Why isn't Cam Newton dominant anymore?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
when was he dominant?

That one play. 'member?

I wonder how he managed to put up 4000 yards passing in just one play? Did he actually score 35 total touchdowns in one play too?
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
when was he dominant?

That one play. 'member?

I wonder how he managed to put up 4000 yards passing in just one play? Did he actually score 35 total touchdowns in one play too?
I was messing around, dude. But I will answer anyway: He didn't.

4000 yards with 60% completion, 21 TDs, 17 Ints, and a huge shout out to Steve Smith. 2011.

DOMINATION?
35 total touchdowns and almost 5000 total yards on a last place team. His performance in his rookie season was absolutely amazing.
Camcuses?

Troll on!
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
35 total touchdowns and almost 5000 total yards on a last place team. His performance in his rookie season was absolutely amazing.

Per stats or eye test?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
if cam had brady quinn's body, he'd be brady quinn. they both have questionable, qb brains.
I think he'll improve, but I disagree that he was ever "dominant."

but... but... the dazzling stats put up. Stats > Wins.
Cam Newton and Steve Smith celebrate after every first down, every catch, any positive yards. Even when the game is close, or even when they are losing the game, they ass-clown around. Players like that never become great. I don't know if it's karma or a loss of focus, or overconfidence, but players who celebrate after every little play are rarely on winning teams.

He was dominant for a rookie on a s**tty ass team. But he has not improved much since, thus, he doesn't get much love anymore.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He was dominant for a rookie on a s**tty ass team. But he has not improved much since, thus, he doesn't get much love anymore.

Check the game logs.... even assuming that 16 games is enough for a player to be "dominant" (which is a foundational concept that I disagree with), I don't see a pattern of dominance. Indeed, only 3 games with more than 300 yards...and 0 100 yard rushing games.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Sep 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM ]
NFL defenses adjusted to him, and he hasnt been able to adjust back.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Check the game logs.... even assuming that 16 games is enough for a player to be "dominant" (which is a foundational concept that I disagree with), I don't see a pattern of dominance. Indeed, only 3 games with more than 300 yards...and 0 100 yard rushing games.

I said dominant for a ROOKIE. Especially one on NFL's worst team. Yeah he was inconsistent, but he was a rookie. There are NFL QBs starting today that are more inconsistent then that (Romo for example). "Only three, 300 yard games..." That is a lot for a rookie on the s**ttiest team the year prior.

STATS:

310/517 (60% completion)
4,051 yards (7.8 YPA)
21 TD passes
17 INT
84.5 rating
sacked 35 times
760 yards rushing
14 rushing TDs
5.6 YPC

These are amazing stats for a rookie. He hasn't lived up to the hype he created in his rookie year.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 12, 2013 at 4:32 PM ]
meh. He's no Kaepernick.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Sep 12, 2013 at 5:03 PM ]
meh. He's no Kaepernick.

lol nobody is. Its great to be a niner fan!
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone