There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Philadelphia Eagles......New Chip Kelly Offense

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
So did you happen to see the game this past Sunday, the one where the Packers often went hurry-up/no-huddle, only had the ball for a grand total of 21 minutes yet still managed to score 4 TDs on the 49ers D? The "the Smiths were hurt" excuse doesn't work now...they're going to have to get a lot better vs up-tempo offenses. On the bright side at least now the 49ers look to have an offense that can keep pace.

The 4TD's weren't due to hurry up but Aaron Rodgers making some great passes. Frankly, after playing against the Patriots and watching the Eagles, I'd say the Packers no-huddle kinda sucks.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I remember when they said the internet wasn't here to stay. I remember when they said the read option wouldn't work in the NFL. Wake up dudes, times are changing. That offense will work and will get better as he installs more of it.

You guys mentioning injuries, go check the Oregon team. They were always healthy. This offense is about space, not crashing into everyone. Unless they blow out a knee of have a heart attack, they will be fine.

That's because Oregon isn't playing against NFL quality hitters in every game. Vick and McCoy got banged up and were limping around IN THE VERY FIRST GAME.

Vick also doesn't slide... so that's just a matter of time.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
One thing I would like to steal? That flash card play calling where they hold up pictures on the sideline. That would be perfect for a week like this against Seattle. Wouldnt even do it all the time, just for a few specific fake noise games.

We do a bit of that already with personnel groupings for offence and defence. I've seen coaches holding up cards that say "RAZOR" or "ZEB" or "LEO" during games last year and also once this preseason. I don't think the staff would want to alter their play-calling/personnel method but I agree, it does cut down on time. The sacrifice is that the opponent has the opportunity to spy the cards and determine your personnel groupings just as fast as you deploy them.
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
I remember when they said the internet wasn't here to stay. I remember when they said the read option wouldn't work in the NFL. Wake up dudes, times are changing. That offense will work and will get better as he installs more of it.

You guys mentioning injuries, go check the Oregon team. They were always healthy. This offense is about space, not crashing into everyone. Unless they blow out a knee of have a heart attack, they will be fine.

That's because Oregon isn't playing against NFL quality hitters in every game. Vick and McCoy got banged up and were limping around IN THE VERY FIRST GAME.

Vick also doesn't slide... so that's just a matter of time.

One player getting injured isnt the issue. Remember, he drafted Barkley knowing the vision of his offense. He doesnt need Vick longterm..but right now he is just the best option. Open your eyes bro.

Team wide, its about space so injuries wont be an issue.
I really enjoyed watching that offense in the first half, particularly because it made the Foreskins look bad!

I still can't believe they ran the play with the tackles split out with the receivers!
  • fryet
  • Veteran
One thing I wonder about is if the fast pace hurts the offense when it comes to adjusting to a defense. If the defense overloads a side, pre-snap, can the fast-paced O adjust? The 49ers have multiple options pre-snap, so if one play doesn't fit what the defense is showing, the offense can switch to a different play. I doubt Philly has 2 plays called in the huddle.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

What does Oregon being a relatively healthy team have to do with the Eagles? Did you not see Vick last night limping around in the second half?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
One player getting injured isnt the issue. Remember, he drafted Barkley knowing the vision of his offense. He doesnt need Vick longterm..but right now he is just the best option. Open your eyes bro.

When that one player is the starting QB it is a big issue. And there is a reason Barkley was a 4th round pick after being projected #1 overall the year before.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
So did you happen to see the game this past Sunday, the one where the Packers often went hurry-up/no-huddle, only had the ball for a grand total of 21 minutes yet still managed to score 4 TDs on the 49ers D? The "the Smiths were hurt" excuse doesn't work now...they're going to have to get a lot better vs up-tempo offenses. On the bright side at least now the 49ers look to have an offense that can keep pace.

The 4TD's weren't due to hurry up but Aaron Rodgers making some great passes. Frankly, after playing against the Patriots and watching the Eagles, I'd say the Packers no-huddle kinda sucks.

Okay, glad you've got it figured out. I was at the game and 49ers players were visibly gassed on many occasions. Granted, it was hot, and Rodgers is a great QB, but doesn't change the fact they were sucking wind. On some of the no-huddle plays all the DL weren't even set and the ball was already being snapped.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Sep 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
Won't last. Injuries will catch up with them. New England ran more plays this weekend. Next....
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Won't last. Injuries will catch up with them. New England ran more plays this weekend. Next....

Eagles had a big lead at half and went back to a more traditional offense in the third qtr.
Originally posted by Jcool:

When that one player is the starting QB it is a big issue. And there is a reason Barkley was a 4th round pick after being projected #1 overall the year before.

lol guess you missed the point. Not surprised. Ok you guys are right, this offense will be useless by week 3. haha

s**t changes dudes. If he loses Vick and they have a bad season, that has nothing to do with the success of this offense. Long term you will see Kelly is an innovator and will keep adding to this thing. The Oregon team he created from nothing into a powerhouse.

The players lover playing for this dude, the whole team was having a blast. FA will want to come here.
trade them LaEmo for a 7th rounder
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
lol guess you missed the point. Not surprised. Ok you guys are right, this offense will be useless by week 3. haha

s**t changes dudes. If he loses Vick and they have a bad season, that has nothing to do with the success of this offense. Long term you will see Kelly is an innovator and will keep adding to this thing. The Oregon team he created from nothing into a powerhouse.

The players lover playing for this dude, the whole team was having a blast. FA will want to come here.

That would be Mike Bellotti.
Preety fun offense to watch but I do not see them playing with that speed, intensity, and remaining healthy for the next 15 games. I am wondering how the team will look by week 10. Got to look at it like this... The more plays you run, the more wear and tear on your offense. If you are going to run this offense then you better have quality depth. If you run about 80 plays per game (ran 77 last night) times 16 games, then you are talking about a rough number of 1,280 plays for the regular season. Imagine how much wear and tear that will bring not only to the skill players but for the offensive lineman. I could be wrong but this is just my assessment.