There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cam Johnson being traded to Colts???

A bit of a shame, but something is better than nothing.
Originally posted by cciowa:
if losing two guys in a area that was a huge hole for us last year, comes back to bite us in the ass, then the coach and front office deserve everything that will get tossed at them in my opinion. these guys like playing russian roulette and some day it may blow up in their face

It wasn't a hole. And it's still not. We're still stronger than last year. Much stronger.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
People realize this was the plan all along right? There was no way we could keep 5 OLBs all season and they didnt want to release Cam and get nothing.

5280, you are smart.. ok so what exactly do we have in regards to back up backers should aldon and or brooks go down. I know we got skuta and the lemon man but what else . i know its better than last year with f**king higgins/huggins, whoever the f**k but what exactly is the plan do you think if we suffer a repeat of smith and brooks getting hurt?
I thought the kid balled out in the last game ?

Oh and like Hawkins, he also got a game ball. There we go folks, the "Kiss of death" theory is definitely confirmed now !!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
if losing two guys in a area that was a huge hole for us last year, comes back to bite us in the ass, then the coach and front office deserve everything that will get tossed at them in my opinion. these guys like playing russian roulette and some day it may blow up in their face

It wasn't a hole. And it's still not. We're still stronger than last year. Much stronger.
it was a hole last year, why do you think smith and brooks had to play when they were hurt?
Damn...f**k it...In Harbaugh I still trust...
He's a 7th round pick that never would've got on the field. Cam just had the the game of his life, so his trade value is at an all time high. I'm hoping we'll get a 5th for him (6th likely). Essentially, he was a bubble guy that earned us a higher pick. With Lemonier, Cam just would never get significant playing time.
Honest question: Did Cam Johnson have any trade value prior to the Chargers game?

I feel strongly that he would have been released if not for that unbelievable single-game performance -- which has now produced a draft pick for us. I'm okay with this, we just have to ensure a healthy rotation amongst our front-7. Operation: Stay Healthy!!!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Dirty??

"Hey Cam, would you rather ride the bench and probably not dress or go to a team where you have a legitimate shot at significant playing time?"

so now, we are a charity?

We are not a charity we can not just give them the game!!! -mike singletary hahahaha
Wow, last years draft REALLY sucked.
5280, you are smart.. ok so what exactly do we have in regards to back up backers should aldon and or brooks go down. I know we got skuta and the lemon man but what else . i know its better than last year with f**king higgins/huggins, whoever the f**k but what exactly is the plan do you think if we suffer a repeat of smith and brooks getting hurt?

You answered your own question, we have Skuta and Lemonier. We cant play the what if game, ok what if 2 OLBs get hurt, what if 2 WRs get hurt, what if the special teamer we cut to make room for both Cam and Harper would of made a tackle during the superbowl and save a return TD. Hindsight is always 20/20, all the staff can do is position themselves to be as prepared as possible for the events to come.

Cam would of never dressed this year, and injuries didnt preclude Brooks & Aldon starting every game in the post season. In the end its just math, we had 5 players for 2 OLB starting spots, compared to 5 players for 3 WR starting spots. Plus injuries to receivers have been this teams problem not OLBs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Wow, last years draft REALLY sucked.

you said nothing wrong usually when you have a disaster draft like that, it sets back your team. sounds like we could be an exception to that rule but lets never do that type of a draft again! i am very very pleased with the guys from this years draft and how they have produced for us.
I really hope we got more than a 7th for him ... he cost us a 7th and a lot of coaching.
I'm okay with this .... Cam wasn't all that well liked, until the Chargers game. He'll do good things in Indy.
Ive been a Cam Johnson fan since before we drafted him but this is a great move by the FO. Chances are he was going to be inactive come game day anyways. This guy was on the verge of being cut just a few weeks ago and through his hard work managed to make the 53 man roster. Unfortunately for him we bulked up there this offseason with Lemonier and Skuta. But he is being rewarded for his hard work by going to a team who made the playoffs last year and should only get stronger. 9ers benefit by getting a conditional that should be higher than the 7th we used on him last year. Good for the 9ers, good for Cam Johnson.