Shop 49ers game tickets
Even if Paton
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Best game for a QB possibly ever?

better than 6 TDs in a Super Bowl? i think not
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
7 TDs

yeah his arm strength is terrible

He didn't do those with strength. He did it with accuracy.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Even if Paton

This
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
7 TDs

yeah and who cares, 7 tds
  • Dino
  • Veteran
He's aight...

lol
Awful QB. Tonight proved nothing.

Seriously though , great performance but a lot of momentum swings in this one.

And while he might be engineered to be the greatest qb of all time, I think he has left trophies on the table for whatever reason.
Originally posted by NinerDan:
I've watched Peyton closely since his return (and rejecting the niners). He has definitely lost arm strength. All his throws are floaters and he can only push down field sporadically. If he gained any strength back it is marginal. What it really shows is what an amazingly accurate passer he is. He compensates for lack of zip for perfectly timed and placed floaters. He's like an old flame all pitcher who's lost ten MPH off his pitches but has pinpoint location. He's looking fine tonight but there were a few chances downfield that he couldn't make. Still an above average QB but no longer top 3 to me.

Looks at box score...

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
7 TDs

His arm looks real weak. I give him till game 8 before those fluttering balls begin to bite DEN in the ass. By week 12, his arm will be done. He actually floated a few back shoulders way short of the mark. That throw should never be a floater to begin with.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM ]
His throws definitely hang in the air. For him to continue putting up monster stats just shows what a great QB he is. Still has tremendous accuracy and anticipation.

• Garce
  • Veteran
bout to cop me some Louis Paton
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
by nfl standards, his arm strength is now below average. he absolutely knows how to use it, though. he'll have a hard time making it through the season without getting really banged up; he's old and not resilient.
Originally posted by xcfan:
by nfl standards, his arm strength is now below average. he absolutely knows how to use it, though. he'll have a hard time making it through the season without getting really banged up; he's old and not resilient.

Not resilient? When did he miss a game before the neck-thing?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Best game for a QB possibly ever?

lol no.

Id say throwing 6 TD passes in the Super Bowl is better than throwing 7 in week 1.
Lol
Share 49ersWebzone