There are 252 users in the forums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Originally posted by London_Pride:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Easy solution is instal sound baffles to stop the noise from being directed onto the field. Like in my post earlier they are piping noise into the stadium as well, the feedback that happens there proves it, that and the fact that they regularly hit over 130Db and the human voice cannot get that loud naturally.

Can you explain how Galatasaray and the Chiefs also got well over this figure then? Did they cheat also?

As a sound engineer, I would have to say so. But being a s**thawk fan I am sure you don't mind cheating as long as it helps your team win. I haven't ever noticed feedback outside of the human vocal range at arrowhead though, and since that other place is a soccer stadium and I aM a heterosexual man, I can't comment on that. Can you explain how a stadium can have feedback in the 2khz range unless they are piping in noise? I am waiting for an explanation...still.
Noise or no noise we need to beat the chumps AT C-Link to show them the difference between boys and men.
How long has the c-link been around? And what have the Seahawks won in that time? Not much at all. Same for the chiefs. Let them have their little fun. It's always a good laugh when I see that one Seahawks fan at the bar on game day with his #12 jersey with "Fan" on the back. How silly, get a real jersey. It's also hilarious that the Seahawks pay Texas a&m every year to use that 12th man moniker
As a sound engineer, I would have to say so. But being a s**thawk fan I am sure you don't mind cheating as long as it helps your team win. I haven't ever noticed feedback outside of the human vocal range at arrowhead though, and since that other place is a soccer stadium and I aM a heterosexual man, I can't comment on that. Can you explain how a stadium can have feedback in the 2khz range unless they are piping in noise? I am waiting for an explanation...still.

I'm not a sound engineer, I aimed a little higher in life, so I dont know nor do I much care. You are now accusing 3 different sports teams of cheating and Guinness also being complicit in this cheating. I'm not a lawyer either but that sounds quite libellous to me. Oh and well done on the casual homophobia.
The thing is (And you can just ask 9ers fans who have been here) We are like the Dog Pound from days of yore. However; the entire stadium is like that as well. There is no piping or cheating. (Already been investigated and, dismissed.) We were the culprits back in the day that caused an official rule against crowd noise. Look. The crowd in Seattle is a matter of civic pride. For reference, we have caused 4 "earthquakes." Yeah I know we have no rings but, our fan-base is rabid to the core. I see a lot of sour grapes over this issue. The solution is to fall in love with your team and get the fan-base on-board. Develop the identity that you are the best fans on the planet and, let things go from there.

Calling the Seahawks cheaters because of the fans is patently ridiculous. Any fan-base in the NFL could do the same thing but, for some reason they do not. You could reap the same benefits that we do at home but, you just don't. I would suggest that you put the posting energy towards your fan base, instead of lashing out at an opposing teams fan-base. Every team in the NFL COULD have the same thing.....if they tried.

I'm not a sound engineer, I aimed a little higher in life, so I dont know nor do I much care. You are now accusing 3 different sports teams of cheating and Guinness also being complicit in this cheating. I'm not a lawyer either but that sounds quite libellous to me. Oh and well done on the casual homophobia.

You quite obviously have no idea what a sound engineer makes, as for aiming higher in life, I aimed high enough to not be a seahawks fan which I consider quite an accomplishment seeing as how I have been witness to 5 superbowl championships by my team, instead of having to lurk on an opposing teams board whining because no one respects your fanbase.(these forums are likely as close to a championship you will ever experience) By the way, I am not a homophobe, you don't scare me in the least.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Dec 17, 2013 at 6:25 AM ]
Originally posted by Shawnsim:
The thing is (And you can just ask 9ers fans who have been here) We are like the Dog Pound from days of yore. However; the entire stadium is like that as well. There is no piping or cheating. (Already been investigated and, dismissed.) We were the culprits back in the day that caused an official rule against crowd noise. Look. The crowd in Seattle is a matter of civic pride. For reference, we have caused 4 "earthquakes." Yeah I know we have no rings but, our fan-base is rabid to the core. I see a lot of sour grapes over this issue. The solution is to fall in love with your team and get the fan-base on-board. Develop the identity that you are the best fans on the planet and, let things go from there.

Calling the Seahawks cheaters because of the fans is patently ridiculous. Any fan-base in the NFL could do the same thing but, for some reason they do not. You could reap the same benefits that we do at home but, you just don't. I would suggest that you put the posting energy towards your fan base, instead of lashing out at an opposing teams fan-base. Every team in the NFL COULD have the same thing.....if they tried.

The only people who think Seattle fans are the best are...Seattle fans. You copycat aggie rip offs are generally considered obnoxious morons. If Seattle fans were such a great source of civic pride, why did you lose your NBA team to a s**thole like OKC? Take your civic pride circle jerk back to your own forums.
The only people who think Seattle fans are the best are...Seattle fans. You copycat aggie rip offs are generally considered obnoxious morons. If Seattle fans were such a great source of civic pride, why did you lose your NBA team to a s**thole like OKC? Take your civic pride circle jerk back to your own forums.

Basketball is my least favorite sport (though I did attend my share of Sonics games as a kid) but, my understanding is that Howard Schultz, Clay Bennett and the local politicians (at the time) are the reason Seattle is without a basketball team, not lack of fan support.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

Basketball is my least favorite sport (though I did attend my share of Sonics games as a kid) but, my understanding is that Howard Schultz, Clay Bennett and the local politicians (at the time) are the reason Seattle is without a basketball team, not lack of fan support.

Look at the attendance record for them. They played in the smallest arena in the NBA and had years when attendance was well below the 17k seating capacity. The team was ultimately moved because Seattle refused to fund a new up to date stadium, probably because they were strapped for cash from buildin the hawks their noisebox. So it is probably a combo of lack of interest by fans and a city not caring enough about their NBA team to pay for a new venue for the team.
Look at the attendance record for them. They played in the smallest arena in the NBA and had years when attendance was well below the 17k seating capacity. The team was ultimately moved because Seattle refused to fund a new up to date stadium, probably because they were strapped for cash from buildin the hawks their noisebox. So it is probably a combo of lack of interest by fans and a city not caring enough about their NBA team to pay for a new venue for the team.

Certainly enough blame to go around but, most Sonics fans blame the coffee mogul (who knowingly sold to a buyer whose clear intention was to move the team) and the new out of town owner (with his insincere attempt to keep the team in Seattle) and the local politicians (and their lack of action). Not much the fans could do about it.

Now, back to football noise ;-)

NO .....But Stadiums built to amplify sound should be looked at ....it's not that the seattle fans are the loudest and rowdiest bunch in the NFL ...it's no secret that stadium was built to create an advantage with the amplified sound from all the screaming cocky conceited seahack fans
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM ]

I'm not a sound engineer yet I know more about it than you do becuase I am a Seahawk fan... that is the general attitude you guys portray about everything lol. Aimed higer than an engineer? I don't think you know what an engineer of any kind is and how hard it is to become one. Hawk fans I tell ya

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Sorry man, had some bad experiences in OKC back in the 90's that have probably influenced my thoughts on the city in a negative way. An OKC cop decided that since I had long hair and worked in the music business that it would be fun to shake me down for drugs...3 hours and a missed flight later, the guy left my car all torn apart on the side of the road. Never going back to that town again. If it is any comfort to you, I live in Memphrica...
Share 49ersWebzone