There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Super Bowl Halftime Show

Originally posted by xtm059:
I dont understand the shock that people are displaying. I had to look up who he was.

Maybe the rest of us just have better taste in music.

Edit: I'm 25.

I think Bruno Mars sucks, but who are you to say your music is better than anyone else's?
They are saying it's going to be too cold to do some of the things they want to do at halftime.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am old school and wish they would bring back a classic rock band like journey or acdc. i think even the kids would like that if they were like mine and were raised on classic rock.

Well they did it with The Rolling Stones and that was just flat out horrible...90 year old dudes running around in tight leather pants singing to little girls who weren't even born yet when their first album came out, I wasn't either.

But yah, I'm with you, would love to see Journey!!!!!
I like the Bruno Mars pick if you see some of his live performance he is pretty good.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
i am old school and wish they would bring back a classic rock band like journey or acdc. i think even the kids would like that if they were like mine and were raised on classic rock.

Well they did it with The Rolling Stones and that was just flat out horrible...90 year old dudes running around in tight leather pants singing to little girls who weren't even born yet when their first album came out, I wasn't either.

The Who played in 2010, Bruce Springsteen played in 2009, Tom Petty in 2008, As you said The Rolling Stone in 2006, & Paul McCartney in 05. Journey isn't relevant enough anymore to ever play the Superbowl + their lead singer is just some guy they found on youtube, who pretty much just copies Steve Perry.
WhoTF chooses to not go to a Super Bowl in their home town because of who the halftime show is? That's some s**t a woman would say!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:

The Who played in 2010, Bruce Springsteen played in 2009, Tom Petty in 2008, As you said The Rolling Stone in 2006, & Paul McCartney in 05. Journey isn't relevant enough anymore to ever play the Superbowl + their lead singer is just some guy they found on youtube, who pretty much just copies Steve Perry.

I still thought Journey was pretty good, even with the Filipino lead singer, they came to Hawaii and sold out for two days. But your probably right, it wouldn't be right without Steve Perry.
Who is Bruno Mars. I am totally serious, never heard of him. I guess I will have to you tube ... sometimes I feel so old. It guess that will be the time I get up and walk the dogs during the SB.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I still thought Journey was pretty good, even with the Filipino lead singer, they came to Hawaii and sold out for two days. But your probably right, it wouldn't be right without Steve Perry.

maybe when we host the super bowl and esp if we play in it, journey could play the pre game at least. and to me that would be a perfect time for a journey reunion with perry. that could be super bowl worthy esp in the bay area?
Should of got Jay Z!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
WhoTF chooses to not go to a Super Bowl in their home town because of who the halftime show is? That's some s**t a woman would say!

Let's just SAY it's between seattle (God forbid) and the pats. I wouldn't even waste $10 on a ticket to drive an hour to sit in a cold stadium to see that. To each his own.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Linkin Park would've been a good half time show too, something to keep the crowd pumped.
Linkin Park would've been a good half time show too, something to keep the crowd pumped.

Now that could be a halftime show I might actually watch...but it will never happen in the New & Improved feminized NFL.

But Bruno Mars? No thanks, I'll stick to my usual either go do some gambling if I'm at a SB party up in Reno or watch the Puppy Bowl if I'm at home.
I just heard he was gonna do a song with his cousin Fernando Uranus.