LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Panthers DE Frank Alexander being ejected

Shop 49ers game tickets
Why was he ejected for throwing a punch and Mathews was not for going after Colin out of the football field?
[ Edited by kazak13 on Sep 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM ]
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000240073/article/carolina-panthers-frank-alexander-ejected-after-punches
  • sfout
  • Veteran
The refs were caught off-guard by the entire incident. They clearly got lost because of how badly they screwed up the flags and calling the play. I saw Matthews throw punches as well, don't be surprised to see him get a fine upwards of $40,000 for it the entire incident.

The refs were terrible, not once did they call taunting on Matthews even with him jawing at Kaepernick and doing his sack dance directly towards Kap. Yet Lavelle Hawkins drew a taunting penalty for bumping helmets with his college teammate in a preseason game.

The NFL downgraded Levy's crew for their terrible performance. That should tell you how badly the game was officiated.
This is why the NFL officiating is stupid. You can have the exact same play in the same game or another game and it won't always get called. I just depends on what the ref is feeling at the time.

Too much subjectivity in the rules. Goldilocks' dirty play and punching were worse then what the panther did. I bet if that was anyone but Mathews they would have been gone.

Bowman got a 15 yarder for just talkng s**t.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This is why the NFL officiating is stupid. You can have the exact same play in the same game or another game and it won't always get called. I just depends on what the ref is feeling at the time.

Too much subjectivity in the rules. Goldilocks' dirty play and punching were worse then what the panther did. I bet if that was anyone but Mathews they would have been gone.

Bowman got a 15 yarder for just talkng s**t.

What exactly did Bowman say and to whom?
Matthews is somewhat of a star, Alexander is not.
That bowman flag was also ridiculous . The refs kept the packers in that game, plain and simple. I thought it was the super bowl all over again with the biased calls.
No wonder Harbros goes apey.

40K is tipping money with the amount of $ they make in one season.
Share 49ersWebzone