There are 204 users in the forums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

I agree!! I think they should play every game in an empty dome! That way all the intangibles and advantages dissapear, and then all the players won't feel as pressured and their vaginas won't get sandy after they suck it up on the field! And they should have therapist on the side line to talk to players who got burned or missed a tackle so they can work out their feelings and so everybody knows they're winners!! They should also stop tackling and bring out flags and a nerf ball and play flag football. And stop keeping score because god forbide someone feels bad at losing. And you can't rush the passer unless you finish counting 5 Mississippis...
Have I missed anything?
Dumbest thing I've heard in awhile
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Only reason this is even being brought p here is because we gotta play against the Seahwaks. Let em have their crowd noise. I don't care. Its a part of the game and sports in general.
The sweetest sound will be the quiet in Chain-Link Field when the Niners demoralize the Seahawks.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
This is an old article, but it talks about the issue:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/sports/football/24noise.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Personally, the way I see it is that Seattle is a middle of the road team, however when they are almost guaranteed to win all home games, it makes it easy for them to get into the playoffs. 8-0 at home + 3-5 on the road = playoff birth.

This thread is embarrassing and needs to be deleted from the archives. If they weren't a good team they wouldn't be 8-0 at home regardless of crowd noise. And all you're doing with this thread is encouraging them. It's probably on one of their forums right now. If you don't like it, don't go, bring earplugs or get to the stick for our games and get freaking loud, if we're both 8-0 at home the better team will still win the division.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I agree!! I think they should play every game in an empty dome! That way all the intangibles and advantages dissapear, and then all the players won't feel as pressured and their vaginas won't get sandy after they suck it up on the field! And they should have therapist on the side line to talk to players who got burned or missed a tackle so they can work out their feelings and so everybody knows they're winners!! They should also stop tackling and bring out flags and a nerf ball and play flag football. And stop keeping score because god forbide someone feels bad at losing. And you can't rush the passer unless you finish counting 5 Mississippis...
Have I missed anything?

I agree they should have speakera in helmets, not reduce crowd noise! The crowd is what makes entertainning for the teams! s**t its football
I think any player who wants to have a speaker in their helmet should be able to do so. Crowd noise will still be a factor because, if I remember correctly, the audio gets cut at 20 seconds left on the play clock. So the crowd can still impact opposing offenses at the line, but at least everyone can hear the initial play call from the booth before then.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The sweetest sound will be the quiet in Chain-Link Field when the Niners demoralize the Seahawks.

This. While I will say, it may not be us that does it this week. But it will happen, and if it is us, which i hope it is, it will send chills down my spine.

Also, Ill say this. I plan on coming out to a Niners home game, at some point in my life. Hopefully sooner rather than later. And it will cost me a lot of money to do so. If I go to the stadium, and they tell me that I have to limit my cheering or reactions, I would not be very happy. Cmon, its football. Theyre excited. My son plays JV football right now, and there is hardly a better feeling than when the stands start to go wild. Its one game, find a way to win and lets not blame it on the noise.
[ Edited by jlb2782 on Sep 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM ]
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

Great share! Two things here:

1.) I had no idea crowd noise was something that could be penalized in the past.
2.) I had no idea that the Lions had fans.

Rare stuff in this video.
Those calling for this thread to be deleted are missing the point. No-one cares about fans being loud. With that said it is a statistical fact that the home field advantage the Seahawks have is different than any team in the NFL (and not even close). The Seaawks had a losing road record but were undefeated at home. They were not elite by any means with that variable removed. The fans are loud, but not THAT loud. The stadium is built to channel this noise onto the field. If you've ever been to that stadium you will notice this right away. The seats are literally on top of each other. People want to watch a relatively "fair" game so what is wrong with eliminating that advantage that only the Seahawks have by allowing speakers in the helmet of all offensive players. Why is it acceptable that the Seahawks opponent is physically unable to run a no huddle offense? I have no problem with the noise. Noise should be used to pump up the players and add to the atmosphere. It should not be used to prevent a team from calling plays.

Jed should've just made sure Levi stadium is built the same way as the Clink. But yes this thread is kinda embarrassing and needs to be deleted.
[ Edited by 49elite on Sep 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM ]
You reduce crowd noise by jumping on the other team, beating them down early and not letting them get back up off the mat.
Originally posted by 49elite:
Jed should've just made sure Levi stadium is built the same way as the Clink. But yes this thread is kinda embarrassing and needs to be deleted.

It's a fair question and I see no reason why it shouldn't be debated.

But no. Crowd noise is and should be part of football. Artificially enhanced stadia would need to be considered by MLB at the time of design, and approved or not according to a stated set of criteria.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49elite:

It's a fair question and I see no reason why it shouldn't be debated.

But no. Crowd noise is and should be part of football. Artificially enhanced stadia would need to be considered by MLB at the time of design, and approved or not according to a stated set of criteria.

When crowd noise gets to where the decibels are at the point that it is physically difficult simply existing in it is not only dangerous but certainly unfair and teams should be allowed special allowances to protect themselves from the effects, but still able to operate their offense. A team should not be penalized for protecting themselves.
[ Edited by WINiner on Sep 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM ]
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
indeed......somehow we need to get this video to harbs lol.

I don't think the rule is in place anymore. The original poster put in the options it was pre 2007.

Anyways, I am fine the way it is as long as these two conditions are met:

1. Teams don't pump in fake crowd noise which I think they should monitor more closely. Wouldn't be surprised if Indy, Minnesota or Seattle has done it (especially the first 2.

2. Fans aren't allowed to bring in noise making devices which so far they arent. Ex: Whistles, bullhorns, Vuvuzelas, etc
Share 49ersWebzone