There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I am about as mellow as it comes. Still waiting for your genius self to explain how a crowd produces feedback without amplification, since I am a lowly sound engineer who obviously knows less about sound pressure level and feedback dynamics than some random dumbass burger flipper who decided to reach so much higher in life to become a seahawk bandwagoner.

oh, snap
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by London_Pride:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
As a sound engineer, I would have to say so. But being a s**thawk fan I am sure you don't mind cheating as long as it helps your team win. I haven't ever noticed feedback outside of the human vocal range at arrowhead though, and since that other place is a soccer stadium and I aM a heterosexual man, I can't comment on that. Can you explain how a stadium can have feedback in the 2khz range unless they are piping in noise? I am waiting for an explanation...still.

I'm not a sound engineer, I aimed a little higher in life, so I dont know nor do I much care. You are now accusing 3 different sports teams of cheating and Guinness also being complicit in this cheating. I'm not a lawyer either but that sounds quite libellous to me. Oh and well done on the casual homophobia.

You quite obviously have no idea what a sound engineer makes, as for aiming higher in life, I aimed high enough to not be a seahawks fan which I consider quite an accomplishment seeing as how I have been witness to 5 superbowl championships by my team, instead of having to lurk on an opposing teams board whining because no one respects your fanbase.(these forums are likely as close to a championship you will ever experience) By the way, I am not a homophobe, you don't scare me in the least.



Hahaha oooo kill em memphis. Who is this scum bag to try and rag on someone's career? You probably make more than he does too.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Hahaha oooo kill em memphis. Who is this scum bag to try and rag on someone's career? You probably make more than he does too.

by all accounts london pride is a seahawks fan and a troll. every one of his posts ive seen is inciteful
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Hahaha oooo kill em memphis. Who is this scum bag to try and rag on someone's career? You probably make more than he does too.

by all accounts london pride is a seahawks fan and a troll. every one of his posts ive seen is inciteful

Yup definitely a troll
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I am about as mellow as it comes. Still waiting for your genius self to explain how a crowd produces feedback without amplification, since I am a lowly sound engineer who obviously knows less about sound pressure level and feedback dynamics than some random dumbass burger flipper who decided to reach so much higher in life to become a seahawk bandwagoner.

We only have your opinion that there is feedback, newsflash, you're not exactly the most unbiased of "experts".

You would have thought that considering the media hullabaloo about the Seahawks (and KC and Galatasaray) setting the record there would have been someone impartial somewhere pointing out this apparently obvious flaw.

All that's happening so far is you are passing of your opinion as fact, one that isnt backed up by any supplementary evidence.

Thanks for your continued personal insults by the way, I thought the rules here were to attack the post not the poster. I forgot that anyone with a contrary opinion here must automatically be a troll. It couldn't be that reasoned argument actually threatens you does it?
I am one not to challenge someone in their own area of expertise. I will however say that we better get ready to embrace the noise and channel up enough anger to knock the snot out of the Hawks when we face them if we face them. I don't see the NFL doing anything about it so we better take care of it ourselves. I actually want to see Crabtree call for more noise to incite them even more so they can see we don't care. My sentiment is that we won't hear in there so go out and hit the Hawks repeatedly so hard that they can't hear anything either. Concuss these mofos!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM ]
So you advocate injuring your potential opposition? Classy.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
My sentiment is that we won't hear in there so go out and hit the Hawks repeatedly so hard that they can't hear anything either. Concuss these mofos!

So you advocate injuring your opposition? Classy.

If you are so much better, surely you can beat them fair and square?
[ Edited by London_Pride on Dec 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM ]
Originally posted by London_Pride:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I am about as mellow as it comes. Still waiting for your genius self to explain how a crowd produces feedback without amplification, since I am a lowly sound engineer who obviously knows less about sound pressure level and feedback dynamics than some random dumbass burger flipper who decided to reach so much higher in life to become a seahawk bandwagoner.

We only have your opinion that there is feedback, newsflash, you're not exactly the most unbiased of "experts".

You would have thought that considering the media hullabaloo about the Seahawks (and KC and Galatasaray) setting the record there would have been someone impartial somewhere pointing out this apparently obvious flaw.

All that's happening so far is you are passing of your opinion as fact, one that isnt backed up by any supplementary evidence.

Thanks for your continued personal insults by the way, I thought the rules here were to attack the post not the poster. I forgot that anyone with a contrary opinion here must automatically be a troll. It couldn't be that reasoned argument actually threatens you does it?

I presented a reasonable argument but you lacked the knowledge to provide a reasonable rebuttal instead you decided to tell me that you decided to reach higher in life. I'm sorry if you can't take what you try and dish out young fellow. You just shouldn't have gone there in the first place. We will just have to agree to disagree, this time of year I don't like to have undue conflict with anyone. Maybe you should just take some advice and spend your time a little more productively than trying to fight a war you are clearly not equipped to fight.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I presented a reasonable argument but you lacked the knowledge to provide a reasonable rebuttal instead you decided to tell me that you decided to reach higher in life. I'm sorry if you can't take what you try and dish out young fellow. You just shouldn't have gone there in the first place. We will just have to agree to disagree, this time of year I don't like to have undue conflict with anyone. Maybe you should just take some advice and spend your time a little more productively than trying to fight a war you are clearly not equipped to fight.
Actually you did not present a reasonable argument at all. What you really said was "trust me I know what I am talking about." Forgive me for my hesitance to blindly follow. Numerous investigations have been made- all debunked. Would you deign to show us your credentials?
Originally posted by Shawnsim:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I presented a reasonable argument but you lacked the knowledge to provide a reasonable rebuttal instead you decided to tell me that you decided to reach higher in life. I'm sorry if you can't take what you try and dish out young fellow. You just shouldn't have gone there in the first place. We will just have to agree to disagree, this time of year I don't like to have undue conflict with anyone. Maybe you should just take some advice and spend your time a little more productively than trying to fight a war you are clearly not equipped to fight.
Actually you did not present a reasonable argument at all. What you really said was "trust me I know what I am talking about." Forgive me for my hesitance to blindly follow. Numerous investigations have been made- all debunked. Would you deign to show us your credentials?

Have there really been any investigations? I tried to research just to be fair about things, but I could find nothing on the subject one way or another. We'll just have to agree to disagree as opinions will obviously differ by fanbase, each being undeniably biased in one way or another. Continuing to argue about a moot point is an exercise in futility, it is what it is.
Originally posted by London_Pride:
So you advocate injuring your potential opposition? Classy.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
My sentiment is that we won't hear in there so go out and hit the Hawks repeatedly so hard that they can't hear anything either. Concuss these mofos!

So you advocate injuring your opposition? Classy.

If you are so much better, surely you can beat them fair and square?
I'm preaching a mindset. I'm not Greg Williams but I am saying bring the physicality to an intensity to match the noise. Come out ultra aggressive to match the holding and grabbing of the defensive backs. Feed off the hostile crowd. I advocate hitting so hard ... legally ... with the intent of busting the opponent up. This isn't a political debate ... this is football. Crack their a**** with these shoulder pads every chance we get. Smack them like there is no tomorrow. I want us to go to the CLink with a vicious intent to win and revel in the crowd noise in a mocking fashion. Show real hatred for the opponent and wrest away a cruel hard earned victory. Let them know they just played the 49ers. Leave it you to take the literal meaning of what I was saying. My example was purely figurative. We don't cheat to win because we will have already lost
Originally posted by Shawnsim:
Actually you did not present a reasonable argument at all. What you really said was "trust me I know what I am talking about." Forgive me for my hesitance to blindly follow. Numerous investigations have been made- all debunked. Would you deign to show us your credentials?

Now if you are a Hawk fan on a 9er site and a guest here might you show us your credentialing. I won't refute any of our forum members expertise that have acquired said training and experience in their field. I would be wrong to do so. I would rather learn what I can from my brethren as opposed to mocking them. As a guest you may be expected to do likewise. Now I for one could care less about the crowd noise in SEA. It is what the NFL says it is. I am more interested in my teams mindset going in. We need to go there with vicious intent to win and inflict punishment at every opportunity. Its the only way to shut up frail DBs like Sherman and to slow down Lynch and Wilson. Let that team and the fans know that no matter the noise physically it is going to be a long day
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by London_Pride:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
As a sound engineer, I would have to say so. But being a s**thawk fan I am sure you don't mind cheating as long as it helps your team win. I haven't ever noticed feedback outside of the human vocal range at arrowhead though, and since that other place is a soccer stadium and I aM a heterosexual man, I can't comment on that. Can you explain how a stadium can have feedback in the 2khz range unless they are piping in noise? I am waiting for an explanation...still.

I'm not a sound engineer, I aimed a little higher in life, so I dont know nor do I much care. You are now accusing 3 different sports teams of cheating and Guinness also being complicit in this cheating. I'm not a lawyer either but that sounds quite libellous to me. Oh and well done on the casual homophobia.

You quite obviously have no idea what a sound engineer makes, as for aiming higher in life, I aimed high enough to not be a seahawks fan which I consider quite an accomplishment seeing as how I have been witness to 5 superbowl championships by my team, instead of having to lurk on an opposing teams board whining because no one respects your fanbase.(these forums are likely as close to a championship you will ever experience) By the way, I am not a homophobe, you don't scare me in the least.



Hahaha oooo kill em memphis. Who is this scum bag to try and rag on someone's career? You probably make more than he does too.

Not to pile it on but criminal or civil prosecution of "libel" must demonstrate the attempt to injure or incite injury on a specific party with KNOWN falsehood.

I'm not a lawyer either; however, I do know my history and the precedent which made libel an offense.

So, this Memph's comment does not qualify. Sorry.
[ Edited by Geeked on Dec 18, 2013 at 6:39 AM ]
I think they should be able to wear headsets, everyone.
Originally posted by Shawnsim:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I presented a reasonable argument but you lacked the knowledge to provide a reasonable rebuttal instead you decided to tell me that you decided to reach higher in life. I'm sorry if you can't take what you try and dish out young fellow. You just shouldn't have gone there in the first place. We will just have to agree to disagree, this time of year I don't like to have undue conflict with anyone. Maybe you should just take some advice and spend your time a little more productively than trying to fight a war you are clearly not equipped to fight.
Actually you did not present a reasonable argument at all. What you really said was "trust me I know what I am talking about." Forgive me for my hesitance to blindly follow. Numerous investigations have been made- all debunked. Would you deign to show us your credentials?

LOL what? He didn't present a reasonable argument at all? Did you just come to this thread? Must have. The following is a quote from Memphis..

Well I am a sound engineer and I can tell you that the 2.5k frequency feedback I heard against the Saints (especially on third downs) is not a product of human vocal chords (Typical male voice is about 80-85 Hz on the fundamental frequency, a typical female is 165-255 Hz) . I can also tell you that the covered part of the stadium over the fan seating is clearly designed to trap and channel the crowd noise onto the playing field. So like it or not Hawker, what your fans are doing at that stadium is nothing more than any other fans could do in it. Hawks fans are nothing special like they claim to be, just another fanbase in a stadium designed to artificially enhance the normal levels of crowd noise. It is an unfair artificial advantage and if it really does get up over 125 db it is a legitimate health hazard to everyone. If you go there frequently I really suggest you wear hearing protection to avoid potential permanent hearing damage. It is worth noting that the world record for loudest human scream is 128 db @ 8 ft, for every doubling of the distance from the noise source the sound pressure levels will be lowered by 6 db. So tell me again how it is possible to hit 138 db with unaided human voices? The math just doesn't add up homie.


Memphis is the one person who has actually presented a credible and reasonable argument. It's his field of expertise, so he knows what he's talking about and he has backed it up with these sound facts and statistics. Meanwhile, you and the other Seahawk fans arguments are basically 'naw aww we're just super duper loud' and 'there have been numerous investigations proving we don't pump in noise'. Yeah I'm sure the NFL is constantly monitoring that.. Those are some great arguments from Seahawk fans.. LOL

There have been accusations of different NFL teams pumping in crowd noise, such as the Chiefs, Colts, and Redskins. I'm sure the Seahawks are legit though and completely innocent of such. Pete Carroll would never advocate such a thing with his clean history of fair play. If the NFL does not have officials who monitor the PA system, do you really there are no teams that are trying to seek an extra advantage and pump in noise? And it's funny how the Seahawks can break the record one week, then the Chiefs do it shortly after, followed by the Seahawks breaking it once again right after. I'm sure the fans somehow got louder a couple weeks later.