There are 271 users in the forums

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i think they're trading cam johnson to make room for him.....

Yea, well I want at least a 5th for Cam
I was thinking it would be James to the IR.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by azninersfan:
I was thinking it would be James to the IR.

why would James go to IR for a sprain that takes 3 weeks to heal?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Dumb. Going to be another useless ass 7th round pick probably for a solid pass rusher. Should have kept Cam Johnson and Parys Haralson and let Stupar go.
Originally posted by sfout:
why would James go to IR for a sprain that takes 3 weeks to heal?

They're now saying it's a slight tear that won't require surgery. Supposed to be out 3-4 weeks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sounds like from Maiocco that Cam was probably going to be the one cut when they add Harper.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-49ers-trade-johnson-colts
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Dumb. Going to be another useless ass 7th round pick probably for a solid pass rusher. Should have kept Cam Johnson and Parys Haralson and let Stupar go.

someone finally agrees with me.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Doesnt seem very impressive at all. Should have kept Gray. If we do sign him, welcome to the inactive list.

Should have kept Hawkins. But, if they want another big WR, I would have considered Brandon Kauffman who got cut by the Bills, not sure whether any team has claimed him though.

Yeah, this Harbaugh guy is dumb
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Just watched some of his highlights. Looks slow, no seperation, so so hands and doesn't seem to like jumping up to compete for the ball. Just my 2 cents.

Judging any WR from KState is taken with a grain of salt because Klein had the arm of a 5 year old - also judging him by a single game highlight against Baylor, which had fast DBs compared to a guy who ran 4.5 without pads is also something that needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

No, I have watched a number of clips, but my comments are the same. I had to look at some of the single game clips to see what the drops were like. Another clip here which covers more than one game :

Originally posted by Rascal:
Just watched some of his highlights. Looks slow, no seperation, so so hands and doesn't seem to like jumping up to compete for the ball. Just my 2 cents.

Judging any WR from KState is taken with a grain of salt because Klein had the arm of a 5 year old - also judging him by a single game highlight against Baylor, which had fast DBs compared to a guy who ran 4.5 without pads is also something that needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

You beat me to it. 2 things standout at me from the clip: Klein's arm is hot freak'n garbage. He's worse than Shaun Hill. Harper needs a good dose of route running camp. He has the size. And can catch between tight double coverage. Uses his size to block out defender, but needs to do it more consistently. He's not quick, but the ability to run better route may compensate for that.
With trading for Baldwin and signing Harper, I like that they're adding big receivers.
I liked him in the draft as a Walker 2.0 ... Maybe Baalke did too.
These are the draft notes I compiled on him (not my evaluation but an aggregate of others):

"good speed, huge physical WR, crisp breaks and a nice outside burst after the cut, catches with hands, good blocker, strong hands, snatches ball"

I watched several Kstate games last year and his physical play stood out to me. He really seemed to want to deliver a blow to the defender.
I like the move. I mean the kid was a 4th round pick, and regarded as good value for that spot. Plus we piss the Seahawks off, and that's always a plus.
Share 49ersWebzone