There are 177 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rank all 32 NFL QB's

Originally posted by WINiner:
Philip Rivers is flat out bad.

26 TDs and a QB rating a hair under 90 is "flat out bad" nowadays? His numbers have fallen off a bit but he has still played well for the most part. He is making more mistakes though...probably because he's always coming from behind. The game gets a lot easier when you don't have to throw for 4000 yards and 30TDs each season.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

26 TDs and a QB rating a hair under 90 is "flat out bad" nowadays? His numbers have fallen off a bit but he has still played well for the most part. He is making more mistakes though...probably because he's always coming from behind. The game gets a lot easier when you don't have to throw for 4000 yards and 30TDs each season.

Expect in the 4th quarter, when his passing rating is below 70.

So yes, that does make him bad.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Originally posted by Niners99:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Peyton Manning
4. Tom Brady
5. Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by sspiker:
1. Rodgers
2. Manning
3. Brady
4. Ryan
5. Kaepernick

Originally posted by GoldBlooded:
1. Rodgers
2. P. Manning
3. Brady
4. Brees
5. E. Manning
6. Ryan
7. Kaepernick

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. P. Manning
4. Brees
5. Kaepernick

^All of these lists I find myself nodding my head at (only looked at first page of thread).

So my question to ya'll who seemed to go through this with some thought, most having kaep in the 7-5 range, hypothetically - what would Kaep have to do to top your list?

For me, obviously more starts. I mean, we need a season to really slate him in with the top-10 (not that he's not obviously a top ten, but to frame an argument, I almost think he should be ineligible until he completes a season.... maybe even 2! Kind of like how Rogers kicked around the 5-7 age early in his career before taking the #1 spot from Brady/Manning (who'v held it for the better part of a decade).

He still has a lot to prove in my mind. He'll inevitably have a bad game this season, and then there's the mid-to-late season slumps that a lot of QBs have. I'm curious how he'll bounce back.

We still don't even know what he is! I almost felt like after watching last weeks game that Keap WANTS to be a 400 yard passer, not a 250 pass/ 150 rush QB. Ideally that question should remain for as long as possible!

Kap can move up in the top 5 by winning a SB obviously, but also just continuing to get better as the others get older. Brady, Brees, and Manning will all probably be retired within the next 5 years. It'll just be down to Kap and Rodgers, with Luck and Ryan behind them.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

LOL
1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Peyton Manning

3. Tom Brady

4. Drew Brees

5. Colin Kaepernick

6. Matt Ryan

7. Eli Manning

8. Andrew Luck

9. Russell Wilson

10. Tony Romo

11. Matthew Stafford

12. Cam Newton

13. Robert Griffin III

14. Ben Roethlisberger

15. Matt Schaub

16. Joe Flacco

17. Andy Dalton

18. Jay Cutler

19. Alex Smith

20. Sam Bradford

21. Philip Rivers

22. Josh Freeman

23. Michael Vick

24. Carson Palmer

25. Ryan Tannehill

26. E.J. Manuel

27. Christian Ponder

28. Jake Locker

29. Brandon Weeden

30. Terrelle Pryor

31. Chad Henne

32. Geno Smith
  • mod
  • Veteran
  1. Peyton Manning
  2. Aaron Rodgers
  3. Drew Brees
  4. Tom Brady
  5. Colin Kaepernick
  6. Russell Wilson
  7. Eli Manning
  8. Matt Ryan
  9. Andrew Luck
  10. Ben Roethlesberger
  11. Robert Griffin III
  12. Cam Newton
  13. Tony Romo
  14. Matthew Stafford
  15. Andy Dalton
  16. Matt Schaub
  17. Alex Smith
  18. Joe Flacco
  19. Philip Rivers
  20. Sam Bradford
  21. Jay Cutler
  22. Michael Vick
  23. Carson Palmer
  24. Josh Freeman
  25. Ryan Tannehill
  26. Terrelle Pryor
  27. EJ Manuel
  28. Chad Henne
  29. Christian Ponder
  30. Jake Locker
  31. Brandon Weeden
  32. Geno Smith
  • mod
  • Veteran
Kap can move up in the top 5 by winning a SB obviously, but also just continuing to get better as the others get older. Brady, Brees, and Manning will all probably be retired within the next 5 years. It'll just be down to Kap and Rodgers, with Luck and Ryan behind them.

... no wilson?
Originally posted by GEEK:

Exactly. Anyone who watches him knows it's not out of the ordinary for him to throw multiple TDs in the first 3 quarters and then end up throwing a game losing pick in the 4th.
Originally posted by GEEK:

hmm...he has a higher 4th quarter rating than Alex Smith in 2012. Would you say Smith is "bad" too? Conversely, Cam Newton has a 94.8 4th quarter rating.
Originally posted by Janitor:
lol why are people ranking Henne? He's not even the starter for the JAGS

Yes he is.

No he's not. Go on their website and check the depth chart. Gabbert is the starter, he just banged up his finger. I think he's in this week.
  • mod
  • Veteran
lol why are people ranking Henne? He's not even the starter for the JAGS

Yes he is.

No he's not. Go on their website and check the depth chart. Gabbert is the starter, he just banged up his finger. I think he's in this week.

because Henne will be the starter by the end of the season... he'll also be competing with Johnny manziel for the starting job next year.
Originally posted by mod:
because Henne will be the starter by the end of the season... he'll also be competing with Johnny manziel for the starting job next year.

teddy bridgewater
hmm...he has a higher 4th quarter rating than Alex Smith in 2012. Would you say Smith is "bad" too? Conversely, Cam Newton has a 94.8 4th quarter rating.

So now, passer rating means something when it works to fit certain agendas?

As it is... why not specify the 4th quarter ratings? I'll do it for you.

Smith 4th quarter = 67.4
Rivers 4th quarter = 67.8

Rivers with 8 INTs... Smith with 2 INTs

4th quarter... 3rd quarter... 15 INTs on the year for Rivers.. 8 of them in the 4th. He also had 7 fumbles lost. In the last two seasons, he has been responsible for 47 turnovers. Those can just about kill the SD chances to win at any point, but in-game circumstances obviously vary.

I think it's fair for people to put both QBs in the same general range and for different reasons, though I wouldn't. Rivers just turns the ball over too much for me... but some folks want the bigger production despite the excess turnovers. To each his own. QB rankings outside of the top 4 (elites) and the bottom 3rd tier (below average) are likely all over the place for fan opinion.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
So now, passer rating means something when it works to fit certain agendas?

As it is... why not specify the 4th quarter ratings? I'll do it for you.

Smith 4th quarter = 67.4
Rivers 4th quarter = 67.8

Rivers with 8 INTs... Smith with 2 INTs

4th quarter... 3rd quarter... 15 INTs on the year for Rivers.. 8 of them in the 4th. He also had 7 fumbles lost. In the last two seasons, he has been responsible for 47 turnovers. Those can just about kill the SD chances to win at any point, but in-game circumstances obviously vary.

I think it's fair for people to put both QBs in the same general range and for different reasons, though I wouldn't. Rivers just turns the ball over too much for me... but some folks want the bigger production despite the excess turnovers. To each his own. QB rankings outside of the top 4 (elites) and the bottom 3rd tier (below average) are likely all over the place for fan opinion.

hahahahahahaha
The "bad" Rivers statline today:

36/47 428 yards 3TDs 0INT 124.3 Rating and the W.

He has 7TDs 1INT QB Rating: 110 this season.

Yea... he's terrible
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home