There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cam Johnson being traded to Colts???

Originally posted by pdizo916:
This team....I don't know, man.

We still have 4 good ones. We'll be fine.
haha trading away our pass rushers! hope we get more than a 7th this time
The special teams better be much improved this year, or Seely should have some explaining to do. There's a few guys on this roster who are on here only for their ST role. And if the coverage units are this year what they were last year, I'm gonna be pissed.

Because there's been some talent let go from the roster at the expense of guys who are ST only players.

And for those who think getting rid of the 5th OLB is "no big deal", ask the Giants about how important pass rushers are. You can never have enough.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Sep 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM ]
Originally posted by socalniner:
haha trading away our pass rushers! hope we get more than a 7th this time

Lol. That's what we got.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Ugh. This has to be better than a seventh. Why not just cut or trade Stupar since we already enough depth at ILB?
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Yes, but what? This is our SB run, which means you may just need the depth in the long haul. WE are only making our team weaker, if losing this guy by adding a late rd pick.

He himself was a late round pick. Alfred Morris was a late round pick. I mean for a team that is as stacked as ours, facing good problems like "who do we cut when our players get healthy, they're all too good to lose". Do you not think we have depth? Cuz 10LBs were on the 53, 9 now tht Cam was traded
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's official now, MM says the Colts have announced Johnson.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-49ers-trade-johnson-colts
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Dirty??

"Hey Cam, would you rather ride the bench and probably not dress or go to a team where you have a legitimate shot at significant playing time?"

so now, we are a charity?

We're not?? Then we should quit GIVING these other teams such an a** beating.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
not a big fan of depleting our depth in a area that was a crying need last year, ok we still got the lemon man and skuta but we got rid of two guys who could help in a glaring need. if we trade him, that puts the nail in the coffin of the disaster draft we had last year. I just hope this team is not setting themselves up for a repeat of last year when two guys went down and still had to play due to lack of depth. the lemon man had better be the real deal and skuta, while i know he will do well in special teams, had better learn to adapt to his new role of outside backer in a hurry. i am calm but i am also shaking my head at this. i was told by many posters not to worry about losing haralson because we got cam. well now what is the company line?
People realize this was the plan all along right? There was no way we could keep 5 OLBs all season and they didnt want to release Cam and get nothing.
Great another 7th round pick we will cut next year. What do they see in Stupar that I don't? Cut him, keep an extra pass rusher.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if losing two guys in a area that was a huge hole for us last year, comes back to bite us in the ass, then the coach and front office deserve everything that will get tossed at them in my opinion. these guys like playing russian roulette and some day it may blow up in their face
Originally posted by cciowa:
if losing two guys in a area that was a huge hole for us last year, comes back to bite us in the ass, then the coach and front office deserve everything that will get tossed at them in my opinion. these guys like playing russian roulette and some day it may blow up in their face

This s**t is hella pissing me off. Trading an OLB with potential for an unknown commodity.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The trade is for a conditional draft pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/02/colts-acquire-cam-johnson-from-49ers/
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home