There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cougar's Revenge

Well, I will flatly state that I hate the ravens and the Cougar's Revenge, by Claude Balz, came true tonite for a team that beat us our last time out. Also of note, is that Peyton threw for 7 TDs, or almost 1/3 of what Alex threw either last yr or his partial yr 17 TDs, 5 INTs. And Peyton threw 1/3 as many TDs as that in one lousy game against the team that just beat us in the SB, just 5 short mos ago . No bad feelings towards alex, but should we get lucky enough to get to the SB, we will be facing a guy who just threw 7 TDs against the team that beat us in the SB. Zowie!

Another takeaway is that with all the personnel changes, and ESPN rating Ravens as 5th in Power rankings....well, somebody didn't pay attn. to who and how many guys the Ravens lost. And Denver as 3rd or 4th in power ratings with NE second shows somebody else wasn't paying attn. It also shows how valid the power rankings are. I'm not sure where we are, nor SEA, but my guess is they are NOT #1 in power rankings as many have stated. I think the team in Orange tonite may be the #1. Just in your mind imagine Patton being #83 Orange....they sure look the same over the middle on third and 8.

Also, Ravens are a good team, and John H a great coach. But they got their azzes kicked by a mule tonite, and it uncovers some real problems in both lines, the D backfield, LBs, jeez, seemingly everything. Kinda wonder how the Ravens front office and fans are feeling over that $22 mil/yr QB contract? Personally, I would be hacked off, because sure the guy beat us, but he ain't anywhere near that good. Those huge QB contracts are just going to have to come down...sometime...Question is how? Or when. Did Flacco look like a $22Mil man tonite? Nah, I didn't think so either. And how many talented Ravens couldn't be kept on the team because of Flacco's incredibly inflated contract? Answer: a lot...too many.

Which brings us to the 49ers. I think without a doubt, early in season, O has a huge advantage over D. Peyton and Ravens pretty well proved that. Also, Ravens DIDN'T have Anquan Boldin active tonite...wonder where he went? And did they miss him? Bet your bippy they did. Having 2 great TEs is a monster advantage, and guess what, we do...vance and Vernon. As for having a guy who can get the 1st down on the OOB line with a jump ball pass, I noted that Flacco didn't have that play in his playbook....oh, that's right , we do. And precisely for that reason, I expect our O to look something like Denver's tonite with 4 or 5 great targets, and we will have : Boldin Patton Vance Vernon Baldwin....and that doesn't even account for moore or kyle, plus hunter of frank out of backfield. For the first time in over 13 yrs we are starting the season with a ton of great ball catchers, regardless of position...lots of guys for Kap to throw to. I sure hope it works out like it looks on paper.

Lastly, I sure hope coach H and roman were watching the OC (or relay man) calling (in) plays on the field THE MOMENT THE BALL WAS BLOWN DEAD. That is a huge advantage for peyton, and that no huddle with a guy like him makes the Denver O almost indefensible as the game wears on. Coach , again, I sure hope you were watching.
So that's the end of the saga about Cougar's Revenge, by Claude Balz....except the Ravens were poor old Claude tonite.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM ]
wall of text in niner talk
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Well, I will flatly state that I hate the ravens and the Cougar's Revenge, by Claude Balz, came true tonite for a team that beat us our last time out. Also of note, is that Peyton threw for 7 TDs, or almost half of what Alex threw either last yr or his partial yr 17 TDs, 5 INTs. And Peyton threw 1/3 as many TDs as that in one lousy game against the team that just beat us in the SB, not 5 mos ago . No bad feelings towards alex, but should we get lucky enough to get to the SB, we will be facing a guy who just threw 7 TDs against the team that beat us in the SB. Zowie!

Another takeaway is that with all the personnel changes, and ESPN rating Ravens as 5th in Power rankings....well, somebody didn't pay attn. to who and how many guys the Ravens lost. And Denver as 3rd or 4th in power ratings with NE second shows somebody else wasn't paying attn. It also shows how valid the power rankings are. I'm not sure where we are, nor SEA, but my guess is they are NOT #1 in power rankings as many have stated. I think the team in Orange tonite may be the #1. Just in your mind imagine Patton being #83 Orange....they sure look the same over the middle on third and 8.

Also, Ravens are a good team, and John H a great coach. But they got their azzes kicked by a mule tonite, and it uncovers some real problems in both lines, the D backfield, LBs, jeez, seemingly everything. Kinda wonder how the Ravens front office and fans are mulling over that $22 mil/yr QB contract? Personally, I would be hacked off, because sure the guy beat us, but he ain't anywhere near that good. Those huge QB contracts are just going to have to come down...sometime...Question is how?

Which brings us to the 49ers. I think without a doubt, early in season, O has a huge advantage over D. Peyton and Ravens pretty well proved that. Also, Ravens DIDN'T have Anquan Boldin active tonite...wonder where he went? And did they miss him? Bet your bippy they did. Having 2 great TEs is a monster advantage, and guess what, we do...vance and Vernon. As for having a guy who can get the 1st down on the OOB line with a jump ball pass, I noted that Flacco didn't have that play in his playbook....oh, that's right , we do. And precisely for that reason, I expect our O to look something like Denver's tonite with 4 or 5 great targets, and we will have : Boldin Patton Vance Vernon Baldwin....and that doesn't even account for moore or kyle, plus hunter of frank out of backfield. For the first time in over 13 yrs we are starting the season with a ton of great ball catchers, regardless of position...lots of guys for Kap to throw to. I sure hope it works out like it looks on paper.

Lastly, I sure hope coach H and roman were watching the OC (or relay man) calling (in) plays on the field THE MOMENT THE BALL WAS BLOWN DEAD. That is a huge advantage for peyton, and that no huddle with a guy like him makes the Denver O almost indefensible as the game wears on. Coach , again, I sure hope you were watching.
So that's the end of the saga about Cougar's Revenge, by Claude Balz....except the Ravens were poor old Claude tonite.
+1
ditto?
Whaaaaaa ummmmmmm

Cougar?

claude balz...I see what you did there
No idea what this Cougar thing is either...
I know cogans revenge with clint eastwood. Although I just got home from the bar so that might be wrong too. The ravens shouldn't have won the superbowl and until the end of time there will only be one joecool. and he's not an a*****e in baltimore!
Lulz two great tight ends
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
ditto?

Great post
It isn't that the broncos were so great, it was the ravens sucking so bad. The defense of the ravens played like total s**t, soft coverage, bad angles, missed tackles. It didn't hurt my feelings to see their 20 million a year qb sucking balls. The broncos better find a running game as well, one dimensional teams historically do not do well, especially ones with old qbs, even if it is Payton Manning. They have been saying that Mannings arm is back, but he was floating some Shawn Hill ducks last night. I don't see the broncos as the team to beat, anyone with a good pass rush is gonna give them problems.
Without looking, didn't Flacco throw to the tune of 340 yards? He certainly didn't suck. Raven's secondary look like the real problem. Manning took advantage of that in a big way.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Without looking, didn't Flacco throw to the tune of 340 yards? He certainly didn't suck. Raven's secondary look like the real problem. Manning took advantage of that in a big way.
You have to look past the line score, Flactard was missing his receivers the whole third quarter, while the game was being decided.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Whaaaaaa ummmmmmm

Cougar?

I'm holding on too tight. Lost the edge. I'm sorry, sir.