There are 345 users in the forums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Ok so they become a 6-2 or 7-1 home team without the noise......

I don't understand the OP's point? So just because we hate the Seahags and just because YOU feel they are an avg team we should ban their noise? Niner fan logic slays me every time lolololol

Who knows what their record would be without the noise, my point is that it is bad for everyone exposed to it. Anything over 125 Db can cause you permanent hearing loss. Doesn't seem like the shehawks are overly concerned with the safety of its players or fans.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Ok so they become a 6-2 or 7-1 home team without the noise......

I don't understand the OP's point? So just because we hate the Seahags and just because YOU feel they are an avg team we should ban their noise? Niner fan logic slays me every time lolololol

Even a win or two is a HUGE deal. The point is the noise directly affects the game. If the offensive players can't even hear or communicate with one another, something needs to be done. Crowd noise and a hostile environment is great home field advantage as it can be intimidating for the away team. However, when that noise becomes so excessive to the point that the players can't even hear on the field, there is a serious problem and a big unfair advantage. The two teams are no longer just playing one another. The opposing team is having to play against the fans in a sense. They are directly affecting their ability to play the game as they are taking away their ability to hear and communicate. Either all stadiums in the league should be able to produce that kind of noise or all offenses should have radios in their helemts that allow them to hear the quarterback.
The NFL needs to make it a level playing field for every team. Asking people to be quiet is just dumb though. People go to football games to have fun. What the NFL needs to do is force teams with loud stadiums (Seattle) to redesign them. All stadiums should have similar decibel levels. If seattle fans want to be the loudest they should have to work for it, not rely on their stadium's acoustic properties.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
The NFL needs to make it a level playing field for every team. Asking people to be quiet is just dumb though. People go to football games to have fun. What the NFL needs to do is force teams with loud stadiums (Seattle) to redesign them. All stadiums should have similar decibel levels. If seattle fans want to be the loudest they should have to work for it, not rely on their stadium's acoustic properties.

Ya that'll happen.

It's gonna take someone suing the NFL for hearing damage for them to even pay attention to the issue.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
You've got to be kidding, what in the world do you go to a game for.

To watch it?

The answer would certainly not be to influence its outcome in some way....because then that would be cheating. I can't stand that mindset.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Even a win or two is a HUGE deal. The point is the noise directly affects the game. If the offensive players can't even hear or communicate with one another, something needs to be done. Crowd noise and a hostile environment is great home field advantage as it can be intimidating for the away team. However, when that noise becomes so excessive to the point that the players can't even hear on the field, there is a serious problem and a big unfair advantage. The two teams are no longer just playing one another. The opposing team is having to play against the fans in a sense. They are directly affecting their ability to play the game as they are taking away their ability to hear and communicate. Either all stadiums in the league should be able to produce that kind of noise or all offenses should have radios in their helemts that allow them to hear the quarterback.

I agree with the bolded part. At some point, the level of fan noise is just as disruptive of the opposing offense as throwing snowballs onto a snowy playing field which isn't allowed. I don't have a clue on how to address the problem realistically, but it is a genuine problem.
Easy solution is instal sound baffles to stop the noise from being directed onto the field. Like in my post earlier they are piping noise into the stadium as well, the feedback that happens there proves it, that and the fact that they regularly hit over 130Db and the human voice cannot get that loud naturally.
This is a stupid thread. Makes 49'er fans look like whiners. Nothing is stopping the 49er fans from being as loud as Seattle, nothing. Just looks like sour grapes when topics like this come up. Its called HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE for a reason. Nothing is stopping the engineers of the new stadium in Santa Clara from copying the designs of the stadium in Seattle. Quit with the excuses.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Roy_Otis:
This is a stupid thread. Makes 49'er fans look like whiners. Nothing is stopping the 49er fans from being as loud as Seattle, nothing. Just looks like sour grapes when topics like this come up. Its called HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE for a reason. Nothing is stopping the engineers of the new stadium in Santa Clara from copying the designs of the stadium in Seattle. Quit with the excuses.

Seattle fans must be worried. They are even creating new accounts just to complain about this.

Roy, thank you for rating this thread. Thank you for explaining to us how we can avoid looking like whiners. You are all heart.
Put muzzles on dem

This part of your post gives away your identity.
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Dec 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM ]

My point is that s**thawk fans think they are doing something special, when in fact, like their team they are artificially enhanced. Not every team feels the need to pump in crowd noise and design their playing feild so the visitors team cannot hear. s**thawk fans whine more than any other fanbase, all you have to do is go hit the .nutz site and it becomes obvious.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

My point is that s**thawk fans think they are doing something special, when in fact, like their team they are artificially enhanced. Not every team feels the need to pump in crowd noise and design their playing feild so the visitors team cannot hear. s**thawk fans whine more than any other fanbase, all you have to do is go hit the .nutz site and it becomes obvious.

it is what it is. their stadium is designed to hold in the sound. but it only holds in sound if the fans are willing to take advantage of it. they were loud in the kingdome too. its also been over 10 years in that stadium, teams are free to replicate it.
Easy solution is instal sound baffles to stop the noise from being directed onto the field. Like in my post earlier they are piping noise into the stadium as well, the feedback that happens there proves it, that and the fact that they regularly hit over 130Db and the human voice cannot get that loud naturally.

Can you explain how Galatasaray and the Chiefs also got well over this figure then? Did they cheat also?
Originally posted by London_Pride:

Can you explain how Galatasaray and the Chiefs also got well over this figure then? Did they cheat also?
LondonHawk, you are back! Enjoy that game at Candlestick?
Share 49ersWebzone