There are 254 users in the forums

Philadelphia Eagles......New Chip Kelly Offense

Shop 49ers game tickets
If anyone thinks Vick can survive this offense theyre f*ckin deluded. Pick up Nick Foles in your fantasy leagues fellas, he will be starting soon.
that offense is amazing...but what i took away from it...is the amount of plays runned...too many I think the second half was more the Eagles O tired not sputtered....takes too much energy to run constantly
Originally posted by 5280High:
If anyone thinks Vick can survive this offense theyre f*ckin deluded. Pick up Nick Foles in your fantasy leagues fellas, he will be starting soon.

This X 10.

Not only are most of the plays read option, but their no huddle allows them to call more plays.

This is like RGIII times a hundred. They will have their fun with it for a while, but EVENTUALLY, Vick WILL get hurt. I almost feel sorry for Vick. Kelly doesn't seem to understand what he is getting himself into.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
that offense is amazing...but what i took away from it...is the amount of plays runned...too many I think the second half was more the Eagles O tired not sputtered....takes too much energy to run constantly

That's how they were in college, they basically try to exhaust the other team. It's going to look great until they wear their own players down with fatigue and injuries. Does Kelly think this stuff will work in the playoffs?
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

I've never seen an NFL running back have so much space to run. Those holes were massive. Makes our smash-mouth style look downright claustrophobic by comparison. The Eagles will need to draft HB's and QB's for depth though. Both Vick and McCoy took a pounding. Running twice as many plays means taking twice as many hits. Neither guy is really built for that.
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
I've never seen an NFL running back have so much space to run. Those holes were massive. Makes our smash-mouth style look downright claustrophobic by comparison. The Eagles will need to draft HB's and QB's for depth though. Both Vick and McCoy took a pounding. Running twice as many plays means taking twice as many hits. Neither guy is really built for that.

That's the only way that offense can work. If they have multiple players that can run it. I bet you they would LOVE to have BJ Daniels as a backup.
they cant go 120 MPH the entire game ,,,sooner or later they will need to slow it down, especially when they play from behind ...but I liked what I saw in the 1st half, seems to me they took their foot off the gas pedal in the 2nd and allowed the Skins to creep back into it
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Can our D match their fast paced offense?

Are you kidding me - this can't be serious.

So did you happen to see the game this past Sunday, the one where the Packers often went hurry-up/no-huddle, only had the ball for a grand total of 21 minutes yet still managed to score 4 TDs on the 49ers D? The "the Smiths were hurt" excuse doesn't work now...they're going to have to get a lot better vs up-tempo offenses. On the bright side at least now the 49ers look to have an offense that can keep pace.
LMJ owns their playbook
There's film on their 1st half now...if RG III wasn't coming off an injury I think he leads the 'Skins to a comeback victory. Playing at that pace is taxing...for both Philly's offense and the opposing defense. The key for teams they play is to not get too far behind and they can have the offensive advantage in the 2nd half. Kelly's offense is new, it's exciting, but defenses will eventually catch up to it. Best thing about it is it gets McCoy into open space...and he did a lot of damange.

Harbaugh & staff are familiar with this style of play from the Stanford vs Oregon games... Perhaps an advantage!
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
for all of the haters of the new Philly O, the bottom line is that the Eagles won.

True, but I think the post-game hype has been way overblown. The offense was allowed to be so prolific because the Redskins offense was horrible in the first half. They turned the ball over, constantly put their defense in bad positions and never gave the defense a chance to catch its breath. The Eagles could care less about time of possession, they want to run as many plays as possible as quick as possible and score as fast as possible, yet they dominated the time of possession in the first half. That's not going to happen every week, not to mention that even with all of the success of the offense, by the end of the night, Vick looked like it was the end of Week 11, not Week 1. If he takes that many hits every game, Foles or Barkley will be playing by Week 5.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:

That's the only way that offense can work. If they have multiple players that can run it. I bet you they would LOVE to have BJ Daniels as a backup.

I really hope we see a huge run on speed-option players and smaller faster defenders in the draft. The Kenyon Barners and De'Anthony Thomas' of the world will shoot up draft boards and large defensive linemen will become a thing of the past. That should make our physical running style even more effective.

Oddly enough, I think Philly runs over the NFC East and scares the league enough that a few great big defensive linemen fall. Hopefully (and yes, I know it's total pipe), Clowney falls out of the top 5 and we can trade up. The knock on him seems to be endurance so maybe a few teams pass on him.
[ Edited by Young2Rice4TD on Sep 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM ]
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
Harbaugh & staff are familiar with this style of play from the Stanford vs Oregon games... Perhaps an advantage!

Stanford shut Oregon down last year. 17-14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4yWeOyins
I remember when they said the internet wasn't here to stay. I remember when they said the read option wouldn't work in the NFL. Wake up dudes, times are changing. That offense will work and will get better as he installs more of it.

You guys mentioning injuries, go check the Oregon team. They were always healthy. This offense is about space, not crashing into everyone. Unless they blow out a knee of have a heart attack, they will be fine.
Share 49ersWebzone