LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Cam Johnson being traded to Colts???

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Scoots:
How do we know Harper is going to play WR?

Where else would he play?

TE? Walker 2.0
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL @ all the fans saying Cam only had 1 good game. Anyhow if you spend a year developing a 7th rounder who then finally performs you should then expect more than next years 7th rounder. Period.

Thank you for simplifying it! At least give me a 6th or 5th.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersss:
Hm, who did we have backing up the OLB spot last year?

that is the point made by many.. we had no one and this year we got two at least in dan and the lemon man. we are already ahead of the game i think
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea seemed like the guy was coming around. But once again folks are letting preseason reps vs 3rd stringers cloud thier judgement. Might have flipped him for a 4th rounder. Can't be mad at that. Let's see what the compensation ends up being.

Was thinking that a 5th seems more palatable. Oh wells... likely not a big deal. Life's too short to be concerned about depth players clinging to a roster spot.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
lol.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
tanking for clowney.

s**t we dont even need to tank. Trade ALL the picks for him.
Niners were always going to have to cut or trade some good players this year.
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL @ all the fans saying Cam only had 1 good game. Anyhow if you spend a year developing a 7th rounder who then finally performs you should then expect more than next years 7th rounder. Period.

Thank you for simplifying it! At least give me a 6th or 5th.

He was also a 7th that had top 50 talent. He may produce THIS year for the Colts where we "hope" we get similar value NEXT year...or develop him for a year again like what we did with Cam.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Harper is replacing Gray who was supposed to replace Walker who played TE, FB, WR - which is what Harper will play. Why is that so hard for everyone to understand?
Do you guys think it's possible, if not likely that Baalke and co are just trying to establish some good will with potential trading partners down the line? I'm not saying they are willing to give away the farm, but maybe they don't have to dominate or squeeze every piece of value out of trade so the other side feels bitter. Just a thought.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Another interesting tidbit about this trade pointed out by Matt Barrows. This trade means that only two members of our 2012 draft class remain in LMJ and Looney. Guess the front office is trying to take a mulligan on that draft class and still get something out of it long term.

Im just gonna try to forget that draft ever happened at this point and move on. It just ruins my day when i think about it.
Originally posted by 49erforlife:
This was a great move and as discussed in the previous topics, it was a move to gain a Draft pick and Harper from hawks.

Correct. Essentially, we traded Cam Johnson for a 4th round WR and another draft pick.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Niners were always going to have to cut or trade some good players this year.

exactly. you got the Packers falling over themselves to sign every qb the Niners cut. And I believe Chad Hall was quickly picked up by another team
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Thanks I appreciate it cc. The chances of aldon and brooks both getting injured again IMO is very slim. Having 5 Olb's would've been great, and Haralson or Johnson would have been a hell of a 4th olb to have, but Cam probably wouldn't have seen the field. Lemonier was more impressive than either and is a rookie that is still pretty raw. He is a starting caliber talent that is a 3rd string OLB.

In the next 2 offseasons we could lose some very good football players. Having the amo and maneuverability to move and down as you please to get the players that fit your system will be key to keeping this franchise elite.

Bring on the season I am so stoked to be a 49er fan right now. Last year at the stick we gotta get #6!

yep,, in another day and another era without the 53 man limit things would be different but not now so you gotta do what you gotta do. yep you gotta prepare for the future and not just go day to day in the nfl. i have always complimented this regime on not standing still cuz when you stand still you lose ground and that is how you lose your job.. i think you and others are right,, even if we would have kept cam and haralson, one or both would have been inactive on game day so what good would that do us. your last sentence is right on the money,, i just have to SEE these guys and the rotation and i can promise you something which i want you to keep in mind and remind me of,,, if our new long snapper blows a snap or if the lemon man or skuta whiffs a tackle or sack you will NEVER catch me saying we should have kept whoever else. of all the crazy s**t i do and say,, i just do not like going down that road. you are in charge of making sure i follow through.., I know its a s**tty job but you got it bud
Share 49ersWebzone