LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Why isn't Cam Newton dominant anymore?

Shop 49ers game tickets
He was never dominant. From seeing him play, he doesn't seem like he takes the game seriously enough. He cares more about how nice his celebrations look.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Per stats or eye test?

Both. 5000 total yards in a rookie season on the worst team in the league and people HERE of all places find ways to pick on him. Unreal.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Per stats or eye test?

Both. 5000 total yards in a rookie season on the worst team in the league and people HERE of all places find ways to pick on him. Unreal.

I know, right? Crazy what people pick on around here!
isnt being used correctly. If Netwon was an Eagle he would be beastly
his coach said they were too conservative last week so maybe we will see a change soon
Per stats or eye test?

My sarcasm meter is beeping loudly for some reason..........
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
he use to like being on top, but lately, it seems he prefers to be on the bottom...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
his coach said they were too conservative last week so maybe we will see a change soon

They're expected to get loose and liberal against those Bills
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Per stats or eye test?

I just don't think he was dominant. Ever. A few good games, too many ints, relied on for goal line carries hy design, etc, etc. he has the talent to be dominant and he may yet be. But I don't think that he has been yet.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
I don't understand it at all. I remember the kid taking the league by storm in his rookie year, in fact, he was the only reason why the Panthers were anything decent. I remember when the 49ers picked Kaepernick about a round after Newton, I was describing him to my friends as a "Poor mans Cam Newton." Haha, oh boy how little did I know, now I would take Kaepernick any day over Newton.

My question is, however, with strikingly similar intangibles to our guy Colin, why isn't Cam Newton dominant like he once was. Are defenses doing something to him that they aren't doing to Kaep? Is he a lot worse than we all realized? Is he trying too hard? Or does his team suck really bad? I honestly have no clue, but I want to see what the WZ thinks. Have at it.

wow I really think you have to watch some more ball son. He may not be a Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Brees dominant but the kid is pretty damn good given his supporting cast. He has 1 good WR but his TE drops way too many balls or his talent. His O-line is always beat up. If you watched the game last week his WR's dropped a lot of deep balls. He doesn't suck check the stats and educate yourself in some football knowledge:

2011: pass: 4,051 21/17 rushing: 706 14

2012: pass: 3,869 19/12 rushing: 741 8

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Per stats or eye test?

I just don't think he was dominant. Ever. A few good games, too many ints, relied on for goal line carries hy design, etc, etc. he has the talent to be dominant and he may yet be. But I don't think that he has been yet.

I've had NFL Rewind for the last few years and I've watch most of his games. I totally agree that he has never been dominate. But I also think IMO that if he had gone to the Niners or Seahawks or a similar team, he'd be a very good(Maybe dominate) QB. Impressive stats his first couple years but if you'd watch the games you see he makes way too many mistakes. The games they did win were the one where his stats were the least impressive but his mistakes were low. He does have the physical tools to be dominate.
he was never dominate. Just black and overrated. (rg3)
He's got all the tools but Kaepernick has better accuracy and IMO, a better head on his shoulders. Cam has a tendency to pout, doesn't seem like the most mature guy or great leader really.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
isnt being used correctly. If Netwon was an Eagle he would be beastly

Oh, he'd be an outstanding fit in Chip's offense......bricks would be shat indeed.
Why isn't he dominate?? I wonder why. He has an old ass Steve Smith and a worthless DeAngelo Williams. Give this guy some weapons and an offensive minded head coach and see what happens. How many close games have the Panthers lost in the 4th quarter by less then 7 points? Ron Rivera is a moron and can never make the right adjustments and calls when it comes to crunch time. I still think he will have a good year because that defense has vastly improved though. But it certainly doesn't help when you got guys like Brandon LaFelloff.
Share 49ersWebzone