There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cam Johnson being traded to Colts???

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Something like 36% of the Seahawk's roster is UDFAs. There is talent towards the bottom (or outside) of the draft.

Only with PEDs
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Originally posted by redrathman:
I love the outrage over a seventh round pick that had one good showing in the fourth game of the preseason.

Listen closely: You're not a General Manager. You're a fan with limited knowledge of the inner workings of the team.

I truly hate posts like this.

I'll be happy to call you out next time you post "your opinion" regarding anything football related. By your logic, posters don't have a right to comment on scheme, roster talent, roster moves and pretty much anything other than the color of the new stadium. After all, its all part of the "inner workings" and none of us are GMs, Coaches or even players at the NFL level.....

Maybe we should change the site to 49ers Tailgating Secretes, since that's the only thing we are really qualified enough to talk about.

I see misguided opinions based off poor knowledge and irrational emotional attachment.

I want you to look back through my post history on the zone and find an incorrect talent assessment. You'll find I don't make grandiose positive statements about unproven players because doing so is ignorant to the talent evaluation process of professionals.

When I see a poster specifically call out both Harbaugh and Baalke for their talent evaluation, I find it utterly hilarious that they believe their own opinion is of higher quality than the people the 49ers have hired at millions of dollars per year.

You're a hobbyist and they're professionals. Get over it.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by mayo49:
what did we get?

Conditional seventh rounder.

Thats it? Seems kind of s**tty. If the whole point is to look for late round gems...and we probably had one, why trade it away for noting better?

Your right. Don't know what to say.

We traded a 7th rounder that we didn't need today for a 7th rounder we might need tomorrow. One that we could possibly package into a higher pick.

assuming that pick works out

That's part of the risk.

I'm totally down with this. Cam was going to provide nothing for the team this year. So trade him for the chance to get someone who might next year.

I get your logic but couldn't Cam develop into a viable ST option down the road? I think we was/will be better than Skuta so why throw away the higher-younger-cheaper upside?
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Cam was going against a OL in Maxx Starks that was past his prime and just playing Matador in pass protection

Some posters act like we don't have pass rushers Aldon, Brooks, not to mention Carradine and watch lemonhead come into his own
Guess it may be time to move this thread to NFL Talk soon
I GUESS 5 SACKS, A BLOCKED PUNT AND A TD ISN'T ENOUGH FOR HARBAUGH.!
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Cam was going against a OL in Maxx Starks that was past his prime and just playing Matador in pass protection

Some posters act like we don't have pass rushers Aldon, Brooks, not to mention Carradine and watch lemonhead come into his own

Wrong...he also had a 4th down sack to preserve a win and multiple QB pressures. I believe he also was at the top of the list for these as well. Then he also blocked a punt, score a TD and played well on coverage units. So again, what more can the guy do? And who played better with his opportunities? He was also pretty stout against the run.
Two Words! Tank Carradine

/thread

Well to be fair

I think of tank as Justin Smith's eventual successor

Yes though, Lemoneer and Skuta are fine OLB depth though
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I GUESS 5 SACKS, A BLOCKED PUNT AND A TD ISN'T ENOUGH FOR HARBAUGH.!

That all was against Starks though!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Something like 36% of the Seahawk's roster is UDFAs. There is talent towards the bottom (or outside) of the draft.

Only with PEDs

what did we get?

Conditional seventh rounder.

Thats it? Seems kind of s**tty. If the whole point is to look for late round gems...and we probably had one, why trade it away for noting better?

Your right. Don't know what to say.

We traded a 7th rounder that we didn't need today for a 7th rounder we might need tomorrow. One that we could possibly package into a higher pick.

assuming that pick works out

That's part of the risk.

I'm totally down with this. Cam was going to provide nothing for the team this year. So trade him for the chance to get someone who might next year.

I get your logic but couldn't Cam develop into a viable ST option down the road? I think we was/will be better than Skuta so why throw away the higher-younger-cheaper upside?

Because a draft pick doesn't count against your 53 man roster. We likely would have had to drop him later on when we had players coming back.
Pretty disappointed in the crap compensation we've gotten on these last two trades.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Guess it may be time to move this thread to NFL Talk soon

Put it next to the Kory Sheets, Nate Davis, Troy Smith, Nate Byham, Bear Pascoe, Phillip Adams, Dominique Zeigler, Jason Hill, Arnaz Battle, Scott McKillop, Diyral Briggs, and J.T. O'Sullivan threads.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Wrong...he also had a 4th down sack to preserve a win and multiple QB pressures. I believe he also was at the top of the list for these as well. Then he also blocked a punt, score a TD and played well on coverage units. So again, what more can the guy do? And who played better with his opportunities? He was also pretty stout against the run.

Yeah. While I am disappointed, I can only hope that there was something our staff was privvy to that we are not. On the surface, he seemed like a better player than Skuta. Not sure what gives, but at the end of the day, it's nothing to lose sleep over.
It's unfortunate but we I'm not weeping over it, we still have Lemonier and oh yeah this guy named Aldon Smith, I kind of want him on the field at all times.