There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Philadelphia Eagles......New Chip Kelly Offense

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
lol guess you missed the point. Not surprised. Ok you guys are right, this offense will be useless by week 3. haha

s**t changes dudes. If he loses Vick and they have a bad season, that has nothing to do with the success of this offense. Long term you will see Kelly is an innovator and will keep adding to this thing. The Oregon team he created from nothing into a powerhouse.

The players lover playing for this dude, the whole team was having a blast. FA will want to come here.

That would be Mike Bellotti.

good discussion. I am glad we had the chance to discuss new things in depth like this.
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
Stanford shut Oregon down last year. 17-14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4yWeOyins

This, with a strong front 7 and a ball control offense, you can definitely shut down that offense. Its great for highlights and winning meaningless games but there's a reason Chip never won a national championship despite have loaded rosters over and over and over again.


I'll also put this out there, Philly's defense is weak, they are primed for getting lit up by a half-competent offense which the Redskins weren't last night.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
Stanford shut Oregon down last year. 17-14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4yWeOyins

This, with a strong front 7 and a ball control offense, you can definitely shut down that offense. Its great for highlights and winning meaningless games but there's a reason Chip never won a national championship despite have loaded rosters over and over and over again.


I'll also put this out there, Philly's defense is weak, they are primed for getting lit up by a half-competent offense which the Redskins weren't last night.

Of course you can shut it down with a great front 7 and not missing assignments, SF is a team built like that. There are a few teams who could shut this down. But the point of the thread is the offense in general, not will it win a Super Bowl, will it be successful in year one, if one guy gets injured, etc. And besides, not winning a championship doesnt mean it doesnt work or he isnt a good coach. Levy never won a championship and he is a great coach.
Vick was already limping last night, DJack has had a history with staying unhealthy, and for their sake McCoy better stay healthy. Those three players are a must to remain and stay healthy. I would not trust a Riley Cooper, Jason Avant, Bryce Brown, and Matt Barkley trying to lead that offense this year.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Vick was already limping last night, DJack has had a history with staying unhealthy, and for their sake McCoy better stay healthy. Those three players are a must to remain and stay healthy. I would not trust a Riley Cooper, Jason Avant, Bryce Brown, and Matt Barkley trying to lead that offense this year.

All good points. Because unlike the Eagles, if we lost Kaep, Gore and Boldin we would still operate like a finely tuned machine. LOL
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Vick was already limping last night, DJack has had a history with staying unhealthy, and for their sake McCoy better stay healthy. Those three players are a must to remain and stay healthy. I would not trust a Riley Cooper, Jason Avant, Bryce Brown, and Matt Barkley trying to lead that offense this year.

All good points. Because unlike the Eagles, if we lost Kaep, Gore and Boldin we would still operate like a finely tuned machine. LOL

We would.




A finely tuned machine that can't score points!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Vick was already limping last night, DJack has had a history with staying unhealthy, and for their sake McCoy better stay healthy. Those three players are a must to remain and stay healthy. I would not trust a Riley Cooper, Jason Avant, Bryce Brown, and Matt Barkley trying to lead that offense this year.

All good points. Because unlike the Eagles, if we lost Kaep, Gore and Boldin we would still operate like a finely tuned machine. LOL

Yeah but when have all three players been known to miss significant time from injury? Vick and DJack has been known for that as well of McCoy (one of my favorite players in the league) for last year.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
All good points. Because unlike the Eagles, if we lost Kaep, Gore and Boldin we would still operate like a finely tuned machine. LOL

Kaepernick didn't take half the shots that Vick did last night, some of them were self-inflicted as after ALL this time, that moron still hasn't figured out that its unwise for a 210 pound quarterback to run right into a 250 pound linebacker charging at him with a full head of steam. If Vick is still healthy by Week 8, I'll be absolutely amazed.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by boast:
for all of the haters of the new Philly O, the bottom line is that the Eagles won.

Love the Offense but I don't think Vick is the best guy for it. He takes way too long to find the open receivers. That offense is the best thing ever for McCoy.

better than any of the other options they had to choose from.

They could have had Alex.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
All good points. Because unlike the Eagles, if we lost Kaep, Gore and Boldin we would still operate like a finely tuned machine. LOL

Kaepernick didn't take half the shots that Vick did last night, some of them were self-inflicted as after ALL this time, that moron still hasn't figured out that its unwise for a 210 pound quarterback to run right into a 250 pound linebacker charging at him with a full head of steam. If Vick is still healthy by Week 8, I'll be absolutely amazed.

man you guys are so parochial.

I am not saying anything about Vick. I could give a s**t less about Vick. Is he injury prone? Yes. Will he last the season? Nothing to indicate why he would.

I am discussing this "new" offense and is it sustainable. Kelly brought something new last night that flashed explosiveness. He will obviously need the right folks to run it. But it looks like it will have success, players will want to come there, etc. Teams will always figure out ways to stop it. The good coaches find ways to adjust. Kelly did that at Oregon.

[waits for another vick will be injured post...]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
lol guess you missed the point. Not surprised. Ok you guys are right, this offense will be useless by week 3. haha

s**t changes dudes. If he loses Vick and they have a bad season, that has nothing to do with the success of this offense. Long term you will see Kelly is an innovator and will keep adding to this thing. The Oregon team he created from nothing into a powerhouse.

The players lover playing for this dude, the whole team was having a blast. FA will want to come here.

That would be Mike Bellotti.

good discussion. I am glad we had the chance to discuss new things in depth like this.

Mike Bellotti, Uncle Phil, the Nike marketing/product design, etc, etc. He took it to the next level, but I wouldn't say Oregon went from nothing to a powerhouse because of him.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
All good points. Because unlike the Eagles, if we lost Kaep, Gore and Boldin we would still operate like a finely tuned machine. LOL

Kaepernick didn't take half the shots that Vick did last night, some of them were self-inflicted as after ALL this time, that moron still hasn't figured out that its unwise for a 210 pound quarterback to run right into a 250 pound linebacker charging at him with a full head of steam. If Vick is still healthy by Week 8, I'll be absolutely amazed.

man you guys are so parochial.

I am not saying anything about Vick. I could give a s**t less about Vick. Is he injury prone? Yes. Will he last the season? Nothing to indicate why he would.

I am discussing this "new" offense and is it sustainable. Kelly brought something new last night that flashed explosiveness. He will obviously need the right folks to run it. But it looks like it will have success, players will want to come there, etc. Teams will always figure out ways to stop it. The good coaches find ways to adjust. Kelly did that at Oregon.

[waits for another vick will be injured post...]

I thought NE already stole it and did it, with worse WR's of course.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,186
Originally posted by Joecool:
I thought NE already stole it and did it, with worse WR's of course.

Hey don't ruin the narrative with facts!
Chip Kelly couldn't have went to a better team. It was pretty fun to watch
I am not saying it will not be successful. I just do not think it will be this year (especially with a 53 man roster with 46 active players on gameday opposed to most college teams that double that amount during the regular season). He is going to have to build this team around it and I think it will be challenging for him to do.