There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Seahawks think we're pathetic for signing him

lol
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
One of the Matt's thought we were targeting him in the 4th, instead of Patton.

Some of these personnel decisions Baalke is making... puzzling.

I don't see how any of our moves are puzzling. I hate giving up on a young guy like Cam, but I trust our staff has a better understanding of these guys than we do. We continue to build draft capital which will help us immensely when our cap is going to be tied up to guys like Kaep and Aldon over the next few years.

I said it's puzzling because I'm an idiot and don't see all the moves and angles that Baalke and company do. In Seattle's eyes, Harper was more hopeless than AJ Jenkins. What are we going to do with him that Seattle couldn't.

Whatever they're doing, we're fortunate to be in the slow play position. Not having to worry about adding talent now, and being able to rely on healing players and draft picks.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

lol

lol its another "moral victory" for them that we poached one of their guys.
Wasn't he taken a few spots before Patton? Maybe we were targeting him?

Just a thought.....
seahawks fans say he pretty much sucks. he will probably last until MM or Crabs comes back.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71709
Originally posted by Rascal:
Too bad they didn't like Brandon Kauffman then cos the guy is 6'5".

Got cut by the Bills. At least Harper was cut by a good team.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

lol

We will be even more pathetic if he only gets in the redzone to catch TDs, especially against the Seacock.
The comparison to Jenkins is unwarranted. Harper is an aggressive blocker and a swiss army knife...Jenkins was not. I love this signing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship
Originally posted by susweel:
seahawks fans say he pretty much sucks. he will probably last until MM or Crabs comes back.

Well if the NFL has taught me anything all rookies come into the NFL as good as they will ever be.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
The comparison to Jenkins is unwarranted. Harper is an aggressive blocker and a swiss army knife...Jenkins was not. I love this signing.

Jenkins was a soft dude with the heart of a bunny and body of an 11 year old rwandan
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by susweel:

Well if the NFL has taught me anything all rookies come into the NFL as good as they will ever be.

lol
Thinking outside the box leaves the true professionals an opportunity to exploit talent in a player. This has to be the reason he was signed, for something other than a parallel comparison of Jenkins.
I wanted this guy after the Combine.

Here's what I saw back then:

5) Chris Harper: His combination of size, strength and speed is very impressive. He wasn't a terribly productive receiver in college, and his spotty body of work will likely make him a mid round pick. If his physical tools translate to the next level the way I think they will, he could be wind up being a steal…a big, strong, pass catching steal.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/1098-upon-further-review-post-combine/#w9pCFlIh3wbvDp1h.99

I am stoked that we got this guy. He's precisely the type of receiver that we need to take on our division's big, physical DBs.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AmpLee:
One of the Matt's thought we were targeting him in the 4th, instead of Patton.

Some of these personnel decisions Baalke is making... puzzling.

I don't see how any of our moves are puzzling. I hate giving up on a young guy like Cam, but I trust our staff has a better understanding of these guys than we do. We continue to build draft capital which will help us immensely when our cap is going to be tied up to guys like Kaep and Aldon over the next few years.

I said it's puzzling because I'm an idiot and don't see all the moves and angles that Baalke and company do. In Seattle's eyes, Harper was more hopeless than AJ Jenkins. What are we going to do with him that Seattle couldn't.

Whatever they're doing, we're fortunate to be in the slow play position. Not having to worry about adding talent now, and being able to rely on healing players and draft picks.

There's no risk on our part. If he doesn't work out or show enough potential to keep around, we cut him when Mario returns. No risk, possible reward. Hard to liken him to AJ when he wasn't a round 1 pick and hasn't the benefit of the evaluation time AJ had.