excuse from the rivals, if you lose bad then maybe this team is only a home team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2040501-nfl-punishes-seattle-seahawks-for-being-too-good-at-home?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
Here you all go!!! You ask for it and you shall receive. Teams get mad cause the Hawks win too much at home!!! I find this funny cause whenever I get into with another teams fan base they always talk about how we have TWO good seasons and now we talk like we are great. If that is true then why even bring up the noise. Its not like we had winning seasons since the stadium was erected. We had some s**tTY seasons there. Actually we had some down right awful seasons there. Some owner got butt hurt and now we play our prime time games on the road. Oh well if we win them then no excuse from the rivals, if you lose bad then maybe this team is only a home team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2040501-nfl-punishes-seattle-seahawks-for-being-too-good-at-home?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
Seattle would never win another game.