There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cam Johnson being traded to Colts???

Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I am not a fan of trading Cam for what was reported.

Just because I agree with the trade doesn't mean I think we got what cam was worth. Cam should've garnished us a 5th and Haralson a 6th at least. The problem was where they were on the depth chart. Teams knew that Smith Brooks and Lemonier were locks. We could've kept cam but really how good would've have been to our team?
How much can a 7th rounder second year player with an injury history and 0 stats to his professional career be worth? We got boldin for a 6th and traded haralson for a 7th. Dunno how you can justify a second year player who hasn't played a down to get more than that
Yeah... I remember this guy... remember how awesome he was last year?! Oh and never mind the injuries (sickle cell issue) and/or the fact that he either A. Takes plays off... a lot, and rarely is consistent or B. His health issues keep him from going hard consistently every down... HE WAS A 3rd STRING OLB!!!! He was not getting on the field before Lemonier. If we get a bag of chips in return we're doing pretty good!

I liked Cam Johnson when we drafted him... I still think he has potential, but I don't think he will EVER live up to it. IMO he was playing for a spot on the roster against the Chargers and he knew it. He gave his best effort of his career and it was against guys who are now bagging groceries.

I think this absolutely was the case of selling high... Johnson's worth will never be any higher than it is now. I haven't seen a specific draft pick, my guess is it's tied to what he does in Indy... and that will eventually net us a very late round pick, because he won't do much.

I like it... and I like Harper. He may not make an impact... I don't know, but I feel the exact same way about Johnson, so to get Harper AND a draft pick is a plus IMO.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
You do know he and Fleming were on IR last year right?

Relax man he's a 7th rounder who had one good game against 3rd and 4th stringers
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Something like 36% of the Seahawk's roster is UDFAs. There is talent towards the bottom (or outside) of the draft.

Yep. Now all Baalke and Jim need to do is work the PEDs into the off season workout program.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
has cciowa had an heart attack yet lol?
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THE 9ERS ARE TRADING AWAY THEIR ONLY DECENT PLAYER FROM THE 2012 DRAFT?? WOW IT BETTER BE A 3RD ROUNDER OR ELSE!!

or else what? You stop posting? Good you are doing us a favor
We didn't get enough here in return IMO. We could have played this for more IMO. I don't like this move at all.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THE 9ERS ARE TRADING AWAY THEIR ONLY DECENT PLAYER FROM THE 2012 DRAFT?? WOW IT BETTER BE A 3RD ROUNDER OR ELSE!!

I'll never stop posting. Cam Johnson was a 3rd round talent who dropped because of non football issues. However in the last 3 preseason games, I loved the way he got after the QB pushing the outside pocket and IDC if it was against 3rd stringers, he's worth more than a 7th man get real.
not happy about this
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We didn't get enough here in return IMO. We could have played this for more IMO. I don't like this move at all.

Yeah that was the point. It's not about his past...he is a developed player NOW who had 5 sacks and produced VERY well on ST who costs nothing and was trained by a great coaching staff. A favorite of Fangio at a premier position on a 3-4 defense. If you don't get your price, keep him and watch him excel on ST and develop for another year and get your price or dump Skuta for him after also learning the ILB position. If Aldon had 5 sacks in pre season against any competition his 1st year we would be slogging his knob...oh wait!
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM ]
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

I'll never stop posting. Cam Johnson was a 3rd round talent who dropped because of non football issues. However in the last 3 preseason games, I loved the way he got after the QB pushing the outside pocket and IDC if it was against 3rd stringers, he's worth more than a 7th man get real.

he was the MVP of our preaseason. I cant believe they delt him. Especially after last years depth problems at OLB
I remember the times when we fans thought we'd have a good year because the team and players looked good against 3rd and 4th stringers. I trust Fangio and Tomsula on this one. It's not as if Baalke just decided to trade Johnson without consulting the coaching staff, it's more the other way round,
Originally posted by jreff22:
Will Skuta be active?

I believe so. He was signed to be a core special team player.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I am not a fan of trading Cam for what was reported.

Just because I agree with the trade doesn't mean I think we got what cam was worth. Cam should've garnished us a 5th and Haralson a 6th at least. The problem was where they were on the depth chart. Teams knew that Smith Brooks and Lemonier were locks. We could've kept cam but really how good would've have been to our team?
How much can a 7th rounder second year player with an injury history and 0 stats to his professional career be worth? We got boldin for a 6th and traded haralson for a 7th. Dunno how you can justify a second year player who hasn't played a down to get more than that

boldin was going to be cut to conserve cap.. The 49ers could've kept cam if they wanted but there wasn't a need for a 2nd situational passrusher which is why he was traded. we could've cut one of our ilbs but chose not to. Cam flashed some outstanding pass-rushing ability which IMO could've fetched a 5th round pick had he not been stuck behind so much talent
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Great another 7th round pick we will cut next year. What do they see in Stupar that I don't? Cut him, keep an extra pass rusher.

You do realize Cam himself was a 7th round pick? Also, Bruce Miller was a 7th round pick.

I don't like the move nor do I understand, but they coach for a living and I work a 9 to 5, so I expect that they will see things in players that none of us will.