There are 222 users in the forums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by London_Pride:
I know sound mirrors, they have them on the south / east coast here in the UK, they were used to detect incoming bombers before the advent of radar.

What do you think accounts for Arrowheads noise then? The extra 12k people / the bowl shape? I think comparing the stadia and the lack of obvious acoustic amplification the KC record is impressive.

for KC it's the continuous bowl built partially below ground and 10K more seats
Let's stop whining and beat the Hacks while their fans are at their loudest.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Disclaimers like that don't hold up in court. One example, one venue I worked on Beale Street posted signs saying "stagediving is prohibited, injuries incurred are not the responsibility of management/ownership". We had the Breeders in one night and this idiot climbs 30 feet up on top of the pa stack and jumps into the crowd. Of course everyone who saw it coming got out of this genius' way and he went full force onto the concrete dance floor. He was messed up bad and despite the disclaimer, the judge ruled the club at fault for his injuries.

I rest my case! But like I said ... it only takes ONE judge to rule FOR the client and all hell breaks loose .... others will sure to follow.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 19, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]
Just wear the Bose in ear noise cancelling headphones.
Just unplug the extra speakers the seahwks play crowd noise through
Originally posted by London_Pride:
Originally posted by okieniner:
pass it on......................... need to be fair...... lol not spy gate -- noise gate scandal

Are you feeling OK?

I would think something should be done cause if a team cant communicate the team uses timeouts, wrong plays , and is dysfuctional... I think the meaning to-- home field advantage---( place that a player feel more comfortable due to practices and same surroundings. If think if every home team put croud noise through their intercom system an managed it for when the opposing team is on offence and kept it a secret or hid it more teams would have a 12th man... and I think it would depent on the team of how much they are hyped for being a good team......conspiracy theory
No, but they should regulate and inspect stadium acoustics and investigate certain teams piping in crowd noise.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Let's stop whining and beat the Hacks while their fans are at their loudest.

^^

I'd love to see our guys play w/out the noise affecting their play... every time we gain big yardage / score (especially if we're winning), I'd want the players to pump their arms / hands up (as in telling the CAWK crowd to get even more louder) . LET'S FEED OFF THEIR NOISE!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
DP
[ Edited by LVJay on Dec 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM ]
At what point will the league step in to stop the fans from affecting the game?
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM ]

Originally posted by daWest:
No, but they should regulate and inspect stadium acoustics and investigate certain teams piping in crowd noise.

I believe the latter has been done and already and the theory debunked at the Seahawks.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

it's a penalty in the NFL rulebook

When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team.
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timing

but apparently the NFL is being lax on this kinda thing now.

i remember the MNF game in '85 where the Bears where playing at Miami. the crowd was so loud they stopped play multiple times until the Bears offense could hear the calls at the line.
Originally posted by boast:

When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team.

i remember the MNF game in '85 where the Bears where playing at Miami. the crowd was so loud they stopped play multiple times until the Bears offense could hear the calls at the line.

Are you sure that is still a rule? If it is, that's b******t that it never gets called on Seattle. Kinda like how they don't call their secondary for holding practically every play.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Are you sure that is still a rule? If it is, that's b******t that it never gets called on Seattle. Kinda like how they don't call their secondary for holding practically every play.

yes. it's still in the current NFL rulebook.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

yes. it's still in the current NFL rulebook.

Well it makes you wonder then if Harbaugh has taken it up with the league. This should be talked about plenty heading into the playoffs and it needs to start being called. The offense shouldn't not be able to hear and communicate with one another. Take away that advantage and Seattle will have some trouble
Share 49ersWebzone