There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rank all 32 NFL QB's

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
What has Vick done post prison to warrant praise though? He had a huge half of a season a couple years ago, but he doesnt stay healthy, and is far too turnover prone. Not to mention hes old. At this point I think Smith is the better QB. I probably wouldve ranked Smith over Rivers too had he not shown a pulse on Monday Night. Up until the end of last season he was total garbage.

Vick has played at a higher level. He has reached heights Alex has yet to reach. Not to mention going into Green Bay in the playoffs and beating them back when they were unbeatable at Lambeau.

Rivers is also better.

I have no clue what age has to do with anything. You're either better or you're not.

What has Vick done? What has Alex done?

lol youre using an example from a million years ago when he was young. Hes old now, and cant stay healthy. He turned the ball over so much the Eagles actually turned to the likes of Kevin Kolb and Nick Foles. Vick had to win his job over Foles this preseason. Alex Smith was playing the best football of his career when he got hurt last year.

Seems like you havent been paying much attention the last couple years...Rivers was HORRIBLE last year. Hes barely a top 25 QB anymore. Alex Smith might not be throwing for 300-400 yds, but he doesnt have chronic injury problems, or turn the ball over. Hes not decidedly better than the other 2, but theyre in the same group now.

Don't get him started again on Alex Smith! Oh well it's too late......

Its not even a pro Alex Smith angle, its an anti Michael Vick and Philip Rivers one. They arent good QB's anymore.
Its not even a pro Alex Smith angle, its an anti Michael Vick and Philip Rivers one. They arent good QB's anymore.

I feel the same way about Smith, so...here we are. Opinions, opinions...
I only rank 10 because they don't matter past that:

1. A-Rod
2. Peyton
3. Brees
4. Kap
5. Brady
6. Ryan
7. Eli
8. Luck
9. Wilson
10. RG3
I like Kaep but there is no way he is better than Brady. Not yet.
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Colin Kaepernick
6. Andrew Luck
7. Matt Ryan
8. Eli Manning
9. Robert Griffin II
10. Russell Wilson
11. Tony Romo
12. Cam Newton
13. Joe Flacco
14. Ben Roethlisberger
15. Andy Dalton
16. Alex Smith
17. Matthew Stafford
18. Matt Schaub
19. Jay Cutler
20. Carson Palmer
21. Michael Vick
22. Phillip Rivers
23. Sam Bradford
24. Ryan Tannehill
25. Terrell Pryor
26. Josh Freeman
27. Christian Ponder
28. EJ Manuel
29. Jake Locker
30. Chad Henne
31. Geno Smith
32. Brandon Weeden
Brady
Alex
Kaep
The rest
Kaep...

....The best of the rest

2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Peyton
5. Brees
6. Luck
7. RG3

The rest of No1Curr...

Homer....? Yes I am
lol why are people ranking Henne? He's not even the starter for the JAGS
1. Colin Kaepernick
2. BJ Daniels
3. Colt McCoy
4-32. no1curr

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Peyton Manning
4. Tom Brady
5. Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by sspiker:
1. Rodgers
2. Manning
3. Brady
4. Ryan
5. Kaepernick

Originally posted by GoldBlooded:
1. Rodgers
2. P. Manning
3. Brady
4. Brees
5. E. Manning
6. Ryan
7. Kaepernick

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. P. Manning
4. Brees
5. Kaepernick

^All of these lists I find myself nodding my head at (only looked at first page of thread).

So my question to ya'll who seemed to go through this with some thought, most having kaep in the 7-5 range, hypothetically - what would Kaep have to do to top your list?

For me, obviously more starts. I mean, we need a season to really slate him in with the top-10 (not that he's not obviously a top ten, but to frame an argument, I almost think he should be ineligible until he completes a season.... maybe even 2! Kind of like how Rogers kicked around the 5-7 age early in his career before taking the #1 spot from Brady/Manning (who'v held it for the better part of a decade).

He still has a lot to prove in my mind. He'll inevitably have a bad game this season, and then there's the mid-to-late season slumps that a lot of QBs have. I'm curious how he'll bounce back.

We still don't even know what he is! I almost felt like after watching last weeks game that Keap WANTS to be a 400 yard passer, not a 250 pass/ 150 rush QB. Ideally that question should remain for as long as possible!
[ Edited by stillpans4gold on Sep 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. P. Manning
4. Brees
5. Kaepernick

This, but only because of experience.

If you were to ask me which player Id take, if I could pick any one player to start a new franchise with, i'd take Kap.

Philip Rivers is flat out bad.
Originally posted by Janitor:
lol why are people ranking Henne? He's not even the starter for the JAGS

Yes he is.