LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Mathews Fine $$$$$

Shop 49ers game tickets
So when is it coming? The league has already started handing out the fines starting with low hanging fruit Suh...The sooner the better...Dont forget about those B@tt packers that cleared the bench too
ESPN ticker reads he was fined $125K
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

He should be suspended for at least one game as well.
thanks Merton!

125K is nothing to Matthews. He should have been suspended 1 game without pay. He would have lost a lot more money, and the NFL would have sent a message that those kind of blatant cheap shots will not be tolerated.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Where did you read or see that?
Thank you JerryRice1848...Much appreciated. Makes me feel a little better now...I will wait to see the headlines...Unfortunately he will likely appeal the fine, but I dont think he has much ground to stand on IMO...It was like watching Superman flying (body is parallel with the ground with his arm extended right for Kapernicks neck/head area).
Originally posted by SofaKing:
125K is nothing to Matthews. He should have been suspended 1 game without pay. He would have lost a lot more money, and the NFL would have sent a message that those kind of blatant cheap shots will not be tolerated.

Agreed! The real way to send a hard clear message of intolerance for those kind of cheap hits...
125k is a hefty fine. Even if it is small compared to his salary, it's enough to make a guy like Mathews think twice before making cheap shots.
Hits out of bounds happen all the time. A fine would suffice, no suspension needed.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Hits out of bounds happen all the time. A fine would suffice, no suspension needed.

The suspension is because he punched Staley in the face twice. He should have been immediately ejected.
  • thl408
$125K is a fine fine. It was a deliberate hit out of bounds, but it wasn't a head shot or knee shot. No suspension is warranted.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I am pretty sure he hasn't been fined yet.
I see no fine issued on NFL.com or ESPN.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Totally agree, especially when you blatantly SAY you're going to do it.
Share 49ersWebzone