Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
meh he wasn't nothing special
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by cciowa:
ok, i understand those two guys are much better than last year and really, i can not recall who our backups were last year for aldon and brooks. i guess the injuries and the drop off in production, esp aldon, really makes me put this area under a microscope... so and i am sorry for acting stupid but believe me it is not an act... So right now we have two guys as backups to aldon and brooks? thats it? and in your opinion is that normal or typical for teams to carry two backup outside linebackers?? thank you,, i am sorry for asking but really need to have this explained to me so I know whether or not I am concerned for no reason, thank you cc

Yeah I would think 4 is pretty standard for OLBs in a 3-4 base, remember this team has only carried 3 under the Harbaalke era so they are actually addressing the depth issue. And the Aldon Smith issue from last year was blown out of proportion, no he didnt register a sack but he still had 20+ QB pressures over that 5 games span. He was in the backfield ALLOT but trying to sack Wilson, Rodgers, Ryan, and Flacco was the difference....Good QBs that know how to avoid sacks with their quick release and decision making.
i really appreciate you taking time and having the patience with me to answer these things. I can take being called chicken little etc cuz i know what type of a poster i am and what i can become without my restraints but I am really trying to understand our situation and trying to prepare for any possible bad thing down the road. since posters like you and others have a better knowledge of the x and o's of the game and how things work, i really appreciate you taking the time to hold my hand like a little boy and guide me through stuff. your thoughts and others make me feel a bit better
Originally posted by Sf49ers303:
We are not a charity we can not just give them the game!!! -mike singletary hahahaha

LOL!
for a 7th rounder?..
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by socalniner:
haha trading away our pass rushers! hope we get more than a 7th this time

Lol. That's what we got.

I just don't get it. Didn't we pick him in the 7th? So the first year he's injured, then shows tremendous promise his 2nd year, so we trade him for a seventh? Weird.

What are the chances we get a 7th rounder as productive as Cam? I can't wait to use that pick on another Jason Slowley.
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Sep 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM ]
I really don't like giving away depth, but I'll take solace in the fact that Cam has never shown anything aside from in the Chargers' game.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Is Skuta that much better on ST? I think Cam had a higher ceiling at OLB in comparison to Skuta.

Affirmative Action...
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Going all in for Clowney!
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
I just don't get it. Didn't we pick him in the 7th? So the first year he's injured, then shows tremendous promise his 2nd year, so we trade him for a seventh? Weird.

What are the chances we get a 7th rounder as productive as Cam?

BY "productive," do you mean poor run defense and one game of successful pass rushing against a rapidly declining has been? He looked like he was improving, but he hadn't produced anything yet, and he was a waste of space on STs. Would not suit this year without 1, maybe 2 injuries at OLB.
For the Colts, this doesnt sound like great news for Bjoern Werner. They spent a 1st to pair him up with Mathis. That must not be going so great for them. Carradine was FSU's top pass rushers, not Werner.

Don't worry, Trent got the talented guy a round later, but we'll throw our OLB fodder your way for a draft pick.

The Colts have appear to be desperate to improve their pass rush. Hopefully Trent squeezed a good deal out of this situation.

Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by socalniner:
haha trading away our pass rushers! hope we get more than a 7th this time

Lol. That's what we got.

What are the chances we get a 7th rounder as productive as Cam?

Better than releasing him and getting nothing. I like to think 7ths are more valuable to use to move around up in the 5th or 6th rounds than they are to actually pick players with.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Cooper22:
for a 7th rounder?..

Link?

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet The deal that sent LB Cam Johnson to the Colts brought the #49ers back a 7th rounder, which Johnson was last year.

just WOW....any team would LOVE for their 7th round pic to show that much potential....ours did, and we trade him for another 7th round pick.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Cooper22:
for a 7th rounder?..

Link?

per Ian Rapoport..

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet7m
The deal that sent LB Cam Johnson to the Colts brought the #49ers back a 7th rounder, which Johnson was last year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
yeah, the only thing worse than a perceived overreaction is the very real overreacting to the initially perceived overreaction.

This, +1
well i am at least trying to look at it both ways and not get to nuts
This gives us like 15 picks next year. Holy damn that's a lot of ammo to move up.
Share 49ersWebzone